Clete's POTD 11-30-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This was posted last night but that's close enough!

Army of One said:
Jadespring said:
So all moral issues should result in the punishment of death? Bull.
Where in the world did you get that? Of course not everything that is immoral is deserving of execution. I was merely pointing out that homosexuality is a moral issue.

And no it does not destroy the arguement at all. This absoluate interpretation of the NT itself is not in itself absolute. Try checking out the numerous studies on the subject. There is no agreement. There has never been 100% agreement on what those NT passages truely refered too.
So, I can't be correct in my position until everyone else agrees with me?
Murder, rape...no brainer there. At one time your list also included prohibitions against women, different behaviors and various other groups of people and behaviors, all of which have changed over the years as we better understand human behaviors and how this world works.
Well, my list never included those things. And my point was, no one argues against murder and rape being a crime on the basis that it is included among symbolic crimes in the Bible, so why would you use that tactic against the criminalization of homosexuality?
Do I think that murder, rape and kidnapping will ever drop off that list? Nope. Why? Because they're pretty much the only things that everyone agrees upon. If something cannot be 100% determined then no one deserves to die for it. Go ahead a hate them if you must. Relish is the righteousnous of superor morality. Whatever. Just quit this bull about the death penalty. If God has a problem with it. He'll deal with it.
So are you against the punishment of all crime, since "if God has a problem with it, He'll deal with it."? Obviously not. Yet you apply that logic to the act of homosexuality.

Scripture says adulterers should die. I suppose you must subscribe to this view.
You're right. I'm in complete support of re-criminalizing adultery.
Know any adulters? Friends? Family? Perhaps its time we all really get down to business here. Lets start making some lists.
Yes, I do know a few. Yet, I wouldn't compromise what I'm convinced is just, out of an emotional attachment to those I know. In fact, it is that emotional attachment that motivates me to advocate an appropriate sentence for such a crime. Because, if such a penalty existed, I'm confident that my friends and family members that have committed adultery, wouldn't have out of fear for the consequences.

Just excellent! :BRAVO:

Here's a link to the post...
Post 518

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Army of One is a great truthsmacker!!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And jadespring probably still doesn't get it.

But you did a wonderful job, Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.