Coronavirus slowing down.

way 2 go

And Russia moves past the UK in total cases count.

deaths cases
Russia 2212 ÷ 242271 = 0.91% death rate ... nah

UK 33263 ÷ 230985 = 14.4 % death rate , sad
USA 83791 ÷ 1389935 = 6.02% death rate , orangemanbad :angrymob:

Sweden 3460 ÷ 27909 = 12.3% death rate

world 296690 ÷ 4342565 = 6.83% death rate

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
USA 83791 ÷ 1389935 = 6.02% death rate , orangemanbad :angrymob:

I specifically recall some here say (once they accepted that the pandemic was really even a thing) that the USA would have the lowest death rates in the world because our health care system is so awesome (and our health care system is so awesome because we don't have universal health care like all the other nasty advanced countries). It hasn't quite worked out that way.

Right Divider

Body part
I specifically recall some here say (once they accepted that the pandemic was really even a thing) that the USA would have the lowest death rates in the world because our health care system is so awesome (and our health care system is so awesome because we don't have universal health care like all the other nasty advanced countries). It hasn't quite worked out that way.

You're making another of your bad comparisons. There are plenty of people with health problems in the USA. So how good the health care system is does not mean that unhealthy people won't die regardless.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Death rates are NOT 100% dependent on how good the health care system is.

That wasn't my claim. That was a claim made by others on this forum. It was specifically stated that the death rate from COVID-19 would be lower for the USA than for any other country in the world because our health care system is the best in the world. It hasn't quite panned out that way...

chair

That wasn't my claim. That was a claim made by others on this forum. It was specifically stated that the death rate from COVID-19 would be lower for the USA than for any other country in the world because our health care system is the best in the world. It hasn't quite panned out that way...

Unfortunately, though the US may have the best health care available in the world, it isn't available to everyone. I know many Americans are ideologically opposed to universal healthcare. As far as I know, it's the only industrialized country which doesn't have it.

God's Truth

I just ignore the retarded background noise these days. Their emotions are running unchecked and so they're throwing silly tantrums. Put 'em in time-out until they settle down and can act their age again

The demons of dishonesty and discord have infiltrated people in all different aspects in life. I am an enemy because of the truth, to those in falseness so as to keep them from the truth, so being even remotely friendly with me is uncomfortable and shows the working of demonic influence.

God's Truth

Look at all this information on unmasking right now. How is it so many gather to feed on the lies of those in high places? Obama/Biden and all those in that group feeding information to the media, and the media constantly broadcasting it, and the haters eating it up.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Russia 2212 ÷ 242271 = 0.91% death rate ... nah

Russia and India got a late start - they each have the potential to be catastrophic, especially India, which has a population four times that of the US and poverty unimaginable to us.

chair

Russia and India got a late start - they each have the potential to be catastrophic, especially India, which has a population four times that of the US and poverty unimaginable to us.

Yes, a real concern. They will likely be even worse than the US. We may never know what happens in India- people will die, but nobody will know from what. Who can afford testing there?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yes,it does depend on where you live. My daughter in a NYC hospital has noted a reduction in cases and deaths. BUT she still has concerns re the future and a recurrence. At least for the moment however it seems as though the need for a fork lift to get bodies to the 3rd deck in a refrigerated trailer has abated.

An interesting comment she made, there seems to no reluctance on the part of covid patients to participate in studies, When she signs people up for studies,she notes she gets totally PPE'd gown, mask, gloves, face shield and deals mostly with Spanish speaking patients (a result of the location of her hospital in Brooklyn and her language abilities), Often she still needs to deal with a family member via phone to make sure the patient understands and gives full consent. The process, she says often takes an hour. These are not "cures" but studies in which a certain random % gets a placebo. Basic science, which is likely the way we will get some progress, not just anecdotal reports of friends, nor the "lets get back to work" ramblings of 2 urgent care docs in southern CA, nor the limited study of 100+/- covid patients in France.

chair

Yes,it does depend on where you live. My daughter in a NYC hospital has noted a reduction in cases and deaths. BUT she still has concerns re the future and a recurrence. At least for the moment however it seems as though the need for a fork lift to get bodies to the 3rd deck in a refrigerated trailer has abated.

An interesting comment she made, there seems to no reluctance on the part of covid patients to participate in studies, When she signs people up for studies,she notes she gets totally PPE'd gown, mask, gloves, face shield and deals mostly with Spanish speaking patients (a result of the location of her hospital in Brooklyn and her language abilities), Often she still needs to deal with a family member via phone to make sure the patient understands and gives full consent. The process, she says often takes an hour. These are not "cures" but studies in which a certain random % gets a placebo. Basic science, which is likely the way we will get some progress, not just anecdotal reports of friends, nor the "lets get back to work" ramblings of 2 urgent care docs in southern CA, nor the limited study of 100+/- covid patients in France.

Good to hear. It's encouraging that people are willing to be part of a study. It shows some basic understanding of how these studies are done, and a desire to help in the general effort to combat the disease, besides worrying about your own survival.