ECT CONSTANTINE & THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...I will build my Church...

Yes, from a biblical standpoint God's congregation was off track and going downhill. Jesus said he would build it back up.

After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down. I will rebuild its ruins and I will set it up so that the rest of mankind may seek the LORD, even all the Gentiles who are called by My name says the LORD who does all these things. (Acts 15:16-17 NKJV)​

The Abrahamic covenant is for all people on earth, but the Jews of Jesus' day had perverted that. Jesus rebuilt God's assembly with a new priesthood.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The one biblical and historical Church founded by Christ:
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:18-19).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Let me translate into some more modern colloquial words.

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the good news for the gentiles had been committed to me, as the good news for the Jews was to Peter.

I even gave you the version saying who it was for, not what it was.

so cruci's a jew? :think:

He keeps pointing out Peter's authority. I don't deny the authority given to Peter. It just isn't over me.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am beginning to understand why they hate constantine
the third most significant person in the world
they think he started the catholic church
they are so wrong
he did make the world safe for christianity
he is the rider of the white horse
he started the thousand years
he mortally wounded paganism
he prevented islam from conquering the world

HisServant

I am beginning to understand why they hate constantine
the third most significant person in the world
they think he started the catholic church
they are so wrong
he did make the world safe for christianity
he is the rider of the white horse
he started the thousand years
he mortally wounded paganism
he prevented islam from conquering the world

He ensured paganism (Roman Catholicism) would last for thousands of years is all he did.

HisServant

did you know peter went to rome?

Nope... scripture tells us that he had no reason to go to Rome... he was an apostle to the circumcised (Jews)... there were almost no Jews in Rome during his lifetime.

His going to Rome is just a Roman myth to justify its pagan church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nope... scripture tells us that he had no reason to go to Rome... he was an apostle to the circumcised (Jews)... there were almost no Jews in Rome during his lifetime.

His going to Rome is just a Roman myth to justify its pagan church.

that makes you a wacko

you just made the list for 2016

HisServant

that makes you a wacko

you just made the list for 2016

No, it makes me historically accurate...

And, all the additions the Roman made to "The Way".. what Jesus and the Apostles taught all have their roots in pre-christian Roman Paganism.

Sacraments have their roots in Mithraism.... I find it interesting why it is so important for your church yet never mentioned in scripture... because its origin is pagan.

Transubstantiation also is a borrow pagan practice... When followers of Mithra ate the flesh of the bull, they believe it was transubtiated into the flesh of their god.

And I could go on.... Rome is thoroughly pagan.

As far as making your list... it makes me feel good!

6As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised,a just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised , was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9James, Cephasc and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. 10All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

Now, if you claimed your church was founded on Paul... you would have a leg to stand on... but you don't claim that.

Think of it this way... had Peter gone to Rome, he would have been disobeying God.

lifeisgood

How rude of Paul NOT to greet Peter, especially he being the Pope of the RCC, when greeting the Christians in Rome (Romans 16).

Wick Stick

12208719_1090133221006555_4878760742341809068_n.jpg
Incorrect.

It also created a huge tax break for those who were/became Christians, since non-"tolerated" religions were also allowed by the Roman government, as long as they paid a steep extra tax. The "temple tax" of the New Testament, for instance, was such a tax.

Jarrod