Not open for further replies.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Johnny unsure about the validity of evidence columns

Johnny unsure about the validity of evidence columns

If you want to read that post, and the ensuing thread debate, please go here

I ended my participation in that thread after this typical example of what it's like trying to have a rational discussion of evidence with an evolutionist:

Bob Enyart said:
Now, this last quote from Johnny is a good one to end with. As the reader will recall, at Johnny's request, I clarified a question [BEQ1-J] that needed no clarification. His answer is a true crack up (and it validates my earlier use of the word "fear"):
First Johnny quoted my clarified question:

Bob Enyart said:
"BEQ1b-J: Two views exist regarding the age of the earth: young earth, and old earth. Also, human beings make careful observations of the world, and those observations will be interpreted differently by adherents of the opposing views of YE and OE. Do you agree that those who hold either view on the age of the earth can sort that evidence into Evidence Columns, one of which is titled Young Earth Evidence, and the other of which is titled Old Earth Evidence. Of course, either side may wrongly categorize evidence. But I’m asking you: is this paradigm valid for evaluating evidence for the age of the earth?"
Then, after asking for that clarification, he still equivocated in answering:
Johnny said:
To be honest I am unsure whether or not this is a valid method. Someone more versed in the philosophy of science may correct me down the line, but I will say "Yes" for now.
Then I ended with:
Bob Enyart said:
Oh brother.

I’m glad I’m flying to Florida tomorrow with my family (to give a presentation at Coral Ridge, a seminar in Vero Beach, and then relax with my family). Johnny, if you can't figure out if this is valid or not, you best take yourself out of any threads requiring scientific thought. This post, which follows your final, timid equivocating comment, marks a good place for me to end my participation in this thread.

All in all, bias and fear, it was a typical disucussion with evolutionists :) .

-Bob

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Well, more power to you. :) These debates make me crazy sometimes. Seem to always end up debating the intricacies of the debate itself instead of evidence. When the debate turns to debating "logic" itself, or "whether truth is knowable", I lose all patience.

added in edit... Of course now with Clete's Carl Sagan thread and Hilston's BR post I'm finding the "logic" issue very interesting. :doh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.