convince me welfare recipients should take drug test...

republicanchick

I don't think they should be made to take a drug test to get... I guess food stamps (?).

But I don't feel any gov aid should be contingent on such a test.

the $$ belongs to we the people anyway... it is not "THEIR" money...

++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The problem with drug testing (for welfare recipients) would be the cost as well as the fact that a creative enough individual is able to pass a drug test.

republicanchick

The problem with drug testing (for welfare recipients) would be the cost as well as the fact that a creative enough individual is able to pass a drug test.

no, those R problems but the biggest problem is the USUAL problem:

government is TOO big... too intrusive...

and that is not the way our gov is supposed to operate..

the bigger gov is, the less freedoms

its as simple as that

__

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
no, those R problems but the biggest problem is the USUAL problem:

government is TOO big... too intrusive...

and that is not the way our gov is supposed to operate..

the bigger gov is, the less freedoms

its as simple as that

__

So why bring up drug testing at all? :think:

Especially since we know that R's are against any programs that help the elderly and poor.

republicanchick

So why bring up drug testing at all? :think:

Especially since we know that R's are against any programs that help the elderly and poor.

nobody does

the Ds in power just want to throw them a crumb here and there, so they can feel better about the government dole they themselves receive in the hundreds of thousands of dollars...

___

The Beard of Zeus

BANNED
Banned
I don't think they should be made to take a drug test to get... I guess food stamps (?).

But I don't feel any gov aid should be contingent on such a test.

the $$ belongs to we the people anyway... it is not "THEIR" money...

++

It's not like drug tests are that much to ask. You'll know who is spending handouts on drugs and then you can give the handouts to people who won't blow their money

republicanchick

It's not like drug tests are that much to ask. You'll know who is spending handouts on drugs and then you can give the handouts to people who won't blow their money

like I said, it is not THEIR money. .

I may not have a problem w/ drug testing, if Congress and those arrogant so and sos in WA are also made to take one..

Why hasn't there been any mention of the pres and first lady and etc being made to take one??

sec of state??

they need to more than ANYONE

geez... I mean, you know Pelosi is on something.. God knows what... and the White House... yikes... even the secret service seems to be...

_____

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
like I said, it is not THEIR money. .

I may not have a problem w/ drug testing, if Congress and those arrogant so and sos in WA are also made to take one..

Why hasn't there been any mention of the pres and first lady and etc being made to take one??

sec of state??

they need to more than ANYONE

geez... I mean, you know Pelosi is on something.. God knows what... and the White House... yikes... even the secret service seems to be...

_____

Oh brother. You went from drug testing welfare recipients to your actual agenda. You want the Dems tested for drugs.

Way to trash your own topic in favor an opportunity to be a cheerleader for the RPN.

Caledvwlch

I think the real problem is that such drug tests are unconstitutional. A pretty clear violation of the 4th Amendment.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the real problem is that such drug tests are unconstitutional. A pretty clear violation of the 4th Amendment.

:chuckle: That too, though my point points out that her way would actually cost more.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get rid of the welfare. If a man will not work, he is not allowed to eat.

Jose Fly

I'd support it if: 1) it was proven effective (the places where it's been done have shown it costs more than it saves), and 2) every agri-business and corporate executive who was on the federal dole was also tested.

whitestone

the federal government of the United states of America is not a religious organization it maintains a "separation of CHURCH and state",not separation of Religion and state (ONLY CHRIST CHURCH),that is the Muslims go to a "Mosque",Jews to a "Synagog" Buddhist to a Buddhist temple ect. narrowing it down to the only faith that considers themselves the Church/body of Christ,a building attended by Christians ect. so "ONLY THE CHRISTIANS"

So it being a christian precept of teaching "if a man will not work he shall not eat"(quoted from Paul),,it applies to the Church during the dispensation of Grace and not the government of the United States.

republicanchick

Oh brother. You went from drug testing welfare recipients to your actual agenda. You want the Dems tested for drugs.

Way to trash your own topic in favor an opportunity to be a cheerleader for the RPN.

oh brother, you are just trying to avoid the point: poor being treated differently than rich

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oh brother, you are just trying to avoid the point: poor being treated differently than rich

Are they the same as the rich?

Better yet, is a toddler the same as a grown single man or woman?

Is a woman who is paralyzed from the waste down the same as a woman who is capable of climbing ladders, driving, running marathons?

Can a blind person be a crossing guard for school children?

rexlunae

It's an unwarranted invasion of privacy. Not to mention, it's more expensive than the savings by orders of magnitude. There's a pretty good indication that people on welfare are less likely to take drugs than the general public because they can't afford it. And people with a drug problem may legitimately need welfare, and it creates a problem if we turn them away.

How would you feel about being drug tested by going through a TSA checkpoint? Or for visiting a government building?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What if he can't work?

I know you are stupid, but try your hardest to get your brains out of gear. I said "if a man will not work". Now, go play with your strawman or go post something to that brick wall known as truster.

The Beard of Zeus

BANNED
Banned
It's an unwarranted invasion of privacy. Not to mention, it's more expensive than the savings by orders of magnitude. There's a pretty good indication that people on welfare are less likely to take drugs than the general public because they can't afford it. And people with a drug problem may legitimately need welfare, and it creates a problem if we turn them away.

How would you feel about being drug tested by going through a TSA checkpoint? Or for visiting a government building?

If it's truly that expensive then nevermind. But otherwise, drug tests are required for all kinds of jobs, so I don't think this would be any more of an infringement on someone's privacy. If there was a legitimate reason for TSA drug tests then I guess that's fine. I don't know how seeing if someone is on something would matter in that situation though.

The welfare recipient drug tests could identify those with drug problems and may be a way to get those with a problem some help. Just spitballing, but maybe if they admit a drug problem the government can put them into a rehab facility