California lawmakers seek to end 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions

Granite

Hall of Fame
Have you receive the three doses of hepatitis B vaccine that children are being mandated to get? If not, why should they get that vaccine, but not you?

If you had any idea what you're talking about you'd know the hep-b vax isn't mandatory in every state. And if you want to turn this into Twenty Questions About Granite's Health, start a new thread. I'm serious. All you're doing now is trying to change the subject and stall.

How do you know your immunity hasn't waned?

If you understood how the MMR vaccine works you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question. In fact if you understood how vaccines worked period you wouldn't be such a reckless death-seeking lunatic.

Now answer mine:

How do you feel about vaccines for typhoid or polio?

For someone who accuses people of lying or ignoring questions you sure seem to have a problem with this one.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Have either of you ever injected someone with immunoglobulin? Yes? No?

I have. And I've supervised more of them than I have given. And it's not without risk. I've seen at least one serious reaction to that.

Daedalean's_Sun

Only a person who has the disease can do that

And as we saw in the last major outbreak, 90% of those infected were unvaccinated, despite vaccinated individuals greatly outnumbering unvaccinated individuals. Why do you suppose that is?

and vaccinated children can still get measles infection.

At a vastly diminished rate.

It's believed natural immunity conveys lifelong protection.

It depends on the specific disease, influenza mutates at a rapid rate so waning immunity is a big problem, measles does not. In any case immunity from vaccines suffers from the same waning immunity than from other sources. It's not as if the virus knows how it was transmitted.

The immunity afforded will be the same regardless if the virus was transmitted by exposure to other infected people or though intravenous injection. The virus doesn't know how it got there.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It depends on the specific disease, influenza mutates at a rapid rapid so waning immunity is a big problem, measles does not. In any case immunity from vaccines suffers from the same waning immunity than from other sources. It's not as if the virus knows how it was transmitted.

Influenza vaccine is an inactivated virus preparation, which does not give as lasting immunity as a live virus vaccine will. As you suggest, it doesn't really make much sense to use a live virus vaccine for a virus as mutable as influenza.

Daedalean's_Sun

from source:

A list of quotations, one stood out to me:

"I once believed in Jenner. I once believed in Pasteur. But I changed my views as a result of hard thinking...Why is it that medical men for the most part follow the fashion of the day?...Is it that they dare not think?...A man is 'eminent' as long as he is orthodox. When he begins to think for himself he becomes a 'crank'."
Walter Hadwen, MD MRCS, LRCP LSA (1925)

Pasteur? Why doesn't Walter Hadwen believe Louis Pasteur, the father of microbiology?

That's probably because Walter Hadwen rejected Germ Theory. Why is it unsurprising that anti-vaxxers would be citing the words of a long dead Germ Theory Denialist? Loons fly in a flock, apparently.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Is there any denying that the measles vaccine reduces one's odds of getting measles? Is that even debatable?

i heard from a playboy bunny turned actress on a popular talk show on tv that somebody, somewhere, once upon a time, got measles just from hearing about the measles vaccine

so there :p

whoop.jpg