Christ wasnt to be believed on by all without exception !

beloved57

Rom 9:33

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

For many, God made Christ to be a stumblingstone, and rock of offence, He was never to be believed on by them, no matter what.

Vs 32 tells us:

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

That stumbling in unbelief wasnt by chance, but God ordained it, purposed it. Thats why vs 33 says specifically "Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence:" The I here is God ! He intentionally lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence. Sion here is the nation israel, the professing church and people of God.

He was set up by God to be a trap, or rock of offence, a snare. This was predicted /written beforehand centuries prior Ps 69:21-28

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.
23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.
24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.
25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Their Gospel disobedience to Christ was preordained by God 1 Pet 2:8

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

oatmeal

No, this is not false, open your eyes to scripture

I Timothy 2:4

God desires that all men be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I Corinthians 1:23

To the Judeans he is a stumblingblock and to the Gentiles foolishness.

To those that overcome their objections he is lord and savior and redeemer.

God forknew who would choose to believe, those are the ones he called, yet he still desires that all men be saved.

Nanja

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

For many, God made Christ to be a stumblingstone, and rock of offence, He was never to be believed on by them, no matter what.

Vs 32 tells us:

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

That stumbling in unbelief wasnt by chance, but God ordained it, purposed it. Thats why vs 33 says specifically "Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence:" The I here is God ! He intentionally lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence. Sion here is the nation israel, the professing church and people of God.

He was set up by God to be a trap, or rock of offence, a snare. This was predicted /written beforehand centuries prior Ps 69:21-28

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Yes, God had appointed a fixed number of mankind to Gospel disobedience for His sole Purpose of destroying them.

The Gospel of God's Election of Grace shall remain a stumblingblock, hidden from them 2 Cor. 4:3-4; permanently preventing them from believing on Christ in a way that pleases God, because they will always remain a natural man, in a carnal state 1 Cor. 2:14; Rom. 8:8.

God predestinated them to this end.

John 3:18, 36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Robert Pate

Banned

Vs 32 tells us:

You are one of the stumblers.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, God had appointed a fixed number of mankind to Gospel disobedience for His sole Purpose of destroying them.

Do you really believe that God desires the destruction of men. Are these the elect who do not believe in Christ?

Epoisses

Vs 32 tells us:

Jesus taught that many fail to bring forth fruit because of affliction, persecution, riches, worry, doubt and the cares of this life. You for instance have been snared by Calvinist philosophy so you have been choked out by thorns and become unfruitful.

musterion

Those who were to stumble at the Stone were those who'd already rejected God's Word.

The OP is fatally flawed.

Nanja

Those who were to stumble at the Stone were those who'd already rejected God's Word.

The OP is fatally flawed.

Stumbling at the Word of God has nothing to do with what a person accepts or rejects: But what God has preordained them to do.

Rom. 9:22-23

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

beloved57

nanja

Stumbling at the Word of God has nothing to do with what a person accepts or rejects: But what God has preordained them to do.

Absolutely my Sister ! The adversary just ignores that God laid in zion a stumbling stone, a rock of offence Rom 9:33

The word lay is the greek word τίθημι and means:

I put, place, lay, set, fix, establish.

The word also means purposed. God purposed Christ to be a stumbling stone and rock of offence. Luke also mentions it Lk 2:34

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child isset for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

That word set is the greek word keimai and means:

I lie, recline, am placed, am laid, set, specially appointed, destined.

They were destined by God through Christ to fall. That word fall also means:

that many may fall and bring upon themselves ruin, i. e. the loss of salvation, utter misery,

See it was never Gods purpose that these believe on Christ !