Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

eider

These debates are all pointless.

Scripture is against homosexuality.

Period.

Thus, those who claim live by The Book, should not hold to homosexuality.

As for it's solving for, Scripture is clear on this also.

That government is not the solution.

The Law of Moses basically proved what Scripture asserts it had set out to prove - that any attempt to legislate morality will end in failure.

That only the gospel of Christ preached and believed in can solve for such issues.

At least that is the Lord's word on this through the pen of Scripture's writers way back when depravity was at a height we have yet to witness in our day no matter how bad things are thus far....

When the following was written, murder for sport was the norm, along with out in the open pedophilia, as well as both straight and homosexual prostitution, you name it.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

No where in any of their writings and or preachings does one see them going on about running for office and or supporting one fool or another as some sort of a means of converting the world to what would make the so called religious right happy in their obvious hypocrisy.

We read instead, things like...

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

In short, how that the lost can be expected to carry on like the lost.

And how that there is no legislating such away from that.

And that the Believer is neither of that, nor able to somehow normalize it into fitting his beliefs.

That the Believer's role is to be that of one who compassionately continues to preach the following, for it alone is the Believer's sole reality as to a solution.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

And this is what you believe. That's OK....
But other folks don't all believe exactly how and what you believe.
So those folks should leave you to follow your faith, and you might let others follow their lives how they believe?

In an earlier post I reported that the Island of Malta has voted 66-1 in favlour of Gay Marriage, and Malta is mostly occupied by Catholics, which could show that many Christians see life and faith differently from you.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Churches retain the right to marry only those who conform to their religious beliefs.

In a secular state, however, marriage can also be a civil ceremony without a religious component.

Just as the various religions would not want the state to infringe on their rights, they must also be prepared not to impose their ideas on those who don't share their beliefs!

shopkinslpskids

So........ would Gay Marriage be OK for couples who don't adopt little boys?
Homosexuality is a sin, but it's more evil if they're influencing children. Or worse, raping them. There is a pedophile risk in the gay community.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

shopkinslpskids

Churches retain the right to marry only those who conform to their religious beliefs.

In a secular state, however, marriage can also be a civil ceremony without a religious component.

Just as the various religions would not want the state to infringe on their rights, they must also be prepared not to impose their ideas on those who don't share their beliefs!
America is a Christian country.

eider

Homosexuality is a sin, but it's more evil if they're influencing children. Or worse, raping them. There is a pedophile risk in the gay community.

How do you know?
Is there a paedophile risk in the heterosexual community, possibly?
Are you sure that you are not just a little bit brainwashed about SSM?

Lon

We all have to interpret the message of Jesus as best we can.
My perception is not that of any single Church, but just based upon what Jesus said and what Jesus did.
My belief is that a spiritual person has love and understanding before all else.
For man first, God second. Exactly backwards from the scriptural model.

I would never wish to make one mindset/heartset/spiritset live, eat, drink, partake with another when it causes upset or disharmony, but I would defend the right of any to live in peace and harmony so long as they live in love and understanding.
So I am more focused against hatred, cruelty, violence, domination than, say, SSM.
That's why I support SSM.... I have no interest in gay lifestyles any more than in international standard competitive tadpole racing......... I would just defend the right for either of those to get on quietly with their lives......... and those tadpole racers better not be cruel!!! :D
Wishful thinking. You DO defer to one group over and above another, and entirely built of off sexual desire and practice. Sorry, that sentiment ain't gonna fly. You step on good people to support the adverse. You walk on family in order to support alternative variations.

shopkinslpskids

Homosexuality is a perversion. Most gay men are attracted to youthful boys. This is a fact I learned working with and around many gay men.

You can't really make an argument about morals. Either someone has them, or they don't.