Christ the risen Saviour, not potential Saviour !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those He died for and makes intercession for.

False. That's not what the verse says.

It says:

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. - Hebrews 7:25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews7:25&version=NKJV

He is able to save those who come to God through Him, to the uttermost, because He makes intercession for them.

He is NOT able to save those who DO NOT come to God through Him, DESPITE Him making intercession for them.

beloved57

False. That's not what the verse says.

It says:

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. - Hebrews 7:25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews7:25&version=NKJV

He is able to save those who come to God through Him, to the uttermost, because He makes intercession for them.

He is NOT able to save those who DO NOT come to God through Him, DESPITE Him making intercession for them.
No its not false, and they come to God through or because of Him, that is because of what He has done and is doing at the right hand of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No its not false,

What you said was false, according to the very scripture you yourself posted.

and they come to God through or because of Him, that is because of what He has done and is doing at the right hand of God.

Where have I ever said otherwise?

beloved57

Since Christ is the Saviour of His People, not a potential saviour, everything needed to save His People from their sins, He has provided and effected through His Death, this is shown through such passages as :

Jer. 31:33, 34; Heb. 8:10-12; Ezek. 36:25-27
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Faith and Repentance are included in these spiritual blessings, ratified unto all for whom Christ died ensuring their Salvation to the uttermost.

beloved57

For Christ to be the author of ones Salvation Heb 5:9

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

He must have made sure of everything needed to save His people from their sins. Is Faith needed ? Is repentance needed ? All those blessing have been secured by Christ and shall be applied by Christ through His Spirit.

beloved57

He Shall save !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

These three words declare the impossibility of Jesus failing to save. They erase the false concept that He is merely a potential saviour. God sent the angel to make known this is his name. Therefore, God joined his glory to this statement. The glory of God’s immutability is joined to his name: God changes not therefore he shall save. The glory of God’s faithfulness is joined to his name: God is faithful that promised so he shall save. The glory of God’s truthfulness is joined to his name: God cannot lie so he shall save. The glory of God’s grace and righteousness is joined to his name: the Lord must be made known to be just and Justifier so he shall save.

beloved57

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. Hebrews 9:12

Christ by His Own Blood, meaning His Death obtained eternal redemption for us. not a potential or possible salvation. This scripture is just one of many that confutes the ungodly notion that Christs death merely made Christ a potential saviour, but by His death He saved them He died for with a eternal redemption !

beloved57

1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

This scripture reveals an dynamic of the Cross of Christ, why He died for His people, so that they might live through or because of Him. So the preaching of the Cross is the Power of God, His Death is the Power of God and Gods Love manifested. His Death ensures life, spiritual life for everyone He died, the cross is a power itself—the sovereign power of God. Since God, out of His great love, sent Christ to die for His people that through His death we might have life, that death must save and give life to all the objects of God’s love. The cross does not make salvation possible for all so that anyone can have it, if they will only take it. Christ’s death actually saves God’s elect people. “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10). In His death on the cross Christ did not merely make provision for salvation. He actually obtained salvation. Thus we read, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us” (Heb. 9:12). It is the very power that saves. The apostle teaches that when he says, “But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God” (I Cor. 1:23-24). Indeed, “Christ crucified” is the “power of God”-the sovereign effectual power of God that does actually save His people from all sin. God loves His people, Christ has died for them, surely then, they will all be saved.

A large portion of this is quoted from an article by Steve Houck

https://cprc.co.uk/pamphlets2/sovereigntyinsalvation/ section

God’s Love and the Cross