Could Christ return to a Christian dominated society?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Definitely a possibility, and surely the most likely outcome, but as an Open Theist, I'd like to think that it's possible, however unlikely, for Christ to return to a Christian-dominant society.

I don't think that the Bible allows for that outcome.

I'm not saying that there will be no trial by fire of Israel, just that the number of Christians in the world could be much higher.

Here's the possibility I see.

Society collapses, while Christianity survives, and enough to rebuild society. Time passes, and most (not all, but certainly more than 50%) of people are or become Christian through the spreading of the gospel. Even Israel turns to God and repents, so Christ raptures the church, and what remains is less than half the population of the earth, including Israel. The rest is recorded in Revelation, though not on the scale it would be if Christ were to return in the next few moments, with most of the world currently being against Him.

The population of earth is currently just over 8 billion people. Subtract the percentage of Christians from that number, and you'd have a greater amount, and thus, more people in rebellion against God during Revelation.

My idea is that if Christianity were to become dominant on the world, or even if it was just 50% at the point of the Rapture, would result in far less carnage.

I think it's plausible, and certainly worth striving for, since it's never a bad thing to win people to Christ, even if unlikely.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm not saying that there will be no trial by fire of Israel, just that the number of Christians in the world could be much higher.
I wasn't saying that you are denying that.

Society collapses, while Christianity survives, and enough to rebuild society. Time passes, and most (not all, but certainly more than 50%) of people are or become Christian through the spreading of the gospel.
Sounds extremely unlikely.

Matt 7:13-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:13) ¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (7:14) Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

This passage tells me that most people will always be unbelievers until God judges them.
Even Israel turns to God and repents, so Christ raptures the church, and what remains is less than half the population of the earth, including Israel.
I believe that the rapture occurs well before the time that Israel turns to God. That happens when Christ returns to the earth (well after the rapture).
My idea is that if Christianity were to become dominant on the world, or even if it was just 50% at the point of the Rapture, would result in far less carnage.
I don't see any way that half of the world becomes believers. The world hates God.
I think it's plausible, and certainly worth striving for, since it's never a bad thing to win people to Christ, even if unlikely.
I don't think that it's plausible but still think that winning people to Christ is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

Rodger

Society collapses, while Christianity survives, and enough to rebuild society. Time passes, and most (not all, but certainly more than 50%) of people are or become Christian through the spreading of the gospel. Even Israel turns to God and repents, so Christ raptures the church, and what remains is less than half the population of the earth, including Israel. The rest is recorded in Revelation, though not on the scale it would be if Christ were to return in the next few moments, with most of the world currently being against Him.

The population of earth is currently just over 8 billion people. Subtract the percentage of Christians from that number, and you'd have a greater amount, and thus, more people in rebellion against God during Revelation.

That is all wonderful thinking and I hope it happens. However the Bible tells a different story.

Scripture says that the Rapture will take place next. That means there will be NO born again believers left on the earth.
There will be lots of religeosely lost people to be sure.

The revival that takes place in the Tribulation Period will be Jews and those who have never heard the gospel.

Actually, the reason Jesus comes back again is that if He does not, there will be nothing left at all.

Matthew 24:22........
"And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Scripture says that the Rapture will take place next.

Yes.

That means there will be NO born again believers left on the earth.
There will be lots of religiously lost people to be sure.

So lets preach the gospel to as many as we can, so that if Christ returns within our lifetimes, that number is as small as possible.

No?

The revival that takes place in the Tribulation Period will be Jews and those who have never heard the gospel.

Yes.

Actually, the reason Jesus comes back again is that if He does not, there will be nothing left at all.

Matthew 24:22........
"And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short."

Nope.

That verse is talking about a shortening of the Tribulation, not about the Rapture of the Body of Christ. The "elect" is Israel.

Rodger

Yes.

So lets preach the gospel to as many as we can, so that if Christ returns within our lifetimes, that number is as small as possible.

No?

Yes.

Nope.

That verse is talking about a shortening of the Tribulation, not about the Rapture of the Body of Christ. The "elect" is Israel.
I was NOT referring to the Rapture. I WAS referring to the Tribulation Period!

Yes.....we should reach out to save all that we can save as the time is short.

Gary K

Banned
I don't think your conclusion is Biblical as Jesus contradicts your assertion.

Luk_18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Mat_24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat_24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

As only 8 people were saved in the ark that doesn't make your assertion sound very likely.