Carl's Jr. makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Originally posted by Zakath
:darwinsm: "agree with one another"?!?!?!?!?

Jay, you're killin' me here!

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

That really bothers you huh?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Freak
I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

That really bothers you huh?
Bothers me? Not in the least.

It's just that appealing to TOL posters to agree with one another seems a bit silly; like spitting into a hurricane. :chuckle:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism another denomination, Turbo?
:confused: This is not a complete sentence, Freak. Did you intend to ask, "Is Dispensationalism another denomination, Turbo?"

If so, the answer is "no."

Freak

Originally posted by Turbo
Have you ever considered dispensationalism, Freak?
I once considered Christianity and decided to embrace Christianity--as I surrendered to Jesus Christ. :chuckle:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's not what I asked, but I won't bother pressing for a straight answer.

Freak

Dispensationalism, DDism, LaHayeism, Calvinism, Ariminism, etc there are so many isms to choose from.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I mean, do you know what it is, and how dispensationalists arrive at their views? Have you studied it in any depth, whether you agree with the conclusions or not?

Freak

I mean, do you know what it is,
Having been a believer for many years I can say I have studied pretty much every ism out there. I have traveled the world and have studied every view out there in the world.

and how dispensationalists arrive at their views?
Dispensationalism is but one ism out of many.

Have you studied it in any depth,
Yes. I went to a theological school that embrace dispensationalism.

whether you agree with the conclusions or not?
Depends if it lines up with Scripture. Give me an example.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe later, Freak. We're about to hit the road.

I would be amazed if you could demonstrate that you understand how dispensationalists arrive at their views. You haven't been able to do that for other issues with which you disagree even when the reasoning had just been (repeatedly) explained to you. (i.e. Open Theism, God forgiving David as He later forgave Paul)

If I don't get back on tonight, have a good Thanksgiving, Freak.

Freak

I would be amazed if you could demonstrate that you understand how dispensationalists arrive at their views.
Like I said I attended and studied dispensationalism in a theological school. I have no problem understand this ism. I've studied many isms over the years. I have concluded early on that Scripture and the testimony of Jesus Christ should be the rule of faith.

You haven't been able to do that for other issues with which you disagree even when the reasoning had just been (repeatedly) explained to you. (i.e. Open Theism, God forgiving David as He later forgave Paul)
I understand Open Theism and the role of the Old & New Covenants in relation to us. I'm concerned you don't, however. One day, God will open your eyes to the truth of the Scriptures. This I know.

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like I said I attended and studied dispensationalism in a theological school. I have no problem understand this ism. I've studied many isms over the years. I have concluded early on that Scripture and the testimony of Jesus Christ should be the rule of faith.

Freak, if someone asks you if you have studied dispensationalism, answer "NO".

Freak

Originally posted by Shimei
Freak,
Please explain what dispensationalism is.
Were you aware there are at least a half dozen types of dispensationalism?:kookoo:

Which ones would you like me to describe?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Were you aware there are at least a half dozen types of dispensationalism?:kookoo:

Which ones would you like me to describe?

Freak,
Describe what dispensationalism is in general. What does it mean? Don't cut and paste a dictionary definition if you are able to describe dispensationalism briefly with your own words.

Freak

Originally posted by Shimei
Freak,
Describe what dispensationalism is in general. What does it mean? Don't cut and paste a dictionary definition if you are able to describe dispensationalism briefly with your own words.
Essentially, dispensationalism is the belief God deals with humanity differently in each different dispensation or time period.

But, as I mentioned earlier there are several differnet schools of thought within dispensationalism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.