Christianity = Faith by Coercion. Spiritual terrorism.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only book that matters, is the one written on the tablet of your heart.
How much of scripture has the spirit you have been listening to convinced you is wrong and not reliable?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph....What "book" did they have?
Better yet, why even know anything at all about those folks (or anyone at all) if none of what they did or said was of any importance?
Just let everybody live and let live however they choose to.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
THE LIVING ETERNAL WORD
Wanna know a good place to learn some neat stuff about that living eternal WORD?
The bible.
And yet here you are telling folks to avoid it.

WeberHome

-
You said, "Another example is the human remains that will be bobbing around in the lake of brimstone."

A massive resurrection event is predicted at Rev 20:11-15 in which people will be coming back with a second body; the one I spoke of in post #8.

The chemistry of those second bodies isn't clear; as to whether they are organic or inorganic I don't know. What I do know is that those second bodies won't be impervious to death because people whose lives fail to recommend them for heaven will be summarily terminated by a means of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

This is nonsense. It's mythology, not scripture.

Mark Twain once remarked that he didn't believe in an afterlife, but nevertheless expected one.

I've been asked on occasion why I believe in a hell when there exists no scientific evidence to prove beyond a shadow of sensible doubt that there is a hell. Well; my rational mind tells me there is no hell; but my instincts will not let me shake off the personal conviction that there really is an afterlife place where people exist in conscious suffering.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A massive resurrection event is predicted at Rev 20:11-15 in which people will be coming back with a second body; the one I spoke of in post #8.

The chemistry of those second bodies isn't clear; as to whether they are organic or inorganic I don't know. What I do know is that those second bodies won't be impervious to death because people whose lives fail to recommend them for heaven will be summarily terminated by a means of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

To be subject to a second death requires a mortal human body.

The Bible will be opened to their understanding and eternal life will be open to them.

Those who die again will do so before the earth is destroyed by fervent heat.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat, both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." (2 Peter 3:10)

Then God will provide a new heaven and earth.

oatmeal

Why do Christians insist that their God "wins", being victorious over the devil, in the end of time, when the vast majority of humanity will be cast into hell and tortured forever? The God who they claim is "love", and "just", will keep the vast majority of human beings, conscious, alive, in a state of eternal, utter torment, because they didn't convert to Christianity. How is that possible, while maintaining that God, is victorious and good?

Don't Christians realize, that most of humanity, isn't Christian? A person born in Saudi Arabia, is conditioned from childhood, to believe in Islam. The environment that person is raised in, is Islam. A person born in an Islamic country, in a family of Muslims, where everyone around them is Muslim, is hard-wired, mentally, emotionally, spiritually for Islam, not Christianity. Muslims in Saudi Arabia, don't have access to Christianity, Christians, to Christian ideas,talk,images,Music,holidays..etc, as we do here in the US, if at all. A person born and raised in the United States is saturated by Christianity. Christianity, is practically everywhere.

Here in the city where I live, in the US, there are several church congregations, within every square mile. I have a Baptist and "Church Of Christ" congregation, right across the street from my apartment building. Two churches within a block. There's Christianity on TV, Christianity on the radio, Christianity EVERYWHERE. I have plenty of access to Christianity and I've been somewhat conditioned, influenced by it, due to being born and raised here in the United States.

However, that person born in Saudi Arabia, spiritually, religiously, psychologically, emotionally, is a Muslim. He didn't have the privilege, the luxury, the good fortune, of being born in a Christian culture, where he would be conditioned or at least, better prepared, more receptive to and familiar with, the idea of God, from a Christian perspective. Being a Muslim, born and raised in Saudi Arabia, he doesn't perceive reality, through a Christian lens, he perceives it through an Arab, Muslim lens. In his mind, his soul, "God" is "Allah", and Muhammad is his prophet.

So, you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, because, whether you recognize it or not, it was easier for you to do so, as an American, a person born and raised in the western world. Whether you realize it or not, you've been "hard-wired", from childhood (Santa Clause-St Nick / Christmas / Baby Jesus in the manger / Christmas Cartoons, Easter egg hunt at church, Grandma sitting in front of the television getting her daily dose of the 700 Club, going to church with her when you were a child..etc. Even if your parents were Atheists, you were still "exposed" to Christianity to a much greater extent, higher degree, than that person born and raised in Saudi Arabia or in any other non-Christian culture.)

Doesn't your Christian God, realize this? He's going to cast and abandon all of the Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, non-religious people, into hell...( Many of these people, didn't have Christian parents, Christian people in general in their lives, there was no Baptist congregation across the street, no 700 Club, baby Jesus in the manger or Rudolf the red nose reindeer..). Let them all suffer, forever in the fires of hell, because they didn't convert to "Christianity"? How can anyone in their right mind, believe such nonsense?

Even if the gospel was preached, to these non-Christian people, they're more likely to reject than someone born in America, that has been familiarized, is somewhat familiar with, Jesus and Christianity. For these Muslims, Jesus isn't God incarnate, there is no need for God to become a man and die for anyone's sins. This is what they are conditioned, from childhood, to believe. For them, believing in Jesus is, "idolatry". A capital crime, worthy of death, similar to treason. Spiritual treason.

Doesn't your God, factor that in, before he abandons and consigns most of humanity to be tortured in hell, forever? Religious sectarianism, regardless of what religion it might be, is absurd. It strikes the conscience, as obscene. It's a very warped, skewed, infantile vision of the omnipotent, omniscience, omnipresent creator. It's an affront to His character. He's not glorified, by allowing the vast majority of human beings to perish in hell. If that is true, then he doesn't win. The devil wins, because he ends up devouring almost all of humanity.

Your "Christian" version of "God", is a gross sectarian religious caricature of the one true God. I don't see how Christians, in good conscience, can subscribe to these beliefs. It seems to me, that this belief is one forced upon you, by intimidation and fear. Your relationship with God, is based on the idea that he's going to torture you in hell, for all eternity, if you don't toe the religious line, and "believe", confess, certain theological concepts. You must recognize certain supposed historical events, that occurred, thousands of years ago (as if God would care..). Your idea of "loving God" and having a "relationship" with him, is like a woman with a knife to her throat, being threatened by a man, to "love" and have a "relationship" with him, "or else". Really? What type of "relationship" is that?

Pursue the truth, above all else, regardless of where it takes you. It's scary at first, but once you come to terms with it, with your conscience, you'll actually experience peace and happiness.

Churchianity, with all of its religious demands. Its Religious tyranny / terrorism, isn't going to "save" you. It's a rabbit trail, to no where.

All of you, who have turned, paper and ink, the so called "bible", into your God. Those who kill faith, by chasing after "absolute certainty", a "sack full of answers", that doesn't exist. Fear of faith, with all of its uncertainties, questions, demands. Faith leads to knowing, not to knowledge. You can have knowledge and perish. I can have knowledge about you, it doesn't imply I know you. Perhaps you 2 year old son, doesn't know much about you, but he knows his daddy and his daddy knows him. Sorry folks, we don't have a sack full of answers you can hang over your shoulder. Reality doesn't work that way.

It's those who don't know God or themselves, who place way to much emphasis on a book. The only book that matters, is the one written on the tablet of your heart. Your conscience. God is there, in side of all of creation.

Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph....What "book" did they have? Were they walking around with their KJVs? They had reality, the truth, a real relationship and experience with God. An undeniable encounter, with THE LIVING GOD. Having a genuine relationship with God, is not a book. Rabbinic Judaism, Islam, these are "book religions". The true followers of Jesus, his disciples, were guided by THE WORD, not the word.

THE LIVING ETERNAL WORD

Jesus transcends the papyrus. Put down the book for a moment, and hear His voice. Listen.

That is all very interesting, but can you support anything you said with scripture?

Maybe you can, maybe you can't, but you claim to know what Christianity is, but you have not supplied one verse to substantiate your conclusions.

Do yo at least know what "hard wired" means?

No one is hard wired to be anything but human, all human have some basic instincts but not one of those direct anyone away from or to any particular religion or denomination.

People are not even programmed to believe anything, every human chooses what they will believe. Believe and receive, if you do not like what you are receiving change your believing. Mark 9:23 the father of the boy possessed with the devil spirit had to change his believing and he was raised in a Judean culture, they were children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Their heritage included other such incredible believers as Moses, Daniel, David, Samson, Esther,Ruth (Ruth was Moabite, she choose to follow Naomi and the God that Naomi believed) Rahab was not hardwired to be a believer, she heard and believed.

You have a remarkably well honed and polished ability to whine. Were you hard wired to be a whiner or do you practice at home?

Or would you rather learn to appreciate that you do not exist on your own initiative or your own works, but that everything that you are and ever hope to be as a believer originated and/or was created or made or formed by God?

That maybe 80% of the world chooses to reject God who created the heaven and earth is not God's problem.

Scripture, the word of God, (God is not only the creator, but the originator and author of scripture, God's message to mankind and Jesus Christ who is God's word in the flesh and scripture which is God's word in writing.) teaches us all we need to know about living a godly life.

Scripture is available world wide in evidently hundreds if not thousands of languages. No one has an excuse to reject the reality of God and His supremacy as the God.

Romans 1:18-23 ...

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest to them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

It is not the wrath of God that leads a man to repentance but the goodness of God.

Romans 2:4-16

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If you wish to remain ignorant of God's word as written in scripture that is your choice, you are not "hard wired" to accept it or reject it.

Until you actually spend some time in scripture, you are clearly woefully and profoundly ignorant of God's word

Is that how you want to live or do you want to learn something from God's word, the scripture, that which a perfect God had perfectly authored and had spoken written down by holy men of God?

chair

People are not even programmed to believe anything, every human chooses what they will believe.

No. People will tend to believe whatever they are raised to believe.

That maybe 80% of the world chooses to reject God who created the heaven and earth is not God's problem.

No. Most people don't "reject" your god idea. They don't even consider it.

Scripture, the word of God, (God is not only the creator, but the originator and author of scripture, God's message to mankind and Jesus Christ who is God's word in the flesh and scripture which is God's word in writing.) teaches us all we need to know about living a godly life.
You believe this, but most people don't.

WeberHome

-
It's commonly believed that heaven is sort of like the peak of a high mountain. All around the periphery of the mountain are numerous roads all leading to the top. In other words: no matter which road you take; the destination is the same.

But according to traditional Christianity; there aren't many roads to the top: there's only one; all the rest are dead ends, circles, loops, and cul-de-sacs. If the standard model is right; then an awful lot of people are facing a very unpleasant future. For example, according to my sources, there are approximately:

50 thousand Scientologists
15 million Mormons
8.2 million Jehovah's Witnesses
7.8 million Baha'i
515.9 million Buddhists
451.3 million Chinese Folk Religionists
8.4 million Confucianists
258.5 million Ethnic Religionists
974.6 million Hindus
5.6 million Jains
1.7 billion Muslims
14.1 million Jews
64.2 million New Religionists
2.8 million Shintoists
24.9 million Sikhs
14.2 million Spiritists
8.7 million Taoists
640 million Non Religious
138.8 million Atheists

The grand total of just those categories is 4,852,950,000

If those figures are in the ball park, and if traditional Christianity is the truth; then at the least 66% of the earth's current population of 7.407 billion people are on a road to hell; and no doubt some of those are people we know: our friends, our relatives, and our associates.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are Christians, yes, but not in the traditional sense.

Joseph Smith's movement is a cult; in other words: there's some Christianity in Mormonism, but Christianity comprises only a portion of Mormonism. The rest of it is extreme, to say the least.

Neither do Jehovah's Witnesses qualify as Christians in the traditional sense. Charles Taze Russell's movement is a cult. There's some Christianity in the Watchtower Society's doctrines, but Christianity comprises only a portion of Russell's doctrines; and his slant on it is very peculiar.

/

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Tortured forever? Not possible, they don't have eternal life.

Eternal life is a gift.

No punishment in hell for eternity? Then absence of life would be the eternal punishment. I have heard this before, but not from anyone on TOL. Tell me how you have reached this conclusion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I plan on replying to this tomorrow. Until then, cheers!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No punishment in hell for eternity? Then absence of life would be the eternal punishment. I have heard this before, but not from anyone on TOL. Tell me how you have reached this conclusion.

In eternal death the person ceases to exist.

How can a non-existent being be punished?

Will hell fire punish someone who no longer exists?