Christopher Walken for President?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From http://www.walken2008.com:

"Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security, and losing lives at war. We need to focus on what's important-- paying attention to our children, our citizens, our future. We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources, and helping to promote a stable, safe, and tolerant global society. It's time to be smart about our politics. It's time to get America back on track."

I remember this guy from The Deer Hunter and SNL. :chuckle:

Just what we need: another actor running for president; especially one who believes "that voters should vote based on the candidates' platforms, not their party affiliation. At this early stage, we are not affiliated with any political party, nor do we plan to be. Our platform is our message, and that's what we're running on. Down the road, if an established party chooses to back Mr. Walken, he may accept."

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Actually, that statement alone is a positive thing ... but then he goes and messes it up by being willing to jump on the party bandwagon if someone will have him.

:freak:

That's why I quoted the entire quote. :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After reading his webpage, I don't think I will vote for Walken. Now, if Charlton Heston ran for president, I'd vote for him. :chuckle:

Emo

Christopher Walken should just stick to acting.

Quote of his from Man on Fire:

A man can be an artist...in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it.
Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

On Fire

"If you want to learn how to build a house, build a house. Don't ask anybody, just build a house."

and

"I believe in saving money, I believe in having a house, I believe in keeping things clean, I believe in exercising."

It's a joke....right?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I like Christopher Walken..... as an actor.

As a politician, not so much.

Commie. :D

I agree. :chuckle: Some people are only good at one thing. They ought to stick with what they're good at.

SOTK

[Christopher Walken impersonation] You voter's get out there and vote for me or I'll...I'll have to kill ya! I won't like it much but it is what it is. [/Christopher Walken impersonation]

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Anybody see that music video where he danced for the entire song?

Kinda cool. I think it was called a commie 2 step.......

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Could you imagine how much fun listenting to the State of the Union Addresses would be? The stand up comedians would have a field day!

HisLight

On Fire said:
"If you want to learn how to build a house, build a house. Don't ask anybody, just build a house."

and

"I believe in saving money, I believe in having a house, I believe in keeping things clean, I believe in exercising."

It's a joke....right?

I think his attitude about learning to build a house makes him a natural politician. Why learn from other's experience and mistakes? Why worry about how much it will cost to build it that way or how long it will take? Just start building you will figure it out eventually and by the time the debt is due it will be someone else's problem.

I hope someone offers him a great movie opportunity so that he is too distracted to get serious about his political aspirations.

monochrome

BillyBob said:
Anybody see that music video where he danced for the entire song?

Kinda cool. I think it was called a commie 2 step.......

It was a fat boy slim video, I can't remember the song title. All I know is that it was based on a movie Walken was in, in which he dances around before tossing himself off a balcony to his death. In the music video he flies away, which I guess is less messy.

- m -

elected4ever

Christopher Walken for Prisident :idea: After 10 sec of thinking about it :noway: another 10 sec passes and :rotfl: after another 10 sec. :vomit: after another 10 sec. :Grizzly: My personal message to Mr. Walken :nananana:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Good.

However, look who might run against Arnold for the Governorship of California:

Dems Woo Bill Clinton To Oppose Arnold
NewsMax

Enticed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plunging approval ratings, California Democrats are courting some heavy hitters to run against him next year - including Bill Clinton.

"We hear that major donors are reaching out to former President Clinton, once governor of Arkansas, to run," Paul Bedard writes in his U.S. News & World Report column, Washington Whispers.

A Democratic strategist quoted by Bedard says: "On first blush, it might sound nuts. But he'd be governor of the fourth-largest economy in the world and have the ability to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for Hillary" if she ran for president.

Other potential candidates being considered include ex-Lakers star Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and activist actor Rob Reiner, aka "Meathead" of "All in the Family" fame.

Says Bedard: "Imagine a 'Meathead vs. Terminator' race in 2006."

firechyld

Weird. I didn't know you could do that, although now that I think of it I can't come up with a reason why not.