Could You Train Yourself To Enjoy...

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
OK Doser, have you ever attended a performance of an opera ? I doubt it. And the ironic thing is that unless you're knowledgable about opera, you can't get all the in jokes in these classic Bigs Bunny cartoons .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
more of annabananahead's bizarre nonsense - gj to the bannahead:
Did you not read what you just quoted me, saying?

"You'll notice I don't even bring it up, except in response to your own posts about it.
You seem to want to discuss this more."

"Start one, if you want."

i had forgotten what an irrational psycho she was when it came to defending her tribe

ok doser

worth a repeat - artie proves that Beyonce is a musical genius:

challenged to provide objective measures of greatness in art, artie thrashes about like a flounder on the deck of a trawler and manages to come up with:
...spen(ding) years mastering a technical process....

congratulations!

that's an objective, measurable quality! :thumb:

:think: Beyonce's been working at her craft for 28 years

artie said:
...that enables him/her to become greatly proficient...

ohhhh :doh:

sorry, that's a subjective evaluation :nono:

however, if we objectively measure proficiency by commercial success.....

All six of Beyonce's solo studio albums have surpassed a million in sales, and all of them also debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Beyoncé's net worth is around $450 million.

artie said:
...play(ing) to an incredibly high standard of accuracy, and that's not subjective...

define "an incredibly high standard of accuracy"

:think: betcha Beyonce's studio work is all autotuned and is pitch perfect

so, by the two objective measures you managed to come up with (and the one subjective measure), Beyonce is a musical genius

good job artie! :thumb:

Arthur Brain

So, I still maintain that it's not possible to "train" yourself to enjoy something you find boring, bland, painful, tedious etc. Any sensible arguments as to how someone can?

This is different to associating positive or negative associations with a piece of music or food et al.

ok doser

So, I still maintain that it's not possible to "train" yourself to enjoy something you find boring, bland, painful, tedious etc. Any sensible arguments as to how someone can?

"something you find boring, bland, painful, tedious etc. "

give me a specific example and i'll do my best

Arthur Brain

"something you find boring, bland, painful, tedious etc. "

give me a specific example and i'll do my best

Apparently, you've been asked not to bother me or TH so if you want a proper exchange then there'll be no trolling, right? If you start going down the "retard" path et al then you're getting reported straight off.

An easy example: Any Beyonce song.

ok doser

How to train yourself to enjoy Beyonce song

OK.

Step 1. Research Beyonce's best selling song - google sez: Crazy In Love with JAY-Z
Step 2. Find official version on youtube
Step 3. Watch enough of it to realize that watching the video will be counterproductive - minimize screen, play sound

ok doser

Step 4. Find elements that I like - trumpet fanfare in beginning is good, reminds me of brass section behind gary puckett:
Step 5. Listen to Gary Puckett on headphones to put me in the mood
Step 6. Go out and shovel snow before temp drops and turns into ice - i'll back :wave2:

Arthur Brain

oh, and by the way?

no

It is according to the PM I received from Sherman after my last infraction. If you start trolling then you're getting reported, simple as that. If you interact like an adult and exchange on point on the thread then fair enough. Up to you.

ok doser

How to train yourself to enjoy Beyonce song

OK.

Step 1. Research Beyonce's best selling song - google sez: Crazy In Love with JAY-Z
Step 2. Find official version on youtube
Step 3. Watch enough of it to realize that watching the video will be counterproductive - minimize screen, play sound
Step 4. Find elements that I like - trumpet fanfare in beginning is good, reminds me of brass section behind gary puckett
Step 5. Listen to Gary Puckett on headphones to put me in the mood
Step 6. Go out and shovel snow before temp drops and turns into ice - i'll back :wave2:

Step 7. Return with sore muscles, rosy cheeks, a clear driveway and dock and a head full of Gary Puckett, Elvis, Marshall Tucker, ETC, Neil Diamond, etc
Step 8. It occurred to me to search other versions of song, in other genres, found this, like it:
Step 9. Didn't take much training, now enjoy Beyonce song i had never heard before :)