Carl's Jr. makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak
Essentially, dispensationalism is the belief God deals with humanity differently in each different dispensation or time period.

Right! Like with the food laws and the clothing laws that the Jews had to follow, those laws we do not follow today.

Is dispensationalism something that you generally agree with? If not, why?

Freak

Originally posted by Shimei
Right! Like with the food laws and the clothing laws that the Jews had to follow, those laws we do not follow today.

Is dispensationalism something that you generally agree with? If not, why?
As it agrees with Scripture, yes!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
As it agrees with Scripture, yes!

Freak,
Reading scripture is exactly where the idea comes from. Reading scripture it is obvious that God has changed the "house rules" from time to time. God said to circumcise:

Genesis 17
10This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised;

And that concussion is an everlasting covenant:

Genesis 17
13He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

But Paul now says that circumcision is now unnecessary:

Galatians 5:2
Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.

Understanding the changing of God’s “house rules” is all that dispensationalism is. It is not another denomination or another “ism”. It is reading the Bible in context and understanding the overview so one can better understand the details.

Freak

Originally posted by Shimei

Understanding the changing of God’s “house rules” is all that dispensationalism is. It is not another denomination or another “ism”. It is reading the Bible in context and understanding the overview so one can better understand the details.
As I stated numerous times before dispensationalism is another "ism" that humanity has brought to us.

From Genesis to Revelation and beyond...God's call for people to put their faith in Him hasn't changed. His "house rules" regarding this matter hasn't changed.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I stated numerous times before dispensationalism is another "ism" that humanity has brought to us.

From Genesis to Revelation and beyond...God's call for people to put their faith in Him hasn't changed. His "house rules" regarding this matter hasn't changed.

Freak,
Other than the last paragraph, did you even read what I wrote?
:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.