Chicken Rock

doodlebug

Have you ever heard the term, "chicken rock"? It types a style of music played on the "top 40" radio stations back in the old days of radio rock-and-roll.
Look it up on Google and post what you find out about chicken rock and rock music you like from the beginning of radio rock-and-roll.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Barry Manilow?
To appeal to this audience's tastes, radio programmers developed a format called Chicken Rock. The term started as a joke to indicate that these stations flirted with the rock sound but avoided rock's harder edge. Chicken Rockers culled the softer sounding hits from the Top 40 playlists.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Have you ever heard the term, "chicken rock"? It types a style of music played on the "top 40" radio stations back in the old days of radio rock-and-roll.
Look it up on Google and post what you find out about chicken rock and rock music you like from the beginning of radio rock-and-roll.

My Google seems to be broken.

IMG_20211117_162910.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I've never heard that term before, but when I realized from Kat's post it was something like adult contemporary, the first thing that came to mind was KYXY 96.5 with Sam Bass. 😂 KYXY's been here for decades, most commonly in my experience as office background music. The office I worked in shortly out of high school, my schedule was an hour earlier than everyone else's so it was pretty quiet that first hour except for the piped-in music, and every. single. morning. Sam Bass played Juice Newton's Angel of the Morning. It got to where I dreaded the opening notes, but on the rare times I've heard it in the many years since, it takes me right back to when I was young and and had the whole world in front of me.

ok doser

I've never heard that term before, but when I realized from Kat's post it was something like adult contemporary, the first thing that came to mind was KYXY 96.5 with Sam Bass. 😂 KYXY's been here for decades, most commonly in my experience as office background music. The office I worked in shortly out of high school, my schedule was an hour earlier than everyone else's so it was pretty quiet that first hour except for the piped-in music, and every. single. morning. Sam Bass played Juice Newton's Angel of the Morning. It got to where I dreaded the opening notes, but on the rare times I've heard it in the many years since, it takes me right back to when I was young and and had the whole world in front of me.

And it was used to perfection in the first Deadpool movie 😁

ok doser

Just listened to a half-dozen Gary Puckett and the Union Gap hits. Comfort food for my soul. 😁