Cities Across America Creating Rainbow Crosswalks to Celebrate ‘LGBTQ Pride’

glassjester

Do you expect me to know the names of gays that learned to be gay by watching gay bands and gay stars?

Well... yeah. If you're saying that people wanted to become homosexual because of a homosexual role model - then there should be at least one person who has said so.

You could very well be right. But without any evidence, as I said earlier, nobody knows.

Think about it - it wouldn't be that hard to find a basketball player who cites Jordan as his inspiration. Or a guitarist influenced by Hendrix. Can you find any homosexual who says, "I became homosexual so I could be like that guy." ?

glassjester

What's this hang-up with gays? How about adulterers? Or pork-eaters?

Yes, I think people of good faith need to take a much harsher stance against adultery. Against fornication of any kind, really. There should be major social consequences (if not legal consequences) for those who fornicate.

chair

Yes, I think people of good faith need to take a much harsher stance against adultery. Against fornication of any kind, really. There should be major social consequences (if not legal consequences) for those who fornicate.

The difference is that the adulterer could be you or me. Could be anybody. One of us. So understand and forgive, or just ignore. Homosexuals are viewed as outsiders, so it's one of them. Much easier to point at somebody else than to look in the mirror.

Arthur Brain

What consequences should they be exactly? Focusing on the fornication aspect, what business is it of yours or anyone else if people have sex outside of marriage?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What's this hang-up with gays? How about adulterers?

Where do you see a celebration of adultery happening in the church and it being said to be ok with God? When you see that, youll see just as much push back. Homosexual relations are sin, just like adultery. However, one is claimed to be ok (homosexuality)

Neither is ok with God.

Or pork-eaters?

Why would i take issue with what is clean?

Acts 10:15
And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.”

1 Corinthians 10:25-27
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. For “the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.” If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

glassjester

What consequences should they be exactly? Focusing on the fornication aspect, what business is it of yours or anyone else if people have sex outside of marriage?

Let's say a guy knocks up his girlfriend and dumps her.
Or he cheats on his wife.
Or he sleeps with another man's wife.

It should be a given that all his friends and family will find his actions absolutely despicable and won't associate with him anymore. There should be major stigma attached to such actions. The fact that there isn't, is probably why it happens so constantly.

And it isn't good for society.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well... yeah. If you're saying that people wanted to become homosexual because of a homosexual role model - then there should be at least one person who has said so.

You could very well be right. But without any evidence, as I said earlier, nobody knows.

Think about it - it wouldn't be that hard to find a basketball player who cites Jordan as his inspiration. Or a guitarist influenced by Hendrix. Can you find any homosexual who says, "I became homosexual so I could be like that guy." ?
So, in other words, you're saying that nobody learns to be gay by the example of flaming fags?

glassjester

I can pretty much guarantee it. Do you think people are born gay?

No, I don't think they are.

Anyway - you seem to have moved the goalpost a bit. What are you actually claiming? That a homosexual celebrity specifically motivated individuals to become homosexual, or that homosexuality is a learned behavior in general?