Catholics Must Submit their Mind, Will, and Intellect to Papal Authority

Ben Masada

Catholics Must Submit their Mind, Will and Intellect to Papal Authority. That's true if you read the "Summa Theologica" by Thomas Aquinas, the greatest Catholic Theologian of all times. He also said that salvation is possible but only as a Catholic. The Lord have mercy on the rest of us.

glassjester

Roman Catholics are morally bound to believe whatever the pope teaches

Serpentdove, you have not addressed what Cruciform wrote in post #5 of this thread.

What you claim as a unique fault of Catholicism is simply a necessary characteristic of all organizations - religious or otherwise.

There exist certain features (beliefs, values, etc) which define people as members or nonmembers of a group.

I can't call myself a football fan if I am against football as a sport.
"Liking football" is a defining characteristic of the group, "football fans."

I can't call myself a vegetarian if I eat meat.
"Not eating meat" is a defining characteristic of the group, "vegetarians."

I can't call myself a Christian if I do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
"Believing in Jesus' resurrection" is a defining characteristic of the group, "Christians."

Calling myself Catholic means I have certain beliefs. Who defines the defining characteristics of Catholicism? The Catholic Church, of course. It would make no sense, otherwise.

But don't pretend you don't have your own defining characteristics. You do.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Calling myself Catholic means I have certain beliefs. Who defines the defining characteristics of Catholicism? The Catholic Church, of course. It would make no sense, otherwise.

you are making sense
-did you get a catholic education?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Serpentdove, you have not addressed what Cruciform wrote in post #5 of this thread.

What you claim as a unique fault of Catholicism is simply a necessary characteristic of all organizations - religious or otherwise.

There exist certain features (beliefs, values, etc) which define people as members or nonmembers of a group.

I can't call myself a football fan if I am against football as a sport.
"Liking football" is a defining characteristic of the group, "football fans."

I can't call myself a vegetarian if I eat meat.
"Not eating meat" is a defining characteristic of the group, "vegetarians."

I can't call myself a Christian if I do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
"Believing in Jesus' resurrection" is a defining characteristic of the group, "Christians."

But don't pretend you don't have your own defining characteristics. You do.

here is another chance for others to read your post

Cruciform

Catholics Must Submit their Mind, Will and Intellect to Papal Authority. That's true if you read the "Summa Theologica" by Thomas Aquinas, the greatest Catholic Theologian of all times. He also said that salvation is possible but only as a Catholic. The Lord have mercy on the rest of us.
It's sad that you really have no idea what any of that actually means, however.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
As a Christian, are you free to believe that Christ did not rise from the dead?

Or... if you believed that, could you no longer call yourself Christian?

How many who name the name of Christ are actually believers? :rolleyes: Enoch was a type of the raptured church and that was--one guy (Gen. 5:24). :rapture:

From rolling eyes to rolling heads, Christians are being persecuted now (1 Thess. 2:15; Rev. 12:13). Judgment starts with us :straight: and moves out into :banana: the world. :popcorn:

And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all (Lk 17:26–29).

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 1 Pe 4:17–18

See:

The Great Tribulation – B by James MacDonald

Last edited: