Christian Homeschoolers Sell Daughter in Arranged Marriage

Jose Fly

Personally, I cannot understand anyone marrying for anything OTHER than love. Even a love that is more about a deep friendship and companionship.

Settling for less has disaster written all over it, IMO.
I agree, but that's probably because that's all we've known (at least that's all I've ever known). But I suspect had we grown up in a time and place were arranged marriages were all we knew, we might think differently.

Lon

It's hilarious how when it comes to me, Lon is all "Hey Jose, look at the bad things other people are saying about you in this thread". But when other people are saying bad things about Lon in this thread, he waves it away as Christian haters and pagan egocentrism.

And he's apparently completely clueless to his own hypocrisy....hardly suprising.
No WONDER you are an atheist! You draw wrong conclusions from unrelated data! :up:
Hint: There was nothing in trying to wear kid gloves with a kid that is wrong. Try as he, and others wanted, they took a 'good' thing and made fun of it. :dizzy: The high school kid, while a bully, is a kid. You and Granite, of sufficient age to know better, matched the wits and maturity of an 18 year old. :think: Your 'just here for fun' is uglier and uglier the older one gets, where narcissism just becomes bitter ugly mean old man. That's really how it plays on TOL. That, is the difference. No charge :up:

:nono: I posted a scad of your posts that had nothing much to do with this thread. I was spot on the OP until reading your off comments.
I agree, but that's probably because that's all we've known (at least that's all I've ever known). But I suspect had we grown up in a time and place were arranged marriages were all we knew, we might think differently.
And even that isn't the direct point of the thread. It isn't angry vitriol against Christians, at least....It is a LOT late, however.

Buzz didn't make the right connection that arranged marriages are okay, forced marriages are against the law, nor that homeschooling is okay, abusing one's children is not.

Hopefully that's done with.
Aim for the high ground instead of the ignoble and petty, and it will be.

If you yet again write abusive language against Christians, we'll be here again, which is exactly what I've told you about these in the past.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
:plain: Thanks for the canard.

careful - they can be tricky to handle

IMG_5202.JPG

kiwimacahau

Fortunately here in NZ homeschooled kids must get as good an education as they would in the Public sector which means that parents must submit a teaching plan to a Govt department and they can be audited at any time.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I used to homeschool my kids, then my 12 yr old daughter started using the f word, calling me a faggot...joking of course but none the less. Street school