Can a JW be a Christian.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Hi,

Some year ago a few JWs came to my gate, and preached to me about Jesus Christ and His return to make all things new, and what kind of a paradise it will be.

I disagreed with that view in some ways and then said to them that they only believed what the watchtower society told them. (sounds like something from this board hey)

Anyway, one of them was very insulted that I had said that, but not angry against me but just insulted and hurt.

The thing is, that while he might have been guided somewhat by the watchtower society I was to learn (by hard experience) that he truly was seeking the Lord and he belonged to the Lord.

I would be more careful in the years to come, as I had hurt the Lord.

LA

Sincere Point.

Well taken.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

Typos in social media formats and venues are not considered errors. They've been determined to be the equivalent of vocal speech. Think of typos as "ums" or "y'knows", etc.

Proof of being in Christ is not about how to insult the other with worldly concerns. Do you really think that God cares one bit about worldly knowledge/education in grammar, or any other kind of education you might have received?

God hid the truth from the wise and learned of this world.

God's Truth

Rotfl.

Perhaps you should apply your rule to typing as well. Then you'll bat 100%.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Proof of being in Christ is not about how to insult the other with worldly concerns. Do you really think that God cares one bit about worldly knowledge/education in grammar, or any other kind of education you might have received?

God hid the truth from the wise and learned of this world.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can a JW be a Christian.

Typos in social media formats and venues are not considered errors. They've been determined to be the equivalent of vocal speech. Think of typos as "ums" or "y'knows", etc.

Oh my goodness. That would have been a petty accusation on my part. I make grammatical errors and misspell all the time.

I was expressing that I wish I could hear you speak, because you keep making theological errors when you type.

[emoji14]

Numbers 22:30 Has to be KJV for this one.

Ben Masada

Correct. A Christian is a "follower of Christ". We follow Christ as the head of the Christian congregation therefore we are Christians.

But, wait a minute SonofCaleb. "Christ" as a reference to Jesus is from the gospel of Paul and, it doesn't appear at all in the gospel of Jesus. Jesus, the son of Joseph & Mary never even dreamed that the Christian Church would ever rise. The Christian Church was founded by Paul. Therefore, he was the head of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

God's Truth

But, wait a minute SonofCaleb. "Christ" as a reference to Jesus is from the gospel of Paul and, it doesn't appear at all in the gospel of Jesus. Jesus, the son of Joseph & Mary never even dreamed that the Christian Church would ever rise. The Christian Church was founded by Paul. Therefore, he was the head of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

The gospel of Jesus? Who are you to tell us what Jesus dreamed of? All you have is worthless opinion which is dung.

lifeisgood

But, wait a minute SonofCaleb. "Christ" as a reference to Jesus is from the gospel of Paul....

Wrong! The Angels from God said "For unto you [Israel] is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." NOT Paul.

What was Christ's human name? Jesus.

Ben Masada

So, what’s your beef?

Judaism was founded by Israel. Therefore, Israel is the head of Judaism.

Thank you! Not only the head but Israel is the whole body of Judaism. But Paul was still the founder who, by being so, he became the head of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

Ben Masada

Since when have you taken the place of Y-H-W-H?

Now, there you go with your nonsense! Did I say any thing not true? No, I didn't. What I said above can be proved by the nature of Logic. What you guys try to teach through Matthew 1:18 can be proved only by the Greek concept of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman.