Calvinism's Reprobate & Matthew 5:43-48

Lon

No. I would not take the "unjust" in Matthew 5:45 as being Calvinism's "eternally reprobate".

What about in the story of the wheat and tares? Are tares reprobates? Scripture uses the word reprobate. What is your scriptural understanding of the term? Thanks.

beloved57

Yes. Among them, David, himself--seeing as David was a worker of iniquity in his working of murder and adultery. You don't disagree that to work the murder of Uriah the Hittite and to work adultery with Uriah's wife, Bathsheba, is to work iniquity, do you? And, to work iniquity is to be a worker of iniquity. Thus, David was a worker of iniquity. And, David, himself, said to God: "Thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

So, what (if any) point do you imagine you're making?

False statement. God doesnt hate all that work iniquity, some people He Loved while workers of iniquity Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So any reasonable thinking person knows the sinners in Rom 5:8 cannot be the same sinners in Ps 5:5

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
False statement.

Here, you're blaspheming God's Word by a charge of falsehood against it, by telling me that what David wrote is a false statement.

Here's what David, by the Holy Spirit, actually stated about God: "Thou hatest ALL workers of iniquity."
Here's the contradictory of what David, by the Holy Spirit, actually stated about God: "Thou hatest NOT all workers of iniquity."

Since what David stated is true, that which is the contradictory of what David stated is false. Thus, "Thou hatest NOT all workers of iniquity" is false.

So, yeah; again, David, having been a worker of iniquity (adultery, murder), was, as such, hated by God.

God doesnt hate all that work iniquity,

I notice, here, that you're substituting the phrase, "all that work iniquity", in place of the phrase, "all workers of iniquity". Why do you do this?

Are not all that work iniquity, workers of iniquity? Do you really wish to make yourself into a clown by claiming that some that work iniquity are, somehow, not workers of iniquity?

some people He Loved while workers of iniquity Rom 5:8

Sure. I don't deny that one bit, but what (if anything) do you imagine that's got to do with the issue at hand? The question at hand is whether or not God hates all workers of iniquity; the question at hand is not whether or not God loves some workers of iniquity. Why did you want to change the subject?

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So any reasonable thinking person knows the sinners in Rom 5:8 cannot be the same sinners in Ps 5:5

Nobody knows that the sinners in Romans 5:8 cannot be the same sinners in Psalm 5:5, since the sinners in Romans 5:8 are, in fact, at least some of the same sinners in Psalm 5:5.

beloved57

Here, you're blaspheming God's Word by a charge of falsehood against it, by telling me that what David wrote is a false statement.

Here's what David, by the Holy Spirit, actually stated about God: "Thou hatest ALL workers of iniquity."
Here's the contradictory of what David, by the Holy Spirit, actually stated about God: "Thou hatest NOT all workers of iniquity."

Since what David stated is true, that which is the contradictory of what David stated is false. Thus, "Thou hatest NOT all workers of iniquity" is false.

So, yeah; again, David, having been a worker of iniquity (adultery, murder), was, as such, hated by God.

I notice, here, that you're substituting the phrase, "all that work iniquity", in place of the phrase, "all workers of iniquity". Why do you do this?

Are not all that work iniquity, workers of iniquity? Do you really wish to make yourself into a clown by claiming that some that work iniquity are, somehow, not workers of iniquity?

Sure. I don't deny that one bit, but what (if anything) do you imagine that's got to do with the issue at hand? The question at hand is whether or not God hates all workers of iniquity; the question at hand is not whether or not God loves some workers of iniquity. Why did you want to change the subject?

Nobody knows that the sinners in Romans 5:8 cannot be the same sinners in Psalm 5:5, since the sinners in Romans 5:8 are, in fact, at least some of the same sinners in Psalm 5:5.

God hates some sinners Ps 5:5 and other sinners God Loves Rom 5:8

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
God hates some sinners Ps 5:5 and other sinners God Loves Rom 5:8

You already said that--trying, and failing, to present an argument with it. Now, you're simply repeating what you already said, but this time not even trying to present an argument with it.

beloved57

You already said that--trying, and failing, to present an argument with it. Now, you're simply repeating what you already said, but this time not even trying to present an argument with it.

I know I already said it with scripture and you seem to deny it. Its not going to change though !