Can I say that there is no penalty for sin?

Aimiel

There is still punishment for sin, as I said, there are consequences for everything. If you murder someone, won't you be punished, possibly even put to death? That's only logical. There's consequences for every single thing that we say or do. God will look upon us as if we're sinless, due to Jesus' Blood, but there are still consequences, in this life, for every transgression.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is lie from the pit of hell!

Romans 8:1 King James Version (KJV)
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Are you sure.

A man murders someone. Then he becomes a Christian. Now he can't die for the murder?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I am not sure about that.

If I say that they cannot be punished by God for their sin, that speaks to some kind of agreement in justice that God has made to make it possible, if one exists. But it also speaks to whether or not a man or judge on earth can try them for their sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is still punishment for sin, as I said, there are consequences for everything. If you murder someone, won't you be punished, possibly even put to death? That's only logical. There's consequences for every single thing that we say or do. God will look upon us as if we're sinless, due to Jesus' Blood, but there are still consequences, in this life, for every transgression.

I tend to believe that, but then people either say a person is a believer and so they are forgiven and can't be punished by God or man, or they say something like you are a religious fanatic to think that you can't be judged for your sin, or that you would be judged for your sin.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not sure about that.

If I say that they cannot be punished by God for their sin, that speaks to some kind of agreement in justice that God has made to make it possible, if one exists. But it also speaks to whether or not a man or judge on earth can try them for their sin.

Just think it through with what you know about Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is not about what others think. It's about what you think.

Thinking about what the other person thinks doesn't always arrive at a good conclusion. Being misguided is different than forcing something out of someone or allowing them to think for their self. In other words a person might not get an answer because they have a question the person helping does not know how to help with, or they are unable to express it whether the person can help or not.

Who doesn't think what? What is about what I think? What does that mean?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think I understand you. Are you talking about justification before God and also the price you may need to pay before the civil authorities?

The civil authorities carry out what God wants. What if the person is forgiven? Should they die for their capital offense? Should they pay what they owe? Should they return more value for something that they stole?

Aimiel

I tend to believe that, but then people either say a person is a believer and so they are forgiven and can't be punished by God or man, or they say something like you are a religious fanatic to think that you can't be judged for your sin, or that you would be judged for your sin.
Yeah, a lot of people have funny ideas about being Christian.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Huge difference.

Secular is of the world and the church is supposed to be spiritual.

Secular don't apply God's law. They have their own law.

Would you say that secular is civil law or civil authority? If you follow the conversation, it was that and if God would be the church.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Would you say that secular is civil law or civil authority? If you follow the conversation, it was that and if God would be the church.

why are you so concerned of the world?

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
why are you so concerned of the world?

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

I was responding to someone else's post. The problem is that the civil authorities wield God's sword but we in the church who disobey God call them secular.