Carl's Jr. makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoist

Shimei;

Which time do you mean? When he trashed me on his radio show, when he faced off with me in the post-game show, when he challenged me to respond to his final post, when he suggested I might appear as his studio guest ...

:chuckle:

Assuming you have some aversion to following the link I already posted, maybe you should learn how to use the TOL search engine.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by taoist
Shimei;

Which time do you mean? When he trashed me on his radio show, when he faced off with me in the post-game show, when he challenged me to respond to his final post, when he suggested I might appear as his studio guest ...

:chuckle:

Assuming you have some aversion to following the link I already posted, maybe you should learn how to use the TOL search engine.

If Bob agreed to have a formal moderated 10 round debate with you, I am sure he would not have backed out. Looks to me you made the whole thing up yourself.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Taoist,
I did look. Bob never agreed to have a debate specifically with you. If you are talking about the "post game show", that is another matter.

Untouchable

Jefferson,
Carl's Jr. donates to the pro-life cause.
I've benefited from them in my pro-life endeavors.
If I were you I'd eat as much of their food as is healthily possible. (although that might not be too much)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So when are you going to appear as his studio guest? Or have you backed out?

Flipper

Not that I recall. I remember Taoist making a civil offer to appear as a guest in Bob's studio when he was next in Denver, but Bob didn't jump at the chance (at the time, anyway).

taoist

Jefferson
So when are you going to appear as his studio guest? Or have you backed out?
Oh no, Jefferson, the ball remains firmly in the good pastor's court. At any time he wishes to contact me, he's free to do so. Other than defending the facts of the prior debate from DBC revisionists, I see no reason to push him into a decision. After all, he's the one with the history of going after defenseless opponents, displaying the kind of morality I've come to expect from self-aggrandizing televangelists.

My offer still stands as it appeared in your earlier thread.

Is Disbelief Rational?

Sometime next spring or summer, I plan to hitch up the trailer to my scoot and bike out to Colorado for some catching up with my niece who hasn't seen "Uncle Jesse" in years. If Bob would like to invite me to be his studio guest, I'd be willing to debate him on a topic I believe would be relevant to his audience, and hopefully interesting to him as well.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
taoist:

As I recall, you already backed out of a debate you were in the middle of with Hilston.

taoist

Huh?

I don't recall any debate between myself and Hilston, Jefferson. More revisionism? And what does that have to do with the my offer to the good pastor? He ducked and ran. It's very well documented.

taoist

Having searched, I can find no post of mine which was directed toward Hilston. Nor any posts of Hilston directed toward me. Would you care to withdraw your comment, Jefferson?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Having searched, I can find no post of mine which was directed toward Hilston. Nor any posts of Hilston directed toward me. Would you care to withdraw your comment, Jefferson?
Just checked it myself. Couldn't find it either. Must have had you confused with some other child of the devil who is on his way to hell.

taoist

Jefferson;
... some other child of the devil ...

taoist;
I can prove my parentage beyond any shadow of a doubt. Can you?

Jefferson;
... who is on his way to hell.

taoist;
You're apparently far more familiar with the path than I. Now why would that be? Hmm?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You're apparently far more familiar with the path than I. Now why would that be? Hmm?
I'm familiar with what it takes to go to hell because I read the Bible.

taoist

With all due respect, Jefferson, I believe I'll go along with the majority of mankind on this one and leave belief in hell with the christians who invented it. Or as we like to say, "It's your hell, you enjoy it."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
With all due respect, Jefferson, I believe I'll go along with the majority of mankind on this one and leave belief in hell with the christians who invented it.
I won't try to disuade you.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath
Generally I think it is a contrivance by certain Christian theologians to deal with the YHWH's apparent periodic changes of direction, detailed in the Christian Bible. I find it fascinating that Jews don't seem to give dispensationalist theory much credit, even though 5 of the 7 traditional dispensations allegedly occur in their texts... :think:

Of course, Jews don't believe in the concept of "Original Sin" either. :chuckle:
I'd have to say that it was a Rabbi that set me up to become a dispensationalist (an Acts 9 dispensationalist specifically). I'd say the Jewish beliefs have more in common with Acts 9'ers than any other Christian group (despite being 180 degrees out on the whole Messiah thing).

Freak

Originally posted by Yorzhik

I'd say the Jewish beliefs have more in common with Acts 9'ers than any other Christian group (despite being 180 degrees out on the whole Messiah thing).
I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas "; still another, "I follow Christ."

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Status
Not open for further replies.