ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
geoff said:
He would use truth to FREE them.. not to divide them.
Christ said...

Luke 12:51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

John 7:43 So there was a division among the people because of Him.

Mr. 5020

geoff said:
Ahh.. well... so you did. However, I think you meant "acceptable to you".
Nope.
geoff said:
He does. However, as I said, none of the options were any more accurate so I just picked one that took my fancy.
It covers all levels of political affiliation. There is at least one that describes your beliefs.
geoff said:
Should we be at peace with the Lost? Good question.
No.
geoff said:
How many do you think we'd convert if we are at war with them? Does it work for the Muslims?
Muslims are spreading a lie. Surely you count your God more powerful than theirs.
geoff said:
So, yes. We should be approachable by all people, of all faiths, denominations, belief systems, etc etc. So.. peace.
What did Jesus mean when He said...
Matthew 10:34-35
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

geoff

Knight said:
Christ said...

Luke 12:51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

John 7:43 So there was a division among the people because of Him.

And the division was what kind of division knight?

It was a division between those who believed, and those who didnt.

Its not so complicated.

Mr. 5020

geoff said:

Its not so complicated.
Exactly! So why can't we cause division with the lost at ChristianForums.com??

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Here's my take:
Knight said:
Yet the truth divides!....So ChristianForums.com banned Christ.
Division is one problem the church has today. If people would unite on the more important things instead of bickering and dividing themselves over things that aren't essential I think the body of Christ would be much more powerful. They shoot themselves in the foot when they argue amongst themselves so much. Personally I tihnk they lose credibility in the non-Christian world. Christ did come to divide, but I don't think He meant it in the way you're using it. Christ didn't want to divide people that both have faith in Him. He came to divide people based on accepting him or rejecting him. Also in His time there would have been divisions in Israel because many did not accept him, there was division in Israel.

Next rule:
You may discuss another individual's beliefs or religious organization but you will not harass, insult, belittle, threaten, defame or flame the individual (member or non-member) as this is considered personal (ad hominem) attacks in posts, PMs and any other communication within the site.​
Knight said:
Christ exclaimed...

Matthew 23:33 “Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

So ChristianForums.com swiftly banned Christ.
It really bothers me when I see people use this verse to justify name calling and deriding people. I have no problem with that rule at all, but that isn't to say I think a forum must have it. Yes, Jesus used some strong words but I think you need to look at who Jesus was talking to, he was speaking against the hypocritical Pharisees. This "nicer than God" stuff can be taken too far.

Next rule:
You will not directly call another member or his or her religious organization a “cult”, “heretic”, “demonic” or “satanic” but you may discuss doctrines, teachings, practices or writings of other religious organizations as long as empirical evidence is provided..​
Christ warned...

John 8:44 “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

And Christ turned to Peter and said...

“Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

So ChristianForums.com quickly banned Christ.
Now this is actually a rule that I disagree with, at least parts. I think we should be able to call something heresy if it is. I have less of a problem with "cult", "satanic", and "demonic" but I'm not sure I'd restrict it completely, but they should be used VERY sparingly. My guess is most of what people would call satanic or demonic on this site I wouldn't agree with. Christ turned to Peter and said that when Peter was speaking against Christ's crucificxion and said it should not happen.

Next rule:
You will not directly state or otherwise imply that another member is not a Christian if he or she falls under Rule 6.5 and 6.6 and he or she does not have a hidden faith icon without providing substantiation from scripture or doctrine or historic church writtings.​
Knight said:
Christ made Himself clear...

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
I didn't quote that other passage because I have no idea how it applies to saying someone isn't a Christian.
As I said in the "Essentials" thread there are only a few things that I believe are necessary for someone to be a Christian. Unless someone was denying one of those things I would highly question someone's Christianity. It is our place to hold our brothers and sisters accountable, certainly, and even give some rebukes, but to call someone's actual faith into question is serious. Only God truly knows the heart and Christianity is essentially a heart issue.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
geoff said:

Its not so complicated.
Anyone who is doing something wicked should be rebuked no matter if they are belivers or not.

Was Jesus gentle with Peter or did He sharply rebuke Peter at times?

Matthew 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

For that alone Jesus would have been banned from ChristianForums.com.

Freak

Knight said:
What do you get when you befriend the Muslims???? 911 :(
Yep, that's it. I wonder if ChristianForums have a problem considering Mohammed a pedophile (which he was of course!).

ChristianForums members is it allowable to call a dead demonized false religious leader a pedophile?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Here's my take:

Division is one problem the church has today.
At the expense of truth?

Let me give you an example.

Some churches preach that all one needs to do to be saved is accept Christ's work on the cross.

Other churches say that you must do good works to be saved.

Should these churches and their messages be united?

Prakk

BANNED
Banned
Dibs !

Dibs !

servant4ever said:
"Is this the Christian thing to do?"
And of course, if you're the first to ask the question, you claim the absolute right to define what the "Christian Thing To Do" actually is.....

Right...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
servant4ever said:
Is this the Christian thing to do?
Yes.

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. - Leviticus 19:17

We are publicly rebuking our neighbor internet forum.

We ask them to repent in the name of Jesus. We ask that they change their rules and become a more Christ-like forum. Or we ask that they change their name to something other than ChristianForums.com.

Prakk

BANNED
Banned
Amen !

Amen !

Knight said:
"Yes.

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. - Leviticus 19:17

We are publicly rebuking our neighbor internet forum."
Amen, Ja, Da, Ditto, YES.

Hugh

Prakk

BANNED
Banned
I have

I have

I did tell them. I asked to be removed from their roles, they wouldn't, I asked more pointedly in public, they banned me.

Hugh McBryde

geoff

Knight said:
Yes.

We are publicly rebuking our neighbor internet forum.

We ask them to repent in the name of Jesus. We ask that they change their rules and become a more Christ-like forum. Or we ask that they change their name to something other than ChristianForums.com.

1 Cor 5:12 For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge? 13 God will judge those outside. "Drive out the wicked person from among you."

You are misquoting Scripture AGAIN.

If you're going to proof text, AT LEAST use the right ones, ok?

Knight said:
Anyone who is doing something wicked should be rebuked no matter if they are belivers or not.

Was Jesus gentle with Peter or did He sharply rebuke Peter at times?

Matthew 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

For that alone Jesus would have been banned from ChristianForums.com.

Jesus wouldnt have used those forums as a means to make that point. If he had, he would have used language and so forth that was acceptable (although perhaps shocking) to the people on the forum.

You really should stop proof texting.. its so yesterday.

Prakk

BANNED
Banned
Rebuking Unbelievers?

Rebuking Unbelievers?

Rebuking Unbelievers is so "Casting Pearls Before Swine". Why bother? Are we surprised to see the natural effects of sin in an unregenirate sinner? Indeed, what have we to do with those outside the Church? But we have EVERY BUSINESS with those inside the fellowship of Believers.

Hugh McBryde

Status
Not open for further replies.