chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
population control
A Solution
to climate change. Reduce carbon. Reduce your grandchildren. Not theirs. They know what they are doing. You don't. They can fool some all the time. It just takes a crisis. Don't you think it is a crisis? I think it is a crisis that they are talking about it. And you're listening.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm talking about climate change, just like the democrats, why aren't you talking about it?

I might talk about it with someone else, but you push so hard (you're only using it to set up your own talking points) that you actually produce the opposite effect in me. To which you'll probably tell me you're not talking to me, so I'm prepared for that. :chuckle:

And now I'm going to tell you a few things and you might say you "didn't need to hear all that" but I'm gonna tell you anyway. Maybe if you know in advance there will be words about climate change, it'll make it easier for you to get through the words that aren't about climate change. Maybe if I bold them you'll see them as signposts to keep you strong for the journey.

I was doing a search that landed me on an old thread from about five years ago, it was one of the usual food fights and you were obviously enjoying it as you always did - and you said "I'm with... " whoever it was and then "I'm not with..." whoever it was and you counted how many posts were being made on either side of whatever line you saw, and insisted (as you always did but not believably) that you weren't going to encourage sod. You had me chuckling out loud. :chuckle:

So I read a few more threads because I really miss those days. They're not coming back. But you still remind me of my mom and talking to you has been a little bit like talking to her except she wouldn't intentionally say things that hurt, she loved me, even though it was so difficult to show it because it was missing from her own childhood and it took a lifetime for her to learn how. But she was getting there. We were getting there. I'll always be thankful for the time, because it took a long time to learn that part of loving someone is opening yourself to be loved in return, but you have to allow yourself to be vulnerable. You have to open your arms, expose your belly, and if you're always protecting yourself from hurt, if you're always curled up to protect your soft underside from the pain of real or possible or past rejection, you can't ever fully experience love. Maybe if I could have faith again like I once did (I don't know if that's possible), it would come by the idea that Jesus opened his arms wide on the cross and showed us how to be vulnerable. To rejection. And to love.

There's a difference between raising a child and loving a child. One comes from duty, social pressure and other things like that, and one comes from the heart, and ideally there's a good mix but how many children have that good fortune? The children who will suffer most from climate change are in countries where there are lots of children, but countries with lots of children are where the countries with people who aren't currently having lots of children have been showing up for centuries to exploit them for their oil, their natural resources, their expendable bodies to mine and produce the dangerous things that destroy them so the people in the countries without lots of children can continue to have their low prices, their batteries and cheap electronics, and rail against taxes and immigrants and the fakery of climate change in the comfort of their own climate-controlled dwellings. Over in the countries with lots of children, their lives, their hopes for safety and happiness are as precious to them as the lives of those up here are, but as long as climate change isn't affecting you personally, it's not a problem. To you. The babies you care about are the ones here. And they're not being born fast enough here to keep up with the rate that our elderly population is dying.

Yes, the Church is a mess. No argument there. Politics is a mess. Life is a mess. But then, it's always been a mess. Social media just amplifies it like a digital centrifuge, where the moderate voices are spun out and all that's left is the extremism which can't be separated from the detritus of the basest parts of human nature. It's something to see, for sure, and I wonder about how much it's changed each of us.

Anyway. It's time to let the last decade go, it's a new decade, and we don't get many of those. I've counted down to Dec. 31st. - and here it is.

I have the same baggage :eek: but I made a new map. I'll stop in sometime and say hi at your blog. You take good care, I'll miss you.

/climate change

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And once again, anna always makes it about .....

MEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :roses:

Expected and completely inevitable that you wouldn’t be able to control your compulsions. :chuckle: Thanks for coming through like a champ!

I added this, just to show how hard you had to look to decide it was all about YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! :chuckle:

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
just as I knew you'd be compelled to respond, pitiful creature that you are, lacking any self-control

:wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
just as I knew you'd be compelled to respond, pitiful creature that you are, lacking any self-control

:wave2:

:rotfl: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery etc. etc.

No matter, it's New Year's Eve and there's still some time left to make you miserable, should you so desire it. :chuckle:

ok doser

... it's a new decade, and we don't get many of those.

this'll make the seventh for me

tenth for my parents

fourth for my big boy

third for my little boy

if i cared to reflect, it might be an interesting starting point - not now, yardwork to do before the rain starts

maybe later when it's drinking time :)

ok doser

Those 70% identifying as Christian women who got abortions walked themselves into the abortion clinic, no bishop dragged them in.

Maybe if the Church and the parish priests hadn't shamed women for so many years,

and if they hadn't taught that birth control was a mortal sin,

and maybe if there were better social safety nets for women who found themselves in a desperate situation

there would be less abortions.

maybe if women weren't such self-centered murderers there would be fewer abortions

maybe if feminists weren't whispering in their ear "it's not a child until it has a heartbeat" and "it's your body, don't let the patriarchy oppress you" there would be fewer abortions

maybe if evil people weren't telling them to disregard:
... law made by men in long robes ...
there would be fewer abortions

praying for God to heal your evil heart anna :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
twice already :darwinsm:

Hilarious! :darwinsm:

because your OCD won't let you just leave? You have to tie it to an arbitrary tick of the clock?

what a sad little mess you are

praying for you anna :)

this'll make the seventh for me

tenth for my parents

fourth for my big boy

third for my little boy

if i cared to reflect, it might be an interesting starting point - not now, yardwork to do before the rain starts

maybe later when it's drinking time :)

You sound like you’re already well into drinking time. :chuckle:

ok doser

chrysostom

worth taking the bananahead off ignore for a last look at her oh-so-typical petty childishness, compounded by her OCD

one can only hope she's sincere in her announcement and is able to overcome her demons and actually

just

leave