Can a Christian lose their salvation

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Evangelism and missionary work would otherwise be superfluous.
LOL @ you, a one-man heretical cult, meaninglessly mentioning evangelism and missionary work. Let us know if you ever find someone dumb enough to become the second member of your congregation.

Hoping

Banned
According to you, no sinner ever repents of sin, since, according to you, no sinner has faith. So what man are you talking about?
All men come to a point in their lives where they can avail themselves of the Advocate: so they can change from what they once were.

Hoping

Banned
But, if by your word, "men", you are referring to sinners, then you contradict what you say, there, by what you say here:

Why are you so addicted to contradicting yourself?
Why would God offer mankind repentance from sin if it was impossible to actually turn from sin ?

Hoping

Banned
LOL @ you, a one-man heretical cult, meaninglessly mentioning evangelism and missionary work. Let us know if you ever find someone dumb enough to become the second member of your congregation.
3000 believed on the day of Pentecost.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why would God offer mankind repentance from sin

That's not what God offered.

He offered SALVATION from sin and death, if we repent to God.

Repenting from sin does nothing, except shows your humility!

It's simply an acknowledgement that "I can't do this on my own, and I need a Savior to save me from my sin."

Letting go of the rope is not continuing the struggle of climbing the rope!

if it was impossible to actually turn from sin ?

Because men can't turn from sin.

It's their nature!

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT GRACE IS FOR!!!

Hoping

Banned
That's not what God offered.
It is written..."When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life." (Acts 11:18)
If you wish to differentiate between granted and offered, feel free.
If there is no repentance...from sin, there will be no salvation.
He offered SALVATION from sin and death, if we repent to God.
Repenting from sin does nothing, except shows your humility!
It's simply an acknowledgement that "I can't do this on my own, and I need a Savior to save me from my sin."
Letting go of the rope is not continuing the struggle of climbing the rope!
Sorrow without change is worldly sorrow. (2 Cor 7:10)
It worketh death.
Because men can't turn from sin.
That is an error.
It's their nature
Only the "nature" of the unregenerated is mired in sin.
THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT GRACE IS FOR!!!
Your bandage was my cure.

7djengo7

All repentant people were once sinners, but they turned from sin and became non-sinners...thanks to the grace and mercy of God.
VS
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
According to your vicious heresy, a new creature has been a sinner. When God created Adam, He created someone who had never been a sinner. Yet, according to your heresy, when God creates the new creature spoken of by Paul in the verse you quoted, He created someone who has been a sinner.

By your heresy, you reject and spit upon the Pauline doctrine of God's new creatures in Christ, by telling us that God's new creatures in Christ "were once sinners". You are saying God's work in creating His new creations in Christ is not as good as was His work in creating Adam; for, a creature that was once a sinner is not as good as a creature that was never a sinner.

Hoping

Banned
According to you..., a new creature has been a sinner.
Had been a sinner...yes.
When God created Adam, He created someone who had never been a sinner.
Yes, just like every man reborn of God's seed.
Yet, according to you..., when God creates the new creature spoken of by Paul in the verse you quoted, He created someone who has been a sinner.
Had been, as the new creature replaces an old creature.
By you..., you reject and spit upon the Pauline doctrine of God's new creatures in Christ, by telling us that God's new creatures in Christ "were once sinners".
Romans 5:8 says the same thing..."But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
You are saying God's work in creating His new creations in Christ is not as good as was His work in creating Adam; for, a creature that was once a sinner is not as good as a creature that was never a sinner.
Why do you think that ?
Adam was made sinless.
Those reborn of God's seed are also made sinless.
What difference do you see there ?

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
What part of "the leopard cannot change his spots" and "the Ethiopian cannot change his skin" (Jeremiah 13:23) do you not get,?
God can do anything.
The verse you kindly provided point to the sovereignty of God, and to His power to provide for those who love Him with all their heart, soul, strength, might, and will.
A leopard who is reborn as a lamb will be what God ordains him to be.

Hoping

Banned
You've parroted that stupidity more than once, and it's meaningless every time,...
To some, the grace of God is of limited power.
Only a bandage for ongoing sin, in this case.
To me it can do whatever God wants it to do.
Including make a man a non-sinner, and keep him a non-sinner.

7djengo7

God can do anything.
Even things He can't do, like deny Himself? Contrary to your stupidity, God cannot do everything; and you blaspheme Him by saying He can, since, by doing so you are saying (among other things) that God can love evil, and that God can believe falsehood (like, for instance, the proposition that God is evil).