Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
beats me - can't see the woodshed when i'm banned or don't have a membership (like now)

used to be town before i started mocking him about it - he stopped doing it publicly and started his first Cub Reporters thread

but i'm sure he continued doing it through back channels

he reported me once for insulting a state (his, of course) :darwinsm:

i responded with this

True story - he really did report me for insulting a state :darwinsm:

ok doser

Artie's first appearance in the thread:
You're a venomous, bile filled little crank who's only reason for posting here is to troll and take out your own obvious frustrations in life on others via the net. You flame out more than November the 5th, harass and stalk other posters who could outwit you while comatose and are generally a complete pratt.

Other than that you're a veritable ambassador of Christian charity.

:plain:

:darwinsm:

well, thank you artie, for demonstrating "Christian charity"

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
True story - he really did report me for insulting a state :darwinsm:

You know you're living in the Deep South when...

You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.

"ya'll" is singular and "all ya'll" is plural.

After five years you still hear, "Ya ain't from 'round here, are ya?"

"He needed killin'" is a valid defense.

Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Mary Sue, Betty Jean, etc.

:rotfl:

ok doser

i do miss granite - he was so consistent in continually getting it wrong :chuckle:
... anna's classic mistake is seeking out support, a sounding board, and advice in her time of need....

is that what you thought she was doing?

I've talked to several Christians here privately. I trust them.

sounds to me like she had found her source of support, a sounding board, and advice in her time of need

seems like her intent here was something different

... this forum has been a damaging place for me when it comes to faith ...

what might that intent be?

does it seem likely that she started this thread in order to continue damaging her faith? :think:

does it seem likely that she started this thread in order to seek out support, a sounding board, and advice in her time of need, on a forum that she recognized was a damaging place for her? :think:

neither seem likely to me

i suspect her motivations for starting this thread were something very different

ok doser

If a man on the edge of a cliff hears us say jump, He may. He will be accountable for jumping, we will be accountable for encouraging. Or we can tell him of the Great love we have found and He may come down.

on the other hand, if a man on the edge of a cliff hears us say jump, he may get pissed off at our callousness and turn from the cliff in anger to confront us, giving us the opportunity to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart

in a similar manner, telling a man on the edge of a cliff who has been driven there by the actions of those who drone on about the Great love they have found, may find our contribution of the same the last straw and leap to escape from us

ok doser

The Bible calls it shaking the dust off your feet after someone refuses to listen to you.

I'm familiar with the dusting off bit, but that was used when witnessing to those who hadn't heard the gospel, not in reference to people who left the faith.

the reason this is a poor example in anna's case is that she may have left the faith, but she was insistent on remaining among the faithful, as you were, as zoo was, artie too - you claim to have left the faith, but it was important to you to hang around with the faithful spitting on them and mocking them and then whining when they slapped back that their actions were unChristian - classic leftist tactic - hold your opponent to a standard you don't intend to meet

WizardofOz

musty and i were having a conversation about the topic of the OP, about the thread originator

we were as on topic as it is possible to be in this thread, discussing anna's loss of faith

how on earth is that "obsessed"? :freak:

I said "some" but I guess you're volunteering. How many times should someone who doesn't post here any more get brought up? At least go after people that log in and are able to defend themselves.

Yeah, some of you talk about her far too often, in my opinion. Like I said, she hasn't been here since August.

ok doser

It's someone else's fault if Sherman bans someone? I didn't realize that Town had mod powers.

So much for personal responsibility. :idunno:

town lobbies the mods for infractions to be given - he used to do it the normal way, in the woodshed until i started mocking him for it, then he stopped using the woodshed and used back channels, as he did a few nights ago

that was when he started his first "Cub Reporters" thread

WoO - consider my post above, about him reporting me for "insulting a state" - if a mod had taken him at his word (none did that time, thank goodness) and given me an infraction for being disruptive by "insulting a state" - whose fault would it have been?

mine, for acting in a manner that wouldn't have gotten their attention otherwise?

if stripe had posted the way he did a few nights ago in one of my threads, would anybody have reported it? Would town have reported it? Would Sherman have noticed it and given Stripe an infraction? Of course not. The only reason it came to Sherman's attention is because "somebody" whined about it

ok doser

I said "some" but I guess you're volunteering. How many times should someone who doesn't post here any more get brought up? At least go after people that log in and are able to defend themselves.

Yeah, some of you talk about her far too often, in my opinion. Like I said, she hasn't been here since August.

is anybody stopping her from coming back and defending her moronic posts?

and if she's truly gone, what does it matter if we talk about her and her moronic posts?

heck, i'll still bring up Omega and Letsargue occasionally - unfortunately, their epically moronic posts have been pruned - i sure wish somebody had archived Big Black Bang Holes :chuckle:

and don't get me started on Tye Porter! :sibbie:

WizardofOz

town lobbies the mods for infractions to be given - he used to do it the normal way, in the woodshed until i started mocking him for it, then he stopped using the woodshed and used back channels, as he did a few nights ago

There are back channels to get people infractions? Are the mods aware?

that was when he started his first "Cub Reporters" thread

I don't recall him ever having the most reports.

WoO - consider my post above, about him reporting me for "insulting a state" - if a mod had taken him at his word (none did that time, thank goodness) and given me an infraction for being disruptive by "insulting a state" - whose fault would it have been?

The mods for giving you an unwarranted infraction. People can report frivolously all they want. It's up to the mods to take action. You're in blue so you really don't have any idea who is reporting what unless those with access are feeding you reports.

if stripe had posted the way he did a few nights ago in one of my threads, would anybody have reported it? Would town have reported it? Would Sherman have noticed it and given Stripe an infraction? Of course not. The only reason it came to Sherman's attention is because "somebody" whined about it

Then complain to Sherman for handing out unwarranted infractions. Obviously she felt action was warranted so I don't see why everyone is whining about Stripe being in time out for a few days.

Heck, even Knight was banned at one point. That was funny too.

Lighten up a bit. Usually I appreciate your sense of humor but you're bogged down in girly drama from where I'm sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.