Clete's Pick 4-6-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jerry Shugart said:
elected4ever,

It is you who parts company with your common sense by asserting that there was only one gospel.Let us examine your ideas and see if the Scriptures are in agreement.

Here is the "gospel" that was preached to the Jews during that Acts period:

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ"(Acts17:2,30).

"This Jesus...is Christ."

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"(Acts2:36).

"God hath made the same Jesus...both Lord and Christ"

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ"(Acts18:28).

"Jesus is Christ."

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ"(Acts9:20,22).

"That this is the very Christ."

The gospel that was preached to the Jews was in regard to the fact that Jesus is the Christ.

Here is the gospel that was preached to the churches which Paul founded:

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death"(Col.1:20-22).

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son..."(Ro.5:10).

Here the gospel concerns the "purpose" of the death of the Lord Jesus upon the Cross.Anyone with the least bit of Spiritual discernment can recognize that the "good news" that was preached to the Jews during the Acts period was not the same "good news" that was preached in the churches that Paul founded.

But for some reason you will not believe it.It seems as if you put more faith in the doctrines invented by men than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.When Paul went to preach the gospel he "reasoned" out of the Scriptures:

"And Paul,as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures..."

You must throw your reason to the wind in order to continue to insist that there was only one gospel.You would rather cling to the "traditions" invented by men instead of believing what the Scriptures clearly teach.

And then you have the temerity to tell me to please use my head.We can see that the only use that you have for your head is as a place to put your hat.

"...because they seeing,see not,and hearing,they hear not,neither do they understand"(Mt.13:13).

In His grace,--Jerry
”Dispensationalism Made Easy”

http://midacts.net/studies/shugart-dispensationalism_made_easy.html

:BRAVO: :first:

Context: Post 212

drbrumley

elected4ever said:
Was Israel saved by grace through faith or by the keeping of the law?

Ok, you keep making this tired argument.:yawn: Come on Dad, use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Everyone agrees the ONLY way a man has ever been saved past, present and future is by the Blood of Jesus. Agreed?

Pettingill offers this nuggett
Salvation has been and will always be a Gift of God in response to faith. The dispensational tests served to show man's utter helplessness, in order to bring him to faith, that he might be saved by grace through faith plus nothing.

But did not God require something from the Jews?

Moses was saved and he not once said "by the Blood Of Jesus I am saved." He can say that now and it would be absolutely true. But he couldn't say it then cause he had no idea.

It is as plain as the nose on your face that the New Testament teaches that everyone who did not continue in all things that are written in the book of the law was under a curse, and it is just as plain the Jews never continued in all that the law demanded. So were the Jews all lost? Hardly! The Jews, by virtue of the covenant made with Abraham, could not disannul the promise God made. It should be clear that salvation under the Old Testament was by the basis of the promise God gave Abraham

And just let me add here that the gospel does not save. By you attempting to argue for one gospel versus two or even three or more, you make it sound that the gospel is what saves a person. Last I checked, Jesus saves, not the gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.