• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Chance or Design (Evolution or Creation)

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Guyver... You have demonstrated you are the typical person who claims the Bible has errors. When pressed to provide an example, the best they can do is attempt to argue theology while ignoring context.

And you along with your like minded friends have demonstrated that you do not value truth. Honesty is a big part of the truth. You all will not even admit to a fact when it is clearly printed.

You’d prefer to attempt to explain a fact away by claiming religious interpretation and context.

So, that means your religion works for you (maybe) but it is certainly not going to work for everyone. Some people prefer the freedom of accepting the facts, whatever they may be... and placing a value upon the truth.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
At this point I’d like to interject the natural human phenomenon of cognitive bias. And specifically, confirmation bias. Confirmation bias is studied by science, understood to be real, and guarded against by the scientific method.

Now, in this thread the religious people demonstrate clear confirmation bias. So, that’s a fact as I understand things. But, “I” don’t really matter....in my mind what matters is the truth.

A person who has confirmation bias has a repeating tendency to observe or interpret things based upon what they already expect to see. In that case, they don’t really interpret the truth properly, they distort it to their own opinions.

6days

Guyver said:
You’d prefer to attempt to explain a fact away by claiming religious interpretation and context
As i suggested before...its a bit rich that people who reject God's Word (and, for the most part have never studied it) can be so adamant that their theological understanding is correct.

The pattern is always the same... Someone claims the Bible is full of contradictions. When pressed for an example, they start arguing for an interpretation that suits them, and ignoring the context of other scripture, or the purpose of the passage. What their contradiction claim amounts to is an excuse to reject Scripture.

That desire to reject scripture, is the same reason so many reject the science that supports scripture. Back to where we started..... Genetic load is totally consistent with the biblical account of a perfect creation that has been subjected to several thousand years of corruption. Genetic load is totally inconsistent with the common ancestry belief system, and that is why secularists call it a paradox.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You have not proven that the Bible is Gods word. You have assumed it, like you assume the existence of the perfect genome and that a decay rate can be calculated from something that does not exist and may not ever have existed.

Why don’t you begin by proving that the Bible is in fact the Word of God? That is....the MAKER of all of us.

Right Divider

Body part
As i suggested before...its a bit rich that people who reject God's Word (and, for the most part have never studied it) can be so adamant that their theological understanding is correct.
:thumb:

Indeed, they reject God's Word and then claim to tell us about God.

Where do they get their "information"?.... Not from God... that's for sure.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
:thumb:

Indeed, they reject God's Word and then claim to tell us about God.

Where do they get their "information"?.... Not from God... that's for sure.

No...it’s not “Gods Word” we reject. We would gladly accept Gods Word if it could be shown to be his word. Who wouldn’t want to hear from God?!

That would be amazing and completely revolutionary! To actually hear from the one who made us?! Oh yeah....that would be great.

But, you’re trying to say that the Bible is Gods Word because you assume it to be.

And, what’s really weird about that is how ridiculously bloody and off the Old Testament is. You don’t see it, but it’s literally pagan. The entire thing. The sacrifice of goats, the notion of appeasing an “angry God” with blood sacrifice was practiced before the Bible was ever written. These are all things pagan nations practiced. The Old Testament tells you how to properly kill and rape people. It allows women to be property and men to have as many wives as they can afford.

It says that the God who made us became angry with us and wished to kill us all.

It’s dumb.

If God wanted to kill us, we’d all be dead already and would have never existed because God can obviously erase time.

6days

And, what’s really weird about that is how ridiculously bloody and off the Old Testament is.
Again....someone who has no understanding of scripture, is tring to tell others how to interpret it.

Jesus often referred to Old Testament Scripture quoting from it as the ultimate source of truth. He criticized those who misused it, or contradicted it.

It isn't a hard decision...I will trust Jesus.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Again....someone who has no understanding of scripture, is tring to tell others how to interpret it.

Jesus often referred to Old Testament Scripture quoting from it as the ultimate source of truth. He criticized those who misused it, or contradicted it.

I'm getting a distinct vibe from guyver - not aspie, not retarded, but definitely mental/psychological issues

Anybody else notice this?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

I don’t understand how you can try to pull that “I don’t understand scripture” piece.

What’s so hard about reading?

The Bible informs me the proper way to beat my slaves. It says that I may beat them if I am displeased, but I may not cause permanent injury or kill them.

Do you believe it is righteous to properly beat your slaves?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
If you have to make me the devil to win, you lose. I guess that’s all I have to say.
Hehehe. Since you had to put me on "Ignore", you lose. I'm never at a loss for words. Trenchant ones, at that.

How is [MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] "making you the devil", when, clearly, he said you've been "listening too much to" the devil????????? That's right: He's NOT!:)

7djengo7

The irony of a troll telling people not in incite the trolls is well beyond the trolls ability to understand. But it's funny for the rest of us.

Ever since my XBOX 360 went on the fritz, I've had to get my fix for battling trolls in forums, since I can no longer fight them in Skyrim. And, you know, the only real difference between Skyrim trolls and forum trolls seems to be that the ones in Skyrim have three eyes. In terms of programmed predictability, though, the trolls of Skyrim have got nothing on The Barbarian.:)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ever since my XBOX 360 went on the fritz, I've had to get my fix for battling trolls in forums, since I can no longer fight them in Skyrim. And, you know, the only real difference between Skyrim trolls and forum trolls seems to be that the ones in Skyrim have three eyes. In terms of programmed predictability, though, the trolls of Skyrim have got nothing on The Barbarian.:)

Too bad you can't "FUS RO DAH" internet trolls...

:think:

Wait a minute... I probably could, since I'm a mod....

:rotfl:

Totally gonna use that net time I :nuke: someone...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

There's an "arrow in the knee" joke in there somewhere, I just know it!

7djengo7

Hehehehe!

Except for one thing: in our TOL context, it's not the Christians who are the dragon-born.