Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Is it too difficult to look at yourself as the stumbling block that you are?

can't do it, eh?

specifically anna - your beef is with me, not knight (except that you fault knight for not permabanning me)

let's narrow it even further

what specifically have I done that has caused zoo to lose his faith?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
can't do it, eh?

specifically anna - your beef is with me, not knight (except that you fault knight for not permabanning me)

Oh, for Pete's sake, quit being such a narcissist.

My original conversation with Knight (interrupted as it was by your incessant need for attention) prompted this thread. Read the OP again, if you've forgotten already.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because while you're saying it's sad to see someone struggle, it's always so helpful and loving and Christian to call him a weirdo.
He IS, a weirdo!

Look, I get what you are doing here. It's rather transparent. But your trolling me isn't going to work.

I'm not a pastor, or minister, preacher, or even a theologian. I'm just a guy. A guy who has an internet forum. You want me to act, a certain way, or say certain things.... and when I don't, you want to get out the torches and pitch-forks.

But I am who I am. I like having fun on TOL. I like mixing it up a bit and I like that others like mixing it up a bit. Do you know how many times I have told people.... "TOL is not for the thin skinned"?

TOL isn't for everyone because it has a certain style bordering on silly, goofy, irreverent, and that can seem kinda harsh at times. You might not get it. Maybe you take everything too seriously. Maybe TOL isn't the best choice for you in an internet forum.

genuineoriginal

I'm asking the members.

Would it bother you if your actions or words were a factor in someone losing his faith?
Each person must work out their own salvation with fear and trembling.
Blaming others for your loss of faith simply means you are not seeking the truth.

If the actions or words of members of your faith community were a factor in someone losing his faith?
Many homosexuals lose faith because of the actions and words of the members of the faith community against the sin that they want to indulge in.
They would rather indulge in their sin than be in the faith.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Many homosexuals lose faith because of the actions and words of the members of the faith community against the sin that they want to indulge in.

which would support the argument, i would think, that their faith was a false one

iow, their faith was in a Christ who did not say "go and sin no more" but an imagined Christ who said "it's all good - do whatever you want"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He IS, a weirdo!

You certainly didn't think so when you were having those good conversations on the LOST thread. Maybe you think if you can insult him that somehow it can justify your callousness as a Christian.
Look, I get what you are doing here. It's rather transparent. But your trolling me isn't going to work.
Look, I'm asking you questions which you don't seem willing to answer. Your trying to make me look stupid isn't going to work.
I'm not a pastor, or minister, preacher, or even a theologian. I'm just a guy. A guy who has an internet forum. You want me to act, a certain way, or say certain things.... and when I don't, you want to get out the torches and pitch-forks.
Oh yeah, I'm such a torches and pitchforks kind of person...

But I am who I am.
So am I.

I like having fun on TOL. I like mixing it up a bit and I like that others like mixing it up a bit. Do you know how many times I have told people.... "TOL is not for the thin skinned"?
If I was thin-skinned, I wouldn't have lasted here almost seven years.

TOL isn't for everyone because it has a certain style bordering on silly, goofy, irreverent, and that can seem kinda harsh at times. You might not get it. Maybe you take everything too seriously. Maybe TOL isn't the best choice for you in an internet forum.
"Seem harsh?" That's one way of disassociating oneself from really bad Christian witness.

Quetzal

Really!

He's like a hyperactive gnat! He senses the negative energy of an altercation, and he wants SO BADLY to be in the middle of it; to ratchet up the animosity until someone gets hurt.

What a pathetic nuisance.
We are training a puppy, we call it "AOMO", afraid of missing out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.