ECT Cancelled out or Made Alive?

Cross Reference

That is the question many have when trying to understand what it means to "die to self". E.S.Jones has it the way it is meant to be understood:

"Some people think if you come to Christ you surrender to being cancelled out. Cancelled? All you think and act and are become heightened by the heightened contact… It is the same surrender that ink makes to the author… It is the same surrender that a wire makes to a dynamo. Unattached, it has no light or power, but surrendered to the dynamo, it throbs with light and power . When you surrender to Jesus Christ, a plus is added to all you do and think and are. You do the things you can’t do and are a person you couldn’t be otherwise".

(excerpted from His book, "The Divine "Yes", p. 61)

Added note by me: Consider the above might give us understanding of the tri-part being of the Godhead not only summed up in Jesus but also the future summing up of it in the newborn of Him:

1. Author = God

2. Ink = Holy Spirit/Word of God

3. Paper = the natural man, Jesus. . . . . . and His brothers per Heb. 2:10 KJV.

musterion

When you surrender to Jesus Christ, a plus is added to all you do and think and are.
No.

SOURCE OF SIN - January 13, 2016

"I am a sinful man, O Lord" (Luke 5:8).

When the believer first becomes aware of the sinful self-life, he often makes the mistake of attempting to deal with its symptoms. He struggles to curb his sins and tries to live righteously. The resultant failure leads him to reliance upon the work of the Cross, which is effectively applied to the root of the matter by the Holy Spirit: the old life is crucified; the new life is manifested.

"We are apt to think that what we have done is very bad, but that we ourselves are not so bad. God is taking pains to show us that we ourselves are wrong, fundamentally wrong. The root trouble is the sinner; he must be dealt with. Our sins are dealt with by the Blood, but we ourselves are dealt with by the Cross. The Blood procures our pardon for what we have done; the Cross procures our deliverance from what we are." -W.N.

"It is for want of a complete or adequate realization of the meaning of the Cross, that so many Christians are carnal, or try to live for God out of themselves. This goes to the root of the ever-present weakness and poverty of spiritual life. There is much prayer for 'revival,' and much effort for 'the deepening of the spiritual life.' The only answer to this is a new knowing of the Cross, not only as to sins and a life of victory over them, but as to Christ as supplanting the natural man." -T. A-S.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
(Jeremiah 17:9).

musterion

I guess your understanding of the scriptures lead you to believe no one can surrender to God.

You are wrong.

The question to ask is, why. That is, what is the reason for the surrender? To stay saved/not lose salvation? I suspect you'll say that's at least part of it, if you're honest, which I've already learned you aren't.

Cross Reference

You are wrong.

The question to ask is, why. That is, what is the reason for the surrender? To stay saved/not lose salvation? I suspect you'll say that's at least part of it, if you're honest, which I've already learned you aren't.

NO! You are the dishonest one. Though surrendering to God is for salvation it is nevertheless, more than that. It is for Him to enter YOUR dishonest heart!