Can the Christians here accept the Biblical fact that God is one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

Bs'd

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" ""A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." "“You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

Is it possible for the Christians here to accept that Biblical fact?

Eliyahu

WizardofOz

Kinda funny that Eliyahu is using the same godrulz lion avatar.

It could get confusing considering the subject matter.

oatmeal

Bs'd

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" ""A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." "“You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

Is it possible for the Christians here to accept that Biblical fact?

Eliyahu

Eliyahu,

Many here do accept as truth that God is one and only one.

Sadly, there are some that believe that three = one.

They are confused and God is not the author of confusion.

I Corinthians 14:33

oatmeal

Elia

Eliyahu,

Many here do accept as truth that God is one and only one.

Sadly, there are some that believe that three = one.

They are confused and God is not the author of confusion.

I Corinthians 14:33

oatmeal

Bs'd

I guess that means we have to straighten them out.

A beautiful task, isn't it?

By the way, do you believe that JC was God?

Eliyahu

Elia

No, you're mistaken.

Are you willing to admit you might be mistaken?

Bs'd

Since I'm not infallible, of course I might be mistaken.

It's just that I don't think I'm mistaken.

I have that strong feeling I am very right.

Let's look at the facts: Christianity claims to belief in one God.

Christianity believes in a God the Father, a god the son, and a god the spirit.

And they all have to be squeezed into one God.

Which leaves only one conclusion, namely that the Christian God is his own son, and at the same time his own father.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Eliyahu

some other dude

Bs'd

Since I'm not infallible, of course I might be mistaken.

It's just that I don't think I'm mistaken.

I have that strong feeling I am very right.

Let's look at the facts: Christianity claims to belief in one God.

Which leaves only one conclusion, namely that the Christian God is his own son, and at the same time his own father.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Eliyahu

you have a flawed understanding of the concept of the trinity. If you are really interested in what trinitarians believe, here's a real simple place to start.

Elia

you have a flawed understanding of the concept of the trinity. If you are really interested in what trinitarians believe, here's a real simple place to start.

Bs'd

I have looked at it, and I still don't see why this would be wrong:

Christianity claims to belief in one God.

Maybe you can explain it to me?

Thanks in advance.

Another thing that bugs me: If God is one, how can He be three?

Eliyahu

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bs'd

I have looked at it, and I still don't see why this would be wrong:

Christianity claims to belief in one God.

Maybe you can explain it to me?

Thanks in advance.

Another thing that bugs me: If God is one, how can he be three?

Eliyahu
Rather than wikipedia entries, which are generally unreliable, I recommend the following for starters that will more than adequately answer each question you have posed above:

Vindication of the Trinity -John Owen

It is a short, but contextually dense read, and well worth your time and effort if you want to inform yourself more deeply about the Trinitarian doctrine.

AMR

One Eyed Jack

If God is a triune being, then so are we, since we're made in His image. I had no trouble accepting the Trinity when I realized that I consisted of body, soul, and spirit.

Bs'd

The Catholic Church teaches that God is one.. but there are 3 persons in the Godhead.. Dont ask me to explain, but even though many have a hard time understand this, i never did... dont get why its so hard for some... but then others understadn things I don't... like math...

Jesus is the Word of God.. meaning the Truth of God..

The Holy Spirit is the.. Spirit of God..

Then there's the Father who stays in Heaven... seemingly at a great distance... most of the time

which is why we need Jesus...

He is the "bridge" to God...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs'd

With "trinity" I mean that illogical extra-Biblical teaching that 99% of Christianity believes in.

Eliyahu

It's certainly hard to comprehend, but it's not 'illogical'.
If you think it's 'illogical', then you are arguing against something that you only think is trinitarian teaching.

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.