Can a Christian lose their salvation

Right Divider

Body part
Once Saved Always Saved is an invention of men. It is a false doctrine.
No, the false doctrine is losing salvation by grace through faith.
In Romans 11:22, Paul says, “Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off.”
The CONTEXT of Romans 11 is NOT the salvation in the body of Christ, therefore you're incorrect from the start.
In Galatians 5:4, Paul says, “You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.” See how they were united with Christ and in grace before they fell. They lost their salvation.
The CONTEXT of Galatians 5:4 is not salvation in the body of Christ... it is talking about how to live the life.

Gal 5:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
1 Corinthians 9:27: “I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” This is not the language of “once saved always saved.” Paul admits he could be "disqualified"
Paul frequently uses this type of hyperbole to express his desire for Christians to "walk in the Spirit". He is not talking about losing his salvation. The translation that you quote leaves out an important detail.

1Cor 9:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:27) But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul does NOT say that there is actually "that means".

These three verses that you quote do NOT cancel out the hundreds of verses that talk about our security in Christ. Salvation by grace through faith is not something that is always hanging by a thread or something that is constantly oscillating back and forth.

Just exactly what infraction do you think makes a person "lose their salvation"? We don't earn it. It is Christ that did the work.

Can you lose your salvation? Are you in danger?

This might help: https://graceambassadors.com/salvation/can-we-lose-our-salvation

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Typically, those who believe that they can lose their salvation by bad works, are those who believe that they are saved by doing good works.

Salvation is trusting in Christ's finished work on the cross and His resurrection, plus.........nothing.
All glory to Him alone!!!

Hoping

Banned
Typically, those who believe that they can lose their salvation by bad works, are those who believe that they are saved by doing good works.
By "bad works" you mean sin...right ?
Paul did write that those who walk after the flesh, (sinners), will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:19-21..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
None of the above will be saved on the day of judgement.
Salvation is trusting in Christ's finished work on the cross and His resurrection, plus.........nothing.
All glory to Him alone!!
I guess that depends on what you consider were the finished work on the cross.

Right Divider

Body part
By "bad works" you mean sin...right ?
Paul did write that those who walk after the flesh, (sinners), will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:19-21..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
None of the above will be saved on the day of judgement.

I guess that depends on what you consider were the finished work on the cross.
Poor confused Hoping. Get saved first, then you can "teach" us.

Gal 5:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Notice that Paul is always admonishing believers to walk in the Spirit. That means that it's possible to do otherwise (though we should not).

Hoping

Banned
Poor confused Hoping. Get saved first, then you can "teach" us.
I have been converted for some time now, thanks be to God.
Lesson one...salvation occurs in the day of judgement.
Remain loving and obedient until then and you will be saved.
Gal 5:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Notice that Paul is always admonishing believers to walk in the Spirit. That means that it's possible to do otherwise (though we should not).
Thank God for those who care enough about us to leave us so many exhortations to act Godly until the day of judgment.
If OSAS were true, why admonish anyone ?

Right Divider

Body part
I have been converted for some time now, thanks be to God.
"Converted" is not a term that Paul ever uses to describe a believer in Christ.
Sorry, you're not a "teacher". The judgment that you will be at is called the "great white throne" judgement, and it's not going to go well for you.
I will be at the judgement seat of Christ.
There you go again with your works salvation. You will fail, just like everyone else that thinks that they can save themselves. Trust in the obedience of Christ instead.

Rom 5:19 (AKJV/PCE)​
(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Thank God for those who care enough about us to leave us so many exhortations to act Godly until the day of judgment.
Your works will not save you, you poor lost soul.
If OSAS were true, why admonish anyone ?
Again, the admonition is about acting properly and NOT about getting saved.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
"Converted" is not a term that Paul ever uses to describe a believer in Christ.
I wasn't quoting Paul.
He did however quote Isaiah and Jeremiah when he said..." Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." (Acts 28:26-27)
Jesus used the word "converted" several times in Matt., Mark, Luke, and John's gospels.
All five writers knew full well about conversion.
Sorry, you're not a "teacher". The judgment that you will be at is called the "great white throne" judgement, and it's not going to go well for you.
I will be at the judgement seat of Christ.
We all sure will be, and perhaps our names will be found in the book of life.
There you go again with your works salvation. You will fail, just like everyone else that thinks that they can save themselves. Trust in the obedience of Christ instead.
Because of the finished works of Christ on the cross, I can be assured I will be able to walk in Christ until my vessel fades away.
He gave us all the gifts necessary to destroy the flesh so we can walk in the Spirit.
We are equipt to walk in the light from the time our past sins have been washed away by the blood of Christ.
Rom 5:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Amen.
Made as righteous as Jesus, so we can walk as He walked. (1 John 2:6)
Your works will not save you, you poor lost soul.
That is true, they won't.
But if my works are sinful, they sure can condemn me.
Again, the admonition is about acting properly and NOT about getting saved.
If we are to act properly, isn't it because, in part, we are told dozens of times to act properly ?
If we are already judged, why would it matter to God how we act ?

Right Divider

Body part
I wasn't quoting Paul.
I didn't say that you did. Paul is the current apostle of Christ given the dispensation of the grace God that we are currently saved under.
He did however quote Isaiah and Jeremiah when he said..." Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." (Acts 28:26-27)
Paul wrote THIRTEEN epistles and never once uses the term "convert" to describe a believer.
Jesus used the word "converted" several times in Matt., Mark, Luke, and John's gospels.
All five writers knew full well about conversion.
They were not talking about the dispensation of the grace of God.
We all sure will be, and perhaps our names will be found in the book of life.
Again, those are NOT the same judgement. The "great white throne" judgment is for unbelievers, the judgement seat of Christ is for believers. Unless you become a believer, you are destined for the GWT judgement.
Because of the finished works of Christ on the cross, I can be assured I will be able to walk in Christ until my vessel fades away.
You keep talking out of both sides of your mouth.
He gave us all the gifts necessary to destroy the flesh so we can walk in the Spirit.
We are equipt to walk in the light from the time our past sins have been washed away by the blood of Christ.
That does not mean that we are sinless while we live in this physical body. That honor is for Christ alone.

Hoping

Banned
I didn't say that you did.
You brought up Paul.
Paul is the current apostle of Christ given the dispensation of the grace God that we are currently saved under.
Current during his life.
Others have taken up the mantel since then.
Paul wrote THIRTEEN epistles and never once uses the term "convert" to describe a believer.
Agreed, but he did use it to describe the state of unbelievers, in Acts 28:27..."For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."
They were not talking about the dispensation of the grace of God.
Agreed, they were talking about conversion from disbelief to belief. From sinner to non-sinner. From haters to lovers. From disobedience to obedience. From unconverted to converted.
Again, those are NOT the same judgement. The "great white throne" judgment is for unbelievers, the judgement seat of Christ is for believers. Unless you become a believer, you are destined for the GWT judgement.
You say so, so act like you believe it.
You keep talking out of both sides of your mouth.
I apologize if I can't make it clear enough for you to understand.
That does not mean that we are sinless while we live in this physical body. That honor is for Christ alone.
Jesus said the truth could free us from service to sin, in John 8:32-34.
Did Paul tell you something different ?

Right Divider

Body part
You brought up Paul.
Duh
Current during his life.
Others have taken up the mantel since then.
None of them completed (i.e., fulfilled) the word of God.

Col 1:25 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Agreed, but he did use it to describe the state of unbelievers, in Acts 28:27..."For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."
But in his THIRTEEN epistles he NEVER used that term to describe a believer.
Why is this hard for you to understand?
Agreed, they were talking about conversion from disbelief to belief.
They were talking about believing that Jesus was the Son of God... and they did not even know that Christ would die.
From sinner to non-sinner. From haters to lovers. From disobedience to obedience. From unconverted to converted.
That is your story.
You say so, so act like you believe it.
You're confused and not making sense... again.
Jesus said the truth could free us from service to sin, in John 8:32-34.
Jesus was not talking to you.
Did Paul tell you something different ?
Paul said many new things that Christ gave to him. That you do not understand that is a shame.

Hoping

Banned
None of them completed (i.e., fulfilled) the word of God.
How many post-Paul apostles are you familiar with ?
Agreed, just unbelievers.
Why is this hard for you to understand?
I understand.
They were talking about believing that Jesus was the Son of God... and they did not even know that Christ would die.
Right, as the converted would believe that later.
Jesus was not talking to you.
I know He wasn't speaking to me, but His words will continue to echo through history.
And He was right about the truth making me free from service to sin.
Paul said many new things that Christ gave to him. That you do not understand that is a shame.
I rejoice in the fact that my understanding the truth made me free from committing sin.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Agreed, just unbelievers.

I have been converted for some time now

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks for admitting you haven't been a believer for some time now, Hoping!

Repent! Turn to Christ, let Him save you!

Stop relying on your own works to try to get yourself to heaven!

Believe and you will be saved!

Hoping

Banned
Look at the scripture that I gave you. Only Paul was tasked with that job.

Since you are not going to dialog, you can remain in your error.