Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The cross and what Christ says from it rebuts your mistake.

Christ calls all to salvation

Christ accepts that not all will answer the call, indeed, that most will reject His offer

Christ's command re how to handle those who reject His free offer of salvation are clear

town said:
It's not how we're supposed to be with one another.

I don't recognize you as a brother in Christ

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Christ calls all to salvation
He absolutely does.

Christ's command re how to handle those who reject His free offer of salvation are clear
Like I noted years ago here, "And Judas went out and hanged himself...go thou and do likewise." Straight out of the Bible. Or, context is important. Just so, Christ was about as rejected on the cross as anyone could be. What did he say, looking out over that throng, the ones who'd mostly called for his crucifixion?

I can tell you it wasn't, "If only I could shake the dust off of my feet."

I don't recognize you as a brother in Christ
Didn't really have anything to do with my point, but you keep speaking from your heart and I'll speak from mine and it will all work itself out in the end.

Those of you who aren't of the faith, understand this and the distinction. Christ suffered and died loving you. His anger was slow and rare, his mercy and compassion, wisdom and care were the rule of his life. He desired your fulfillment, happiness and relation.

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And a few points I overlooked earlier, in closing.
.... understand that town enjoys posturing as a Christian, but all he's really doing is regurgitating Merton and Lewis
Rather, I enjoy sharing my love of Christ and I've spent a good bit of my time here defending the faith from hostile and frequently misinformed complaint. Lewis was helpful in apologetics and Merton in the larger philosophical sense. I have no qualms about standing on broad shoulders but wouldn't saddle any of them with the responsibility of my particulars. Brother Lawrence and Boethius have also been a real blessing in my growth as a human being and a Christian, as has Chesterton and a number of others.

meanwhile, looks like town's too frightened to tackle the question annabananahead runs from: anna - do you have faith that Christ will gather in all of His lost sheep, regardless of how butthurt they may have become on the internet?
I don't entertain a less than respectful discussion of the Holy. You treat the subject irreverently. Of course I'm not going to engage you on it.

:mock: town, who thinks he's nicer than God
Rather, pity men who think someone has to be nicer than God to be a better witness then those who use His word like the punchline of a personal joke or an extension of personal spite.

Arthur Brain

nope

Christ's commands are clear and explicit

something a dissembling scumbag lawyer would never understand

Yes, let all that frustration out SOD, have a good cry.

Let's face it, if you were on the receiving end of a legal verdict out of your own favour it would merely be evidence that the lawyers in question were doing a good job in all likelihood. Get a life outside of the library dude. Hopefully you're still not trying to chat up the staff...

:freak:

ok doser

I don't entertain a less than respectful discussion of the Holy. You treat the subject irreverently. Of course I'm not going to engage you on it.

then i'll rephrase it to accommodate your girly tendencies:

do you have faith that Christ will gather in all of His lost sheep, regardless of how [distressed and angst-ridden] they may have become on the internet?

take note that this question requires nothing more from you than a yes or no answer

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You should have just gone with the adult version of the question and left off the juvenile beginning. Because one thing TOL teaches you eventually is that no one owes you a second of their time.

If you want to begin and end a conversation of importance on a substantive note, I'm in. If you can't help but do what you just did...go pound sand, I suppose. :D

I placed that fellow on EGGNORE (Ignore for the more educated among us) long ago. I'm not crazy about his so-called sense of humor/wit. It somehow escapes me, violently I might add.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I placed that fellow on EGGNORE (Ignore for the more educated among us) long ago. I'm not crazy about his so-called sense of humor/wit. It somehow escapes me, violently I might add.
Kids. What can you do? He wasn't spanked or hugged enough, or was spanked or hugged too hard.

:think: Anyone's guess.

The question was important enough that I revised my answer and posted a fairly straight forward bit of scripture on the point. I hope those who are struggling to hold to their faith will find hope and purchase in it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Kids. What can you do? He wasn't spanked or hugged enough, or was spanked or hugged too hard.

:think: Anyone's guess.

The question was important enough that I revised my answer and posted a fairly straight forward bit of scripture on the point. I hope those who are struggling to hold to their faith will find hope and purchase in it.

One can only try TH.

ok doser

doser suggests a way that town could simply answer the question and avoid the appearance (that he so loves) of being a pretentious blowhard:
take note that this question requires nothing more from you than a yes or no answer

town does what comes naturally to him:

first draft:
You should have just gone with the adult version of the question and left off the juvenile beginning. Because one thing TOL teaches you eventually is that no one owes you a second of their time.

If you want to begin and end a conversation of importance on a substantive note, I'm in. If you can't help but do what you just did...go pound sand, I suppose.

second draft:
You should have just gone with the adult version of the question and left off the juvenile beginning.

I dint really think you could manage a simple yes or no :chuckle:

town said:
That said, John 6:38-40.

in which we find Christ saying: "I should lose nothing"

so I will take that as a "yes", as in "yes, I have faith that Christ will gather in all of His lost sheep, regardless of how [distressed and angst-ridden] they may have become on the internet"

and yet, here you are clucking about me like a couple of old hens :darwinsm:

:mock:grosnick

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
doser suggests a way that town could simply answer the question and avoid the appearance (that he so loves) of being a pretentious blowhard:
Did you just refer to yourself third person? :plain: What's next, the royal we?

town does what comes naturally to him:
Now that's true. I reconsidered my response to something important being blocked by someone who wasn't.

I dint really think you could manage a simple yes or no :chuckle:
You should have stopped after "think". :)

ok doser

Did you just refer to yourself third person? :plain: What's next, the royal we?

Now that's true. I reconsidered my response to something important being blocked by someone who wasn't.

You should have stopped after "think". :)

wow - what a witty, clever response :yawn:

well, I have more interesting things to do, like cutting grass or scratching my toes

cya! :wave2:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So first he posts this really on topic and thoroughly adult entry:
yep, you're nothing more than a eighth grade class clown, desperate for attention

And follows it with:
meanwhile, for anybody interested in the op:

Christ will gather in those of His flock, regardless of how butthurt they might claim to be from interactions on the internet
In sum, a not so clever way to attempt an insulting last word before hurrying on to frame a serious question in a manner that is really little more than another opportunity to insult as many people as possible who might be grappling with questions of faith.

You're barred from participation in Biggest Loser on philosophical grounds, aren't you. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.