Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

You are wrong from the get go because you speak of 'original languages'.

It proves you are in falseness; or else, show the scripture that says we have to learn 'original languages'.

Cult-followers, like you and TrevorL, can't be bothered with the languages in which God revealed Himself to His prophets.

You are not serious enough to put forth the effort into truly knowing God.

So sad for the two of you...

Apple7

Just imagine if it is according to the way JR says:

Imagine...

God the Father in the Old Testament saying that He is one and there is no one besides Him.

But there really is a Son besides Him that is like Him?

What? Then why does God the Father say no one besides Him or like Him?

Did God really say that, or did God really mean that there are two besides Him that are like Him and the three different and separate ones like Him and besides Him make all together one God?

No. That does not make any kind of sense.

Scores of times in scripture, the dialogue of God alternates from First-Person to Third-Person...thus, the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at is that Yahweh is more than one Person.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, I appreciate that you have greater language skills, and I am also slower in understanding. I still have difficulty with what you say here. My understanding of Hebrews 1:1 is that it is a contrast between the partitive revelation of God through the prophets and the complete revelation of God through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Hebrews 1:1 is an introduction or statement of the theme that the writer (most probably Paul) develops throughout the Letter, where he contrasts the various people and their functions with the complete role of Jesus. One of the recurring aspects is that Jesus is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

This is where studying the original languages, and the grammar employed in the passages under study, really pays-off.

In Heb 1.1, ‘Ho Theos’ is in the nominative case, indicating that God is the subject of the passage.

We can be confident that this passage refers directly to God The Father, aside from the obvious subsequent context provided in Heb 1, by the verb attached to ‘Ho Theos’, which is ‘lalēsas’(spoke), of which, is used in only one other location in scripture, Heb 5.5, demonstrating a Father/Son relationship.

The two adverbs describing how God The Father spoke, ‘polymeros’, by many portions, and ‘polytropos’, in various forms, each occurring this one time only in scripture, and lexically defined as ‘One of the constituent parts of a whole; in a context where the whole and its parts are distinguished.’, clearly informs the reader that God spoke to the prophets in physical forms.

These ‘forms’ are described in more detail in subsequent chapters in Hebrews.

Heb 6 declares one form (The Son) to be Malek Yahweh.

Heb 7 declares one form (The Holy Spirit) Melchizedek.

rstrats

Analogy:

There is the Smyth family. The family currently consists of three individuals. There is Robert Smyth the father, there is Sonya Smyth the mother, and there is Brent Smyth the son.

Assuming there are currently three individuals in the God family, there is Yahweh God the father, there is Yahshua God the son, and there is the Holy Spirit God who is yet to be named.

Apple7

Analogy:

There is the Smyth family. The family currently consists of three individuals. There is Robert Smyth the father, there is Sonya Smyth the mother, and there is Brent Smyth the son.

Assuming there are currently three individuals in the God family, there is Yahweh God the father, there is Yahshua God the son, and there is the Holy Spirit God who is yet to be named.

What is that an analogy of...?

God's Truth

Cult-followers, like you and TrevorL, can't be bothered with the languages in which God revealed Himself to His prophets.

You are not serious enough to put forth the effort into truly knowing God.

So sad for the two of you...

No such thing from God saying we know Him better by learning another language.

God's Truth

God the Father is Spirit.
Not in scripture.

God the Father is invisible. That is what is said about spirits.

Jesus is God the Father come as a Son of Man.

Not in scripture.

The Word was God and became flesh.
The Holy Spirit is God the Father and the Son's Spirit.

Not in scripture.
The scriptures say there is only one Spirit and the Spirit of the Father and the Son are given to the saved which proves they are one and the same.

Not in scripture.

Not in scripture.[/QUOTE]

God's Truth

Scores of times in scripture, the dialogue of God alternates from First-Person to Third-Person...thus, the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at is that Yahweh is more than one Person.

No, it is not what the Bible says. You are making it up. Nowhere anywhere in the Old Testament does it say God is changing persons as He speaks.

God's Truth

Like this...?

By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king, for he endured as seeing him who is invisible. Heb 11.27

So you think mocking that scripture is acceptable?

God the Father allowed Himself to to be seen.

Have you ever heard of a ghost being seen?

Apple7

No, it is not what the Bible says. You are making it up. Nowhere anywhere in the Old Testament does it say God is changing persons as He speaks.

You mean like this...?

Isaiah 51.15 - 16

But I am Yahweh your God (First-Person), stirring up the sea and making its waves roar; Yahweh of Hosts is His name (Third-Person). And I have put My Words (First-Person) in your mouth, and covered you in the shade of My hand, to plant the heavens and found the earth, and to say to Zion, You are My people.

And this....?

Isaiah 42.8 - 15

I am Yahweh; that is My name(First-Person); and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and I declare new things before they happen, I cause you to hear. Sing a new song to Yahweh; His praise (Third-Person) from the end of the earth, you who go to sea, and all that is in it; the coasts and their people. Let the wilderness and its cities lift up, the villages where Kedar lives. Let those dwelling in the rock sing; let them shout from the top of the mountains. They give glory to Yahweh and declare His praise in the coastlands. Yahweh shall go out as a warrior; and He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war; He shall shout, yea, roar; He shall act mightily on His enemies. I have (First-Person) forever kept silence; I have been quiet and refrained Myself; I will groan like a woman in travail; I will pant and gasp at once I will make mountains and hills become a waste, and dry up all their plants. And I will make the rivers coastlands, and I will dry up pools.

God's Truth

You mean like this...?

Isaiah 51.15 - 16

But I am Yahweh your God (First-Person), stirring up the sea and making its waves roar; Yahweh of Hosts is His name (Third-Person). And I have put My Words (First-Person) in your mouth, and covered you in the shade of My hand, to plant the heavens and found the earth, and to say to Zion, You are My people.

And this....?

Isaiah 42.8 - 15

I am Yahweh; that is My name(First-Person); and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and I declare new things before they happen, I cause you to hear. Sing a new song to Yahweh; His praise (Third-Person) from the end of the earth, you who go to sea, and all that is in it; the coasts and their people. Let the wilderness and its cities lift up, the villages where Kedar lives. Let those dwelling in the rock sing; let them shout from the top of the mountains. They give glory to Yahweh and declare His praise in the coastlands. Yahweh shall go out as a warrior; and He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war; He shall shout, yea, roar; He shall act mightily on His enemies. I have (First-Person) forever kept silence; I have been quiet and refrained Myself; I will groan like a woman in travail; I will pant and gasp at once I will make mountains and hills become a waste, and dry up all their plants. And I will make the rivers coastlands, and I will dry up pools.

Same one and only God.

Unbelievable how you twist what God says. You try to add all kinds of things to God's Word that is not happening, just like you did with the scripture that plainly says God is invisible.

In 46:9 God says, "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me.