chrysostom

Eagles Wings

Change as in character and change as in what you intend to do/not do arent the same things.

Gods character does not change, what He intends to do, does. See the verses i posted already, and see Jonah also for another example, God intended to destroy Nineveh and changed His mind there also.

Repent means to change your mind about something, or to turn around, we turn from sin to God do we not when we receive Christ?

Its very important to have the right definition, since God repents too, and it cannot just mean to be sorry for sin, since God doesnt sin.
I believe His decrees never change. What is a change in course or action by God, is still by His eternal decree.

I've looked at this in so many ways over the years, and believe that this is the faith the Lord has given me, regarding Himself.

It is His immutability that is most comforting to me.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe His decrees never change. What is a change in course or action by God, is still by His eternal decree.

I've looked at this in so many ways over the years, and believe that this is the faith the Lord has given me, regarding Himself.

It is His immutability that is most comforting to me.

Care to respond to the verses that say He repents?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There are over 30 verses where God is said to repent.

In no sense is God repenting the way man does.

When God repents He has nothing to regret within Himself.

The sins of mankind do offend Him deeply and so He acts.

Sure He is, He is changing His mind about what it says, and man changes his mind about his way. Either you admit it means what it says, or it doesn't.

God is not a God of confusion.

Eagles Wings

Sure He is, He is changing His mind about what it says, and man changes his mind about his way. Either you admit it means what it says, or it doesn't.

God is not a God of confusion.
I cringe to see you suggest it is your way or the highway. Reminds me of many here.

I told you what I believe.

Take care.

jsanford108

I agree that all of you who falsely claim God doesnt repent, doesnt agree with what the bible says.

The Bible doesn't say "repent" in either verse you provided. That is a revision on your part. An alteration made to make your claims seem just.

The actual rendering is "regretted." This is vastly different in connotation, as well as denotation, with "repent."

This is just another example of revisionist tactics leading to false doctrines.