Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

Jesus was anointed with the logos (power).

No...pops...

Look at how you just changed your story.

Previously you demanded that Jesus was GIVEN His power.

Then, after I made you cognizant that the word GIVEN is NOT in the text, you had to all together cancel your polemic (no doubt years in the making), and start from scratch.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh JR, your so blind. The Lamb of God had to be a sinless MAN. How many men or women are sinless in scripture. God can not die. God could not send himself for he can not be the sacrifice for mankind.

The logos was IN Jesus. The logos is a created FORM of God, not God but "a" god. Firstborn of all creation/creatures. God created all through his spirit son the logos.

Your in your own prison JR, you can not see outside the church walls to find the light.

Red herring.

It doesn't matter if a man is sinless or not. Psalm 49:7-9,15 CLEARLY STATES that a man CANNOT ransom his own life for another man's life. If Jesus was just a man, then it doesn't matter if he was perfect or sinless. It would not be possible for Him to ransom His life for another. If he were only a sinless man, then He still wouldn't be able to ransom his life for another, but He would be able to enter into heaven because He was sinless. The ONLY WAY for someone to ransom their life for someone else's is if that Someone is God Himself, because ONLY GOD is more valuable than all humans combined, past, present, and future, and is worth infinitely more than the price of sin.

By your definition, God could not die. But your definition of death is wrong. Death is separation.

Physical death is separation of body and spirit.
Spiritual death is separation from God.

Jesus is God the Son. He died physically on the Cross. He suffered spiritual death (Matthew 27:46 and His three days in the grave.) by being separated from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

God Himself suffered spiritual death so that we would not have to. What greater sacrifice could be made!? I assure you none, and to say that the sacrifice was made by ANYONE other than GOD HIMSELF is robbing God of the honor He alone deserves.

keypurr

No...pops...

Look at how you just changed your story.

Previously you demanded that Jesus was GIVEN His power.

Then, after I made you cognizant that the word GIVEN is NOT in the text, you had to all together cancel your polemic (no doubt years in the making), and start from scratch.

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

The only person who got the logos was Jesus. The logos is called O God in Heb 1. He has the fullness of his Father in Col 1. The content must be viewed with other verses. like this on: Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. This is the true Son, the Son that was SENT, not the flesh Son that was born.

Apple7

The logos, spirit son, was given the fullness of his creator Father. He is a godlike spirit.

Again...no, pops...

Even extra strength polident won't fix your bite on theology.

You keep relapsing to the word GIVEN....where does that term reside in your example of Acts 10.38?

Or...have you already abandoned that one-hit-wonder?

In the Greek?

No.

In the Aramaic?

No.

Only in YOUR mind.

Further, YOUR example of Acts 10.38 plainly states that Jesus was anointed with God The Holy Spirit.

Study up...

keypurr

Red herring.

It doesn't matter if a man is sinless or not. Psalm 49:7-9,15 CLEARLY STATES that a man CANNOT ransom his own life for another man's life. If Jesus was just a man, then it doesn't matter if he was perfect or sinless. It would not be possible for Him to ransom His life for another. If he were only a sinless man, then He still wouldn't be able to ransom his life for another, but He would be able to enter into heaven because He was sinless. The ONLY WAY for someone to ransom their life for someone else's is if that Someone is God Himself, because ONLY GOD is more valuable than all humans combined, past, present, and future, and is worth infinitely more than the price of sin.

By your definition, God could not die. But your definition of death is wrong. Death is separation.

Physical death is separation of body and spirit.
Spiritual death is separation from God.

Jesus is God the Son. He died physically on the Cross. He suffered spiritual death (Matthew 27:46 and His three days in the grave.) by being separated from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

God Himself suffered spiritual death so that we would not have to. What greater sacrifice could be made!? I assure you none, and to say that the sacrifice was made by ANYONE other than GOD HIMSELF is robbing God of the honor He alone deserves.

Suggest you brush up on the OT Hebrew culture about the stainless Lamb that is brought to the alter to make atonement for the sins of the people. Jesus was the Lamb of God, the atonement for sins. Stainless, sinless and pure. Only a MAN could be the Lamb JR.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Apple7

Take it up with the translators friend.

John 4:24
(Bishops) God is a spirite, and they that worshippe hym, must worshippe hym in spirite, and in the trueth.
(ESV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
(ESV+) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
(Geneva) God is a Spirite, and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and trueth.
(GNB) God is Spirit, and only by the power of his Spirit can people worship him as he really is."
(ISV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(Murdock) For God is a Spirit; and they that worship him, should worship in spirit and in truth.
(NAS77) "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NASB) "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NASB+) "GodG2316 is N1spiritG4151, and thoseG3588 who worshipG4352 Him mustG1163 worshipG4352 R1in spiritG4151 and truthG225."
(NIrV) "God is spirit. His worshipers must worship him in spirit and in truth."
(NIV) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
(NKJV) God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NRSV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NRSVA) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(YLT) God is a Spirit, and those worshipping Him, in spirit and truth it doth behove to worship.'

I believe that God is A Spirit for he is a person. And I also think his express image Son is also a spirit. I believe that son (logos) dwelled in Jesus who was the body prepared for him/it. This is how the logos became flesh.

90% of YOUR own published examples lack the indefinite article too!

Thanks for proving my point, yet again, pops!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Suggest you brush up on the OT Hebrew culture about the stainless Lamb that is brought to the alter to make atonement for the sins of the people. Jesus was the Lamb of God, the atonement for sins. Stainless, sinless and pure. Only a MAN could be the Lamb JR.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
So you are openly saying that Psalm 49:7-9,15 is wrong?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Here it is again for you, just so you can't say that you missed it:

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

keypurr

No scriptural verb ever describes Jesus as being 'created'.

We have already been over this with you, pops...

Heb 1:3 EXPRESS IMAGE

Name any Image that is not created.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Again, the IMAGE of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of every CREATURE.

Jesus was born, he is a creature, not a God. There is no God the Son.

popsthebuilder

Did you notice how it said GOD the Spirit and not GOD the three persons of the trinity doctrine.

So if we are to worship in spirit and in truth then where does that leave the worshipers of the doctrine of the trinity?
John 4.24 is a great passage for those that ascribe to 'Father Only Worship', as it boldly declares that God The Holy Spirit is to be worshiped as true worship.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

keypurr

Here it is again for you, just so you can't say that you missed it:

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

I did not miss it JR.

Why not use your own words instead of using biblegateway which is just someone elses opinion.

popsthebuilder

Take it up with the translators friend.

John 4:24
(Bishops) God is a spirite, and they that worshippe hym, must worshippe hym in spirite, and in the trueth.
(ESV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
(ESV+) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
(Geneva) God is a Spirite, and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and trueth.
(GNB) God is Spirit, and only by the power of his Spirit can people worship him as he really is."
(ISV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(Murdock) For God is a Spirit; and they that worship him, should worship in spirit and in truth.
(NAS77) "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NASB) "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NASB+) "GodG2316 is N1spiritG4151, and thoseG3588 who worshipG4352 Him mustG1163 worshipG4352 R1in spiritG4151 and truthG225."
(NIrV) "God is spirit. His worshipers must worship him in spirit and in truth."
(NIV) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
(NKJV) God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NRSV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NRSVA) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
(YLT) God is a Spirit, and those worshipping Him, in spirit and truth it doth behove to worship.'

I believe that God is A Spirit for he is a person. And I also think his express image Son is also a spirit. I believe that son (logos) dwelled in Jesus who was the body prepared for him/it. This is how the logos became flesh.
I hope you have been well friend. It is good to run into you more often lately.

You said something along the lines of GOD is spirit because HE or IT is a person.

Could you please explain this, as it seems very different from what I would have expected you to say.

Thanks.

Apple7

Did you notice how it said GOD the Spirit and not GOD the three persons of the trinity doctrine.

So if we are to worship in spirit and in truth then where does that leave the worshipers of the doctrine of the trinity?

There's this thing called context...

αλλα ερχεται ωρα και νυν εστιν οτε οι αληθινοι προσκυνηται προσκυνησουσιν τω πατρι εν πνευματι και αληθεια και γαρ ο πατηρ τοιουτους ζητει τους προσκυνουντας αυτον πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is Spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in Spirit and Truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit