Clete's Pick 12-29-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just Tom said:
docrob57 said:
This sounds sort of like total depravity doesn't it?
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." F9 13 "Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit"; F10 "The poison of asps is under their lips"; F11 14 "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness." F12 15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways; 17 And the way of peace they have not known." F13 18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes." F14

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Was he sinless ? No

But total depravity is an enigma I don't find in the bible.

docrob57 said:
And you are saying that it is more prideful to say you had nothing to do with your salvation than it is to say you freely chose it? I don't know about that one.

Surely, It is similar to the feeling you get because you were chosen out of all players for the kick ball game. You had nothing to do with it someone else choose you and not the others. So you are special oh so special!!! :devil:

So if I say that I have total depravity and yet have been chosen, I can brag in my depravity.

Just excellent! :BRAVO:

Context

This was actually posted yesterday but that's close enough!

Load this guy up with some rep points will ya!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Isn't he the one who got POTD?:confused:
My only guess as to why he said that is because JustTom's post is from an Open Theism thread so JT might be on the OT side of the argument. You aren't an open theist are you?

Agape4Robin

kmoney said:
My only guess as to why he said that is because JustTom's post is from an Open Theism thread so JT might be on the OT side of the argument. You aren't an open theist are you?
:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.