Clete's POTD 8-2-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Poly said:
Neo-Puritan said:
Clear to whom? And that's a serious statement. Two different people coming from two different background can approach the scriptures and come to two wildly different conclusions about what is "clearly written".

According to Open Theists, when God says....

He wishes all to be saved, He means he wishes all to be saved.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve", He means choose you this day whom you will serve.

"For God so loved the world" He means for God so loved the world.

"It never entered my mind....", He means it never entered His mind.

"False prophets deny the God who bought them", He means false prophets deny the God who bought them.

He brought the animals to Adam "to see" what he would name them, it means He brought the animals to Adam to see what he would name them.

"Now I know...." concerning, now knowing how great Abrahams faith was when he was willing to sacrifice Isaac, He he now knows concerning the great faith of Abraham.

He "repented that he made man", He means he repented that he made man.

Would you please point out and show the "wild interpration" that Open Theists give these scriptures?
Context

I know this was posted yesterday but who cares. This is post of the WEEK!

:first: :BRAVO:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Great Poly, :up: nicely put! It actually means what it says? That can't be right can it?

:)

Philetus

The Problem Picking Poly's Posts:
PPPP

The fundamental problem with Poly's posts ...

is picking just one for POTD.
They are all great. :emarie:
"Now Poly, could you do that in the original languages with cross references and footnotes? and parse each verb while you are at it?"
Good work,
Philetus

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Philetus said:
The Problem Picking Poly's Posts:
PPPP

The fundamental problem with Poly's posts ...

is picking just one for POTD.

Ah shuckaroonies!!

Btw, remind me again exactly what we agreed on? Was it $5 for every positive comments on one of my posts or for every 5 positive comments I give you $1?
Philetus said:
Now Poly, could you do that in the original languages with cross references and footnotes? and parse each verb while you are at it?"
Good work,
Philetus

:squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.