Chidren are a blessing

Jamie Gigliotti

If you happen to have a factual method of differentiating, feel free to share.

Regardless, YOUR choices in the matter of MY reproduction are to either trust my and my wife's judgement and our knowledge of ourselves which greatly exceeds your knowledge of ourselves, or tend your own garden and leave us to tend ours.

That's between you and God? The point of the question was to incite you to ponder if He in fact does want to lead our lives.

I do sincerly believe He communicate His will. We have to want to follow Him, we have to ask, and we have to listen. Its not an exact science, but it takes practice and effort. His will won't contradict His word.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting..." James 1:5-6

Jamie Gigliotti

You have no understanding of John 3:16.
The word "world" in that verse is the Greek word kosmos
which one definition is:
"any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort"

And I have demonstrated right from the scriptures
in post #12 that God does not love all of humanity.
So that "world" in John 3:16 can only be a collection of particulars:
His Chosen Elect Children whom he did Love Eph. 1:4.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Now with regard to 1 Tim. 2:4, the "all men" that God wills to be saved
are the same Particular Elect ones in John 3:16:
All those who were Chosen by God in Christ Eph. 1:4, and Given to Christ by the Father:

John 6:37-39
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me
I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day

Because God is Spirit, His Word is also Spiritual, and can only be correctly discerned
by His Elect Children who have been given His Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22;
comparing scripture with scripture in order to come to Truth.

1 Cor 2:9-13
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man,
save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things
that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

I am sorry that you been filled with the lies that God's love is so much bigger than your arbitrary version.

All you have done is twisted the truth that demeans God.

This is heart of love and grace and mercy. He is love.

"The Lord is not slow at fulfilling His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentence." 2 Peter 3:9

God is love. He loves all those in the kingdom of darkness of whom He came to save. The same kingdom you were either once apart of or still are. He undoubtedly does not love you more than anyone else. That idea is pride inducing which is of the Devil.

Nanja

I am sorry that you been filled with the lies that God's love is so much bigger than your arbitrary version.

All you have done is twisted the truth that demeans God.

This is heart of love and grace and mercy. He is love.

"The Lord is not slow at fulfilling His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentence." 2 Peter 3:9

God is love. He loves all those in the kingdom of darkness of whom He came to save. The same kingdom you were either once apart of or still are. He undoubtedly does not love you more than anyone else. That idea is pride inducing which is of the Devil.

Like so many others, it's God's Will that the Truth of the Gospel is hid from you.

2 Cor. 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now regarding 2 Pet. 3:9 ask yourself, how is it possible that God would want absolutely all mankind
without exception to come to repentance, when scripture also tells us that there are men
whom God has reserved to be punished; unjust
?

Also, God only chasteneth His Sons:.

Heb 12:6-7
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth

Are all His Sons? No, of course not, for some are bastards Heb. 12:8 KJV.

Does God Love all men?

Are these as listed below, part of the World of John 3:16 that God Loved? NO!

Reprobates
Titus 1:16 KJV

The Seed of the Serpent John 8:44; Mat. 23:33

Ungodly men 2 Pet 3:7

Vessels of God's Wrath Rom. 9:22

Men God ordained to be condemned Jude 1:4 KJV

Tares, those the devil planted in the world Mat. 13:38-39 KJV

Cursed goats Mat. 25:41

The unjust will remain unjust still Rev. 22:11.

~~~~~

Jamie Gigliotti

Like so many others, it's God's Will that the Truth of the Gospel is hid from you.

2 Cor. 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now regarding 2 Pet. 3:9 ask yourself, how is it possible that God would want absolutely all mankind
without exception to come to repentance, when scripture also tells us that there are men
whom God has reserved to be punished; unjust
?

Also, God only chasteneth His Sons:.

Heb 12:6-7
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth

Are all His Sons? No, of course not, for some are bastards Heb. 12:8 KJV.

Does God Love all men?

Are these as listed below, part of the World of John 3:16 that God Loved? NO!

Reprobates
Titus 1:16 KJV

The Seed of the Serpent John 8:44; Mat. 23:33

Ungodly men 2 Pet 3:7

Vessels of God's Wrath Rom. 9:22

Men God ordained to be condemned Jude 1:4 KJV

Tares, those the devil planted in the world Mat. 13:38-39 KJV

Cursed goats Mat. 25:41

The unjust will remain unjust still Rev. 22:11.

~~~~~
"And they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to his will." 2 Timothy 2:26

All men share the same desperate state and need Jesus' love and grace. And it is available to all. I'm sorry that you have been deceived.

I know God's love and how big it is. You are diminishing His love and Him.

Bradley D

Roe v Wade wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
Children may be a blessing , but not if you are too poor to provide for them . Being born into poverty, hunger,malnutrition , lack of decent housing and medical care is not a "blessing" for a child. It is a CURSE .

Only one percent women need an abortion to save their lives. As for the others I believe in responsibility for your actions. Everyone has a God given conscience.

Nanja

"And they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to his will." 2 Timothy 2:26

All men share the same desperate state and need Jesus' love and grace. And it is available to all. I'm sorry that you have been deceived.

I know God's love and how big it is. You are diminishing His love and Him.

It's evident that you don't know the True God of the Bible,
nor given spiritual understanding of His Word Eph. 4:18!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing:
and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven,
and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

Jamie Gigliotti

It's evident that you don't know the True God of the Bible,
nor given spiritual understanding of His Word Eph. 4:18!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing:
and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven,
and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~
I know Him this way.
"...the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge..." Ephesians 3:19

His love moves me to proclaim His love and grace to all.

HisServant

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

It's a sad day on the anniversary of the U.S. Government rejecting this truth and the truth that our nation was founded upon.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The Declaration of Independence

They were in the old covenant... no so much in the New Covenant.

All over the New Testament we see Christians being taught to stay single and work for the Lord because the end is near, we see allowing marriage only because people could not control themselves.

We see elders being restricted to one wife so they do not have huge families that take away from working for the Lord.

So you need to temper that verse with is what is said in the New Testament.

Am I saying that children are not a blessing?.. no.. but they are not a blessing to seek after until you have thrown in the towel to your true calling.

Jamie Gigliotti

They were in the old covenant... no so much in the New Covenant.

All over the New Testament we see Christians being taught to stay single and work for the Lord because the end is near, we see allowing marriage only because people could not control themselves.

We see elders being restricted to one wife so they do not have huge families that take away from working for the Lord.

So you need to temper that verse with is what is said in the New Testament.

Am I saying that children are not a blessing?.. no.. but they are not a blessing to seek after until you have thrown in the towel to your true calling.

I think there is a lot to be thankful for in raising up workers for the Harvest, as Jesus said to pray for.

HisServant

I think there is a lot to be thankful for in raising up workers for the Harvest, as Jesus said to pray for.

I always got the impression that Jesus places a higher value on those that we witness to and bring into the flock over those that we naively attempt to raise ourselves.

And from a time investment point of view... children are a poor investment... if you are serious about your faith.

Jamie Gigliotti

I always got the impression that Jesus places a higher value on those that we witness to and bring into the flock over those that we naively attempt to raise ourselves.

And from a time investment point of view... children are a poor investment... if you are serious about your faith.

What i think we can agree on is 1 Corinthians 7. It is good to be solely devoted to God and be single.
But nothing wrong with being married and trusting God with the children He gives and seeing them as potential He sees for them. He is the author of life, created life to share in more and more of community of love through Christ and the Holy Spirit. He doesn't make any mistakes.

HisServant

What i think we can agree on is 1 Corinthians 7. It is good to be solely devoted to God and be single.
But nothing wrong with being married and trusting God with the children He gives and seeing them as potential He sees for them. He is the author of life, created life to share in more and more of community of love through Christ and the Holy Spirit. He doesn't make any mistakes.

You have no idea whether they are part of the elect or not... or how they will turn out.

Most good Christians and Catholics I know have had some pretty horrible kids.

Jamie Gigliotti

You have no idea whether they are part of the elect or not... or how they will turn out.

Most good Christians and Catholics I know have had some pretty horrible kids.

I don't get the logic. What God creates is good, but they may turn out bad so don't take part in what God deems good?

Western Europeans are being populated out of existence. Is that good?

HisServant

I don't get the logic. What God creates is good, but they may turn out bad so don't take part in what God deems good?

Western Europeans are being populated out of existence. Is that good?

That should not concern us.... we were not redeemed to breed.. we were redeemed to show the gospel via our actions and be witnesses to Jesus work.

Maybe if people weren't so wrapped up in their families and working with the immigrants, this would not be an issue.

In my opinion, at least here in America... I find soccer and other youth sports to be just as dangerous and immigration. We no longer have any balance in our lives..

We were talking about this issue at lodge and at a borough council meeting I was at recently. People are so wrapped up in their kids lives that they have no time for anything else.

Jamie Gigliotti

That should not concern us.... we were not redeemed to breed.. we were redeemed to show the gospel via our actions and be witnesses to Jesus work.

Maybe if people weren't so wrapped up in their families and working with the immigrants, this would not be an issue.

In my opinion, at least here in America... I find soccer and other youth sports to be just as dangerous and immigration. We no longer have any balance in our lives..

We were talking about this issue at lodge and at a borough council meeting I was at recently. People are so wrapped up in their kids lives that they have no time for anything else.

Idolizing children is a huge problem. The problem is the parents idolizing, not the children themselves. That is what Jesus is for in there lives, to set them free from that trap.

To say that parents that are working hard to raise the blessings God has given them to know Him, to bring glory to Him is foolishness, really is a slap in the face to parents who are doing that for their own personal devotion and conviction from Jesus.

An attitude that children are a burden is the exact same attitude that has gotten us into 76 million babies slaughtered in the U.S, since Roe.

Jesus values children. How can we say it's not good to do the same?

"And they were bringing children to Him that He might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it He was indignant and said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God." Mark 10:13-14

HisServant

Idolizing children is a huge problem. The problem is the parents idolizing, not the children themselves. That is what Jesus is for in there lives, to set them free from that trap.

To say that parents that are working hard to raise the blessings God has given them to know Him, to bring glory to Him is foolishness, really is a slap in the face to parents who are doing that for their own personal devotion and conviction from Jesus.

An attitude that children are a burden is the exact same attitude that has gotten us into 76 million babies slaughtered in the U.S, since Roe.

Jesus values children. How can we say it's not good to do the same?

"And they were bringing children to Him that He might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it He was indignant and said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God." Mark 10:13-14

Jesus values children no more than he values adults....

He certainly did command that many children be killed by the Israelites in the Old Covenant.

You really need to stop your idolatry.

Jamie Gigliotti

Jesus values children no more than he values adults....

He certainly did command that many children be killed by the Israelites in the Old Covenant.

You really need to stop your idolatry.

We'll let Him judge me. Just like we'll let Him judge your lack of value of children as possibly your self idolatry, which is a big part of the reason why children are not valued.

It is hard to understand why pagans were judged harshly and children were killed. But when you see it in the light of Jesus, and God maneuvered to establish the Jews to usher in His love and grace to all, sense can be made of it. Thank God we are in the times of His grace for all.