ECT Can you be a Christian and not go to church?

genuineoriginal

The body of Christ is a church.
I am referring to these definitions of church:
______________​
and this definition of "go to church"

Right Divider

Body part
I am referring to these definitions of church:
______________​
and this definition of "go to church"
Yes, those non-Biblical definitions. And then you ask if it's Biblical :dizzy:

Right Divider

Body part
I am not sure what your answer is.
Are you implying that it is not Biblical for a Christian to go to a building for public Christian worship to attend church services?
No, I am not IMPLYING anything.

I'm saying that you use SELF-DESCRIBED NON-BIBLICAL terms to frame your question and THEN ask "Is it Biblical?".

Your outrageously illogical like so many loons here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

There are reasons why some Christians do not attend a 'Socialized church.' None the less, they are still considered a member of the 'Body of Christ,' and a child of God.

genuineoriginal

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

There are reasons why some Christians do not attend a 'Socialized church.' None the less, they are still considered a member of the 'Body of Christ,' and a child of God.
If I understand your response, you are saying that a person can be a Biblical Christian (member of the 'Body of Christ') without attending church services in a building for public Christian worship.

Right Divider

Body part
That verse actually refers to judicial preceding's

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually referring to this part of the law:

Deuteronomy 19:15 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

:thumb:

genuineoriginal

My answer was PLAIN...
No, it wasn't PLAIN and everyone but you is able to see that clearly.

Your question is nonsense because it is illogical. You use NON-BIBLICAL TERMS and then ask if it's Biblical. That's dumb.
Have you ever used the term "trinity" or "rapture"?
Neither of those terms are found in the Bible, but many people claim that those are Biblical terms.

Now, if you want to stop showing how dumb you are, you can address the question from the OP instead of dismissing it in your ignorance.

Right Divider

Body part
No, it wasn't PLAIN and everyone but you is able to see that clearly.
So claims the one posing ILLOGICAL questions.

Have you ever used the term "trinity" or "rapture"?
Neither of those terms are found in the Bible, but many people claim that those are Biblical terms.
More ILLOGICAL STRAW-MAN nonsense.

YOU DEFINED the word OUTSIDE of the Bible in a NON-BIBLICAL way.

I never said that the word is NOT IN THE BIBLE.... IT IS!

Now, if you want to stop showing how dumb you are, you can address the question from the OP instead of dismissing it in your ignorance.
:rotfl:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Can you be a Christian and not go to church?
Yes

Is going to church Biblical or anti-Biblical?
Scripture speaks of gathering in God's name so I see nothing inherently anti-biblical. Until religion gets involved.

Does the 'church' provide anything that a Christian could not get from a private worship service at home (the way they did in Paul's time)"
Fellowship with like minded people. Support. Prayer. Friendship. Judgement. Condemnation. Hate. There are many things you can find in a church. Some are good. Many are evil.