chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
We had ATT U-Verse but when the renewal came up they told us they were switching to Direct TV. ATT bought Direct TV a year or two ago. I think their plan is to put everybody on Direct TV

I get that but how do you know it is terrible?

SaulToPaul 2

We had ATT U-Verse but when the renewal came up they told us they were switching to Direct TV. ATT bought Direct TV a year or two ago. I think their plan is to put everybody on Direct TV

I switched from DirecTV to ATT in 2012. Hmmmm.
I don't wanna go back. The trees in my yard have grown and are blocking the path to the dish.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I switched from DirecTV to ATT in 2012. Hmmmm.
I don't wanna go back. The trees in my yard have grown and are blocking the path to the dish.

never had a dish but understand that during storms when you want to watch radar the dish often goes out

SaulToPaul 2

never had a dish but understand that during storms when you want to watch radar the dish often goes out

If it is set up correctly, with a strong initial signal, then it should only go out in extremely heavy downpours. But I doubt they are set up correctly in most cases.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because now we have direct tv, they switched it from U*-Verse to direct. If the wind blows we get bad reception, if it rains we got nothin'

interesting -
atnt offered us a great deal to get the dish -
we got spectrum
the spectrum cable guy had to repair all the cable connectors that atnt installed
we now have a nice picture and nice sound to go with it

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it is set up correctly, with a strong initial signal, then it should only go out in extremely heavy downpours. But I doubt they are set up correctly in most cases.

The beauty of internet, live TV is that unless your internet goes out, it's normally available. Oh, and the *no contract ... cancel whenever you wish* factor.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

atnt had three chances to set us up correctly and failed -
spectrum took one time to set it up correctly

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The beauty of internet, live TV is that unless your internet goes out, it's normally available. Oh, and the *no contract ... cancel whenever you wish* factor.

yeah but you first have to get to the internet

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
well yeah -
three ways -
phone
cable
dish
-is there another way?

No ... though it does require high speed internet, best if used with a WiFi modem. The only other way you are going to have TV without cable/satellite or internet is with an antenna. The upside to internet TV using a streaming device such is Roku is that there are also FREE stations available where you can watch *some* live TV for free.

Should you get to the point where you wish to try that option, I would be glad to provide you with both free and relatively inexpensive stations.

Interestingly enough, I was recently able to upload HBO on Channel Pear for free.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No ... though it does require high speed internet, best if used with a WiFi modem. The only other way you are going to have TV without cable/satellite or internet is with an antenna. The upside to internet TV using a streaming device such is Roku is that there are also FREE stations available where you can watch *some* live TV for free.

Should you get to the point where you wish to try that option, I would be glad to provide you with both free and relatively inexpensive stations.

Interestingly enough, I was recently able to upload HBO on Channel Pear for free.

how do you get high speed internet?