Confessions of a homeschooler

ShadowMaid

..... Are you serious?! You took him.... outside??? Did you give him vaccines? Did you make sure to wash his hands? Oh please, where's my inhaler?!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aw man .. I never wanna go outside again now ...

:rotfl:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh...my...gosh! You went...Out there?! I wish my mom would let me go out there!

Tell your mom that she just needs to take a chance and let you go "out there". It might end up being a good experience for you. Just because our experience was such a tragedy doesn't mean that yours will be. Just remember that if somebody comes up and starts talking to you it doesn't necessarily mean that they want to kill you.

And tell your mom to bring a small paper bag along incase you start to hyperventilate and pass out. I should have done that when we tried it.

Also keep in mind that Rat is just a wimp. I didn't want to admit that in the video because I was afraid it would only add to his emotional damage.

;)

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell your mom that she just needs to take a chance and let you go "out there". It might end up being a good experience for you. Just because our experience was such a tragedy doesn't mean that yours will be. Just remember that if somebody comes up and starts talking to you it doesn't necessarily mean that they want to kill you.

And tell your mom to bring a small paper bag along incase you start to hyperventilate and pass out. I should have done that when we tried it.

Also keep in mind that Rat is just a wimp. I didn't want to admit that in the video because I was afraid it would only add to his emotional damage.

;)

I can't stress enough the value of the bag. It can be used for hyperventilation, but also for puking, or to "go to your happy place" by putting it over the child's head and as such blocking the offending sight. Additionally, it can be used to snap the child out of hysterics brought on by fear by blowing up the bag and popping it right by their ear. The loud noise should be enough to distract them from their fit and allow the parent to administer the appropriate medications.

RATitude

Poly's kid
I can't stress enough the value of the bag. It can be used for hyperventilation, but also for puking, or to "go to your happy place" by putting it over the child's head and as such blocking the offending sight. Additionally, it can be used to snap the child out of hysterics brought on by fear by blowing up the bag and popping it right by their ear. The loud noise should be enough to distract them from their fit and allow the parent to administer the appropriate medications.

OHHHHHHH
So THATS what that noise was that I would always hear before I fainted!! :idea:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing that Poly. Gives me courage to try the same with our kids one day. They are only 6 and 10, so I still worry about the effects of sunlight and fresh air with them, let alone contact with others. I'll have some bags handy when we do though. For now they are told that the big door leads to the dungeon.

elohiym

Simply shocking, Poly. We didn't open the Big Door until I had built a cedar fence around the property with a locked gate.

Seriously though, I've never been in a social situation in "real life" where everyone is the same age, like a public school classroom. My kids experience social interaction with their siblings of varying ages and aptitudes, which is closer to the experience they will have in the world.

QueenAtHome

Poly, I remember a few years ago you posted a post. You had me rolling on the ground when you mentioned that your daughter started screaming and went into convulsions (or something like that) because someone said hello to her.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zach was finally brave enough once again, to attempt going outside the big door. Unfortunately, not only was this experience worse than the first socialization attempt but as you will see from the video, he is experiencing some horrific mental challenges which are hopefully only temporary. :dizzy:

Brain Damage

Maegan Johnson

Never quite understood why people were against homeschooling. As a teacher, I think homeschooling is great if the parents are capable of educating their child.

Maybe the naysayers are afraid of the big door.