Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Per the lexicons, the term 'Christian' was first coined in the NT to represent worshipers of Jesus Christ.

Holding to this original definition makes a mockery out of JW's who wish to claim the 'Christian' title and then re-define what it means...

Nope.

They were those proclaiming Jesus was the Christ.

King James Version
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

genuineoriginal

Per the lexicons, the term 'Christian' was first coined in the NT to represent worshipers of Jesus Christ.
According to Acts 11:21, they were called Christians because they believed and turned unto the Lord.

Acts 11:21
21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.​

Nothing in the passage states that they were called Christians because they "worshiped" Jesus.

KingdomRose

Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

It's dangerous to make statements about somebody or some thing that you don't know anything about. You wind up with egg on your face.

We "worship" Christ, just not as God. "Worship" is relative. It merely means to give honor or respect to. We worship a court judge as a high official, as well as we do a president or a governor. We worship Jesus as the Son of God, worthy of high praise and honor. The only One we worship as God Almighty is Jehovah,
the Father
. So you are very WRONG about your accusation.

Do you worship three Gods? We only worship one. Jehovah.

Apple7

Nope.

They were those proclaiming Jesus was the Christ.

King James Version
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

You must be Trinitarian, as you quoted an English Trinitarian rendering...

Apple7

According to Acts 11:21, they were called Christians because they believed and turned unto the Lord.

Acts 11:21
21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.​

Nothing in the passage states that they were called Christians because they "worshiped" Jesus.

The 'Hand of the Lord' is The Holy Spirit to begin with!

Thanks for proving that Christians are also Trinitarian!

Apple7

It's dangerous to make statements about somebody or some thing that you don't know anything about. You wind up with egg on your face.

We "worship" Christ, just not as God. "Worship" is relative. It merely means to give honor or respect to. We worship a court judge as a high official, as well as we do a president or a governor. We worship Jesus as the Son of God, worthy of high praise and honor. The only One we worship as God Almighty is Jehovah,
the Father
. So you are very WRONG about your accusation.

Do you worship three Gods? We only worship one. Jehovah.

If you worship Jehovah, then you should be called Jehovahians.

Only Yahweh gives access to Yahweh.

marhig

Therefore, Jesus is God...

Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14.6)
How does that make Jesus God?

The following verses show us that Jesus is not God but shows us that the father of the only true God. In Jesus's own words.

John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU HAST SENT. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
How does that make Jesus God?

The following verses show us that Jesus is not God but shows us that the father of the only true God. In Jesus's own words.

John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU HAST SENT. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Not exactly a proof text he tossed out there was it? :)