Can someone deny the Deity of Christ...? - BATTLE ROYALE I - Freak vs. me again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BATTLE ROYALE #1 Freak vs. me again

Let's get ready to ruuuummmmbbble!

OK, before we can continue I need to make sure both of you have read the BATTLE ROYALE RULES and understand them. I need a "YES" post from each combatant in order for this Battle to continue.

No posts from anyone other than me again or Freak will be allowed on this thread beyond this point. Thank you.

Last edited:

Freak

Let it be known: I stand for Jesus Christ and His truth...

Let it be known: I stand for Jesus Christ and His truth...

...and let it be known I will defend the truths. Knight, I'm ready and yes I have read the rules.

me again

YES

YES

I was almost too nervous to click on this thread. Well, here we are. < nervously wiping sweat from brow >

Here are three potential topics to debate:
    Can someone deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still enter the kingdom of heaven? Yes, but only if they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and as the Son of God.
    Can someone who has never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ enter the kingdom of heaven or is he damned to hell? Yes, it is possible for him to enter the kingdom of heaven.
    If a man has never spoken in tongues, can he still be a Christian? Yes.
And may I open this debate with a prayer:
  • Lord Jesus, I address this thread to You. May You be glorified in everything that we do. May your will be done here. May men be drawn to you, based upon the verbal transactions that are exchanged here. May we point the way to You and You alone. Bless our endeavor to serve You, Lord. Amen.
Let the games begin! :D

Hey, I can't seem to click the "Submit Reply" button to post this thread. My fingers are shaking too much. Steady... Steeeady... Steeeeeady.

Got it! ;)

Freak

It looks like #2 & #3 we agree on...

It looks like #2 & #3 we agree on...

so.....that only leaves #1 or one of the topics I have suggested or one that Knight thinks of.

#2 of course the Saints of the Old Covenant never heard the "Gospel" yet they believed God and it was counted unto them righteousness.

#3 of course someone can be saved and not speak in tongues, Jesus never spoke in tongues so (though I do believe God still gives the gift today)...

Last edited:

me again

Jay, I believe that Evangelion can enter the kingdom of heaven, based upon his faith in Jesus. That falls into category #1.

We agree on this, correct?

Freak

Hold steady Me Again...

Hold steady Me Again...

It looks like we may have a debate;)

Let's wait for Knight to pick a topic and I sure do hope he picks one dealing with that very subject....

me again

Okay, sounds good. Knight, I think we found our disagreement.... errrr, I mean argument... errrr... I mean topic. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Attention......

Attention......

Ladies and gentlemen I want to welcome you to installment #1 of the Battle Royale series. Structured debates in which the combatants get 20 posts to win or lose the debate.

TONIGHT WE START BATTLE ROYALE #1

In the yellow corner (based on the color of avatar) hailing from the USA one of the most loveable characters at TheologyOnLine its "me again"

In the white corner (based on the color of avatar) hailing from http://www.deliveranceradio.com one of TheologyOnLine's most controversial characters..... Freak

BATTLE ROYALE #1 TOPIC

Can someone in the current dispensation of grace deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still enter the Body of Christ?

NOTE: I added the phrase "the current dispensation of grace" because this topic is regarding the current method of salvation, understood?

Do both combatants understand the topic? If both combatants post a "YES" I will flip the coin and determine the order of the debate and ring the bell to begin BATTLE ROYALE#1

NO POSTS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD OTHER THAN FREAK OR "ME AGAIN".

Last edited:

me again

No trick questions: Keep it simple.

No trick questions: Keep it simple.

I have a question about this:
  • Can someone in the current dispensation of grace deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still enter the Body of Christ?
Please clarify what you mean by:
  • Enter into the Body of Christ
Do you meant "enter into the kingdom of heaven?" In the English language, I’ve never heard or read that phraseology.

:confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: No trick questions: Keep it simple.

Re: No trick questions: Keep it simple.

Originally posted by me again
I have a question about this:
  • Can someone in the current dispensation of grace deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still enter the Body of Christ?
Please clarify what you mean by:
  • Enter into the Body of Christ
Do you meant "enter into the kingdom of heaven?" In the English language, I’ve never heard or read that phraseology.

:confused:
You have never heard of the Body of Christ?

me again

Clarification Requested

Clarification Requested

• Asked by Knight:
    You have never heard of the Body of Christ?

Oh, of course I’ve heard of the ”Body of Christ.” But I’ve never heard of the following phraseology:
  • Enter into the Body of Christ.
  • She entered into Him (???)
If you mean ”go to heaven,” then I understand what you’re saying. You do mean, ”go to heaven,” right?

Freak

What are you talking about Me Again.

Just use some common sense here...

This is unbelievable...

me again

Re: YES!

Re: YES!

Originally posted by Freak
YES! Come on Me Again, you got to be kidding?
I guess I’ve been working with attorneys too long. I need to get out of the office more. ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about this....

How about this....

BATTLE ROYALE #1 TOPIC

Can someone in the current dispensation of grace deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still become a member of the Body of Christ?

Can I get a "YES" on the above rephrased topic????

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I happen to be sitting in the presence of "becky" one of our most treasured assets at TheologyOnLine. She will assist me in the flipping of the coin.

I have chosen "heads" will be Freak and "tails will be me again

Here we go.....

Becky flipped the coin and "heads" it is!

Freak will post his opening statement first (he has 48 hours from the time on this post to complete his opening argument).

Then when his opening argument has been posted me again will have 48 hours to post his opening argument.

BATTLE ROYALE #1
Can someone in the current dispensation of grace deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and still become a member of the Body of Christ?

Lets get it on!!!!!!

Freak, you're first, the clock is running!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.