Can a JW be a Christian.

beameup

Put simply if its not in the Bible we don't believe it.

You mean like the Watchtower Society (aka: Jehovah's Witness') doctrine that Jesus is Michael the Archangel? And your doctrine that Jesus came back to earth secretly in 1914?

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of YHWH am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of YHWH's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. - Joshua 5:13-15

Angels do not accept worship from humans:
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. Rev 22:8-9

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

That works for me, and is pretty much what I've considered the salvific threshhold all along. The Dispies would both blow a gasket over such criteria, while at the same time functionally holding TO something similar to that very criteria themselves beyond the 4 verses they claim in their false simplicity.

Double standards are such a cruel master.

I have to emphasize non-Kenoticism as incuded with the divinity of our Lord, and as an integral inclusion for the Trinity. His divinity cannot be "laid aside" in the manner of it being excluded during the Incarnation. Especially when it's the pattern for man to "do everything as a man filled with the Holy Spirit" to establish a works-based soteriology of false signs and wonders as "gifts".

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I suggest you look up the defintion of a cult as we most certainly do not fit the description of a cult, unless of course your derisory claim is being used in the usual perjorative sense.

Plus with well over 8 million baptized publishers and the fastest growing religion in the world that's some cult aye.....

Yes, it most certianly is a cult in the most classic and full meaning of the word. And it didn't exist until the 19th century, just like many other cultic groups and beliefs during that same time period.

There are more than 8 million Buddhists (over 1 billion) and Hindus (nearly 1 billion), so the pathetic numbers of your cult are not significant. And the fact that you separated the numbers from Christianity's total indicates you yourself hold JWs distinct from Christianity.

JWs are not Christians. They are a para-Christian cultic group with very late origins. The same is true for the LDS and the SDA cultic groups.

The real issue is when someone denies the Son as the eternal uncreated Logos of God, who is the Father.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They don't believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; that He is God

I do.

Jesus Father made Him God.

Scripture says so.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

LA

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I had a father like all humans, but Jesus did not have a Father who came before Him. There is one God, Jesus is a 'person' of God Son of God for our understanding, yet He was not born after the Father, rather His incarnate was born of a woman..

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I do.

Jesus Father made Him God.

Scripture says so.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

LA
are you a JW?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your grasp on what we believe is very poor.

Correct we do not believe in the Trinity.

Defending your religion is not the way to go.

Do you believe Jesus is a man born from God, who lived and died for you, was resurrected from the dead by His Father to sit on Gods right hand in Heaven to intercede for you, and be your companion by the Holy Spirit given you, who will raise you up from the grave to be with Him forever?

If you believe this and have called upon Jesus to save you from death, and obeyed what He has told you, then I do not see any reason which will keep you out of His Kingdom, unless you wanted out.

There is a hell. Its the common grave. We do not believe in the fiery pagan hell of 'Christendom'.

The word grave has often been mistranslated as hell in the Bible, but there is still a hell, but not an eternal conscious torment of living people.--

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I've never heard of dualism, would you care to explain...

I am not sure what others say it is, but if they think Jesus is two persons in one then they are wrong.

Jesus is one person, a full man, made in the image of God. The Father was in Him, but not always.

We believe Christ was established as King in Heaven in 1914 as per Bible prophecy in Daniel. The rest of your post regarding false prophets (we have no prophets and never have), inner chambers, Pyramids is complete nonsense.

I doubt that to be true.

Christ was made both Lord and Christ by His resurrection from the dead and ascended to His Fathers Throne as the Head of His elect Church (no denomination)until He returns to gather His Saints to Himself and rule over the earth, beginning with the destroying of ALL those who refused to repent at the last witness of the Saints of God.(which is massive)

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. But it does rule out Unitarians, Arians, and Adoptionists (to start), and most modern Sabellians.

So if one who believes the simple testimony of the Bible should call on the Lord Jesus Christ to save them from their sins, then the Lord will ignore them unless they have a degree in theology devised by intelligent men who all disagree with one another.

LA

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
So if one who believes the simple testimony of the Bible should call on the Lord Jesus Christ to save them from their sins, then the Lord will ignore them unless they have a degree in theology devised by intelligent men who all disagree with one another.

LA

No, but the Word and the Spirit will teach them; and it won't be Unitarianism, Arianism, Adoptionism, or Sabellianism. That all comes from men teaching men.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but the Word and the Spirit will teach them; and it won't be Unitarianism, Arianism, Adoptionism, or Sabellianism. That all comes from men teaching men.

Well, only people like you that have tagged me anything.

I just believe the Bible as taught me by the Lord considering my imperfections.

You like to marginalize other believers for no good reason.

The scripture is very plainly given, that those who believe on Christ are His.

Go back to the trinity thread where they have refused me to post.

or deal with the OP.

LA

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Well, only people like you that have tagged me anything.

I just believe the Bible as taught me by the Lord considering my imperfections.

You like to marginalize other believers for no good reason.

The scripture is very plainly given, that those who believe on Christ are His.

Go back to the trinity thread where they have refused me to post.

or deal with the OP.

LA

I dealt with the OP. You jumped in for a sidebar.