Clete POTD 8-31-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Vaquero45 said:
Hilston said:
When you feel a closeness to God, do you believe God is feeling close to you, as well? And is He able to feel close to you, all the while He is being angry at person X, sad about person Y, happy about person Z, surprised by person 1, disgusted by person 2, and grieved over person 3? Multiply these circumstance thousands of times over at any given moment: Is this the kind of God you imagine? One who is subject to whims of thousands of people, all at the same time, and Who can be externally moved by these thousands of creatures into thousands of conflicting emotions concurrently?
Sorry to jump in here out of the blue. If it wasn't this post it would have been some other.

Jim, do you feel close to God?
You must answer yes or no depending on God's decree of course, and it really doesn't matter which. Are you really close to God or not? There is no way to know because God could be tricking you into thinking you are close or not. He plays this game with us all the time. People all over the world sincerely follow non-Biblical false religions by God's decree, right?

:think: But are non-Biblical religions really false? Maybe Allah is the determining god, and he makes the people he didn't pick before the foundation of the earth believe in christianity among others? :dizzy: There is no logical way for you to refute this. All you can do is claim that God picked you and taught you what is right, but determining-Allah could have planted that belief in your mind! God can determine whatever He feels like right? Justice need not apply in His case, right?... It's all good!

Do you believe God feels close to you? Who cares what you answer because God decreed it, and as reality seems to show, truth has a random effect on your God's decrees.

Can God be angry, sad, happy, surprised, disgusted, or grieved over different people? Especially 1000's of times over? NO WAY! He'd have to be "omni" something-or-another...

Could God be "subject" to the "whims" of thousands of people? Inconceivable! But He might decree that a ton of them think He is, cause what's funnier than that?! He might even throw a joke in the Bible about Moses or Samuel effecting Him. HA! I would DIE laughing if He did! :rotfl:

Jim, why do you trust this God?

Poisoned mind you say? How would you know? You might be the only one suffering the disease! (by God's decree of course)

Luciferian? That's not a hard game to play...

Hath God said... "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before Me, My mind would not be favorable toward this people?

Hath God said... "it is very good" but later, "it repenteth me that I have made them"?

Hath God said... "They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind"?

Hath God said... "Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden"?

Eve said to herself... "surely die"??? Nah! probably just an anthro-figure!

We are not idiots and we want to glorify God at least as much as you do.

Just a terrific post!

:BRAVO: :first:

The post provides its own context but here's a link to the thread...
Open Theism

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:noway:

Vaquero that is outstanding!!

Status