Cal Thomas: Obama missed a chance to condemn Muslim atrocities

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

There was a time when the 63-year-old National Prayer Breakfast was a rather mundane affair. It rarely made news. Speakers — evangelist Billy Graham spoke at most of the early ones — talked about Jesus and salvation. Presidents, beginning with Dwight D. Eisenhower, would follow with unremarkable comments mostly ignored or relegated to the religion page by the secular press.
In recent years the breakfast’s higher purpose has sometimes been tainted by politics from a lower kingdom, not by the choice of the Senate and House members who alternate organizing the event, but by some speakers who have used it to promote personal agendas.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...uld-have-condemn-muslim-atroci/#ixzz3RP8UpYee

Obama's priorties are skewed in these matters. Does he not care? Do the Muslims have him in thier back pocket or is he a closet Muslim? I have heard all sorts of thoeries on this and his behavior only add fuel to these rumors.

republicanchick

]Obama's priorties are skewed in these matters. Does he not care? Do the Muslims have him in thier back pocket or is he a closet Muslim? I have heard all sorts of thoeries on this and his behavior only add fuel to these rumors.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

yeh, all of the above

he is a closet... fill in the blanks...

he lied to get elected

but then, that goes w/o saying

all lefties are liars..

1996... Bosnia... Hillary Clinton... sniper fire... "I was sleep deprived"....

"If you like your plan you can keep it.."

"I saw a dead body floating by in the French quarter"

geeze...

++

Lexington'96

What would Obama accomplish by denouncing Islamic terrorism? Everyone knows that ISIS is evil. I haven't condemned racism today but that no one is using that to accuse me of being a racist.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

There was a time when the 63-year-old National Prayer Breakfast was a rather mundane affair. It rarely made news. Speakers — evangelist Billy Graham spoke at most of the early ones — talked about Jesus and salvation. Presidents, beginning with Dwight D. Eisenhower, would follow with unremarkable comments mostly ignored or relegated to the religion page by the secular press.
In recent years the breakfast’s higher purpose has sometimes been tainted by politics from a lower kingdom, not by the choice of the Senate and House members who alternate organizing the event, but by some speakers who have used it to promote personal agendas.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...uld-have-condemn-muslim-atroci/#ixzz3RP8UpYee

Obama's priorties are skewed in these matters. Does he not care? Do the Muslims have him in thier back pocket or is he a closet Muslim? I have heard all sorts of thoeries on this and his behavior only add fuel to these rumors.

Let's hope all faiths "have him in Obama's back pocket."

Anyone in my view who thinks Obama is a Muslim--in the closet or not--has been swayed by hate radio and fear of "the other."

I for one do not want paranoia-based policy in America. We already have an unhealthy dose of that in Obama's drone policy and his bombing campaign.

"If you look for the bad in a man, expecting to find it, you surely will." --Abraham Lincoln

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cal Thomas: Obama missed a chance to condemn Muslim atrocities.

I think that this would be a great opportunity for TOL's B. Hussein Obama supporters to condemn Muslim atrocities for him (not just ISIS, but all Muslim atrocities that are currently taking place throughout the world).

Islam: One really messed up religion

kayla.jpg

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Since I can't wait until Hell freezes over...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find Obama to be a contradiction. He is very supportive of Muslims. But on the other hand he is also supportive of LGBT's and feminists. But Muslims are in opposition to the other groups Obama supports. Muslims kill homosexuals by throwing them off of buildings. Islam is also a very misogynistic religion. Islam is very oppresive to women. I won't get into the ugly details.

shagster01

What would Obama accomplish by denouncing Islamic terrorism? Everyone knows that ISIS is evil. I haven't condemned racism today but that no one is using that to accuse me of being a racist.

I was going to say the same thing. He has denounced it a thousand times before. Apparently none of those times counted.

musterion

How is Obama a "Muslim"? :idunno:

I dunno.

Maybe because of his Muslim faith. Maybe because he denies the future to those who slander "the prophet Mohammed." Maybe because he thinks Islam helped shape the U.S. Maybe because he said Islam has always been part of the U.s. Maybe because he thinks civilization owes a debt of gratitude to Islam. Maybe because he applauds Islam for advancing "justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.” Maybe because he believes Islam's job is to promote peace and isn't part of the problem of terrorism.

There's more. Do you want more?

shagster01

I find Obama to be a contradiction. He is very supportive of Muslims. But on the other hand he is also supportive of LGBT's and feminists. But Muslims are in opposition to the other groups Obama supports. Muslims kill homosexuals by throwing them off of buildings. Islam is also a very misogynistic religion. Islam is very oppresive to women. I won't get into the ugly details.

Yeah. Who wants a leader that tries to work with everybody, right?

musterion

Obama could secretly be a Muslim, then again, George Washington could have been a secret practitioner of Norse Paganism.

Is that what libertarian logic looks like?

We demonstrated Obama's peculiar affinity for Islam...no, he demonstrated it himself. Publicly.

Show a prayer GW made to Odin and you might have a point.

shagster01

Is that what libertarian logic looks like?

We demonstrated Obama's peculiar affinity for Islam...no, he demonstrated it himself. Publicly.

Show a prayer GW made to Odin and you might have a point.

He also stated he is a Christian. What say you? Why do you believe him on one and not the other?

rexlunae

Why do you think he was looking for such a chance? What good would it have done? It's true that our enemies in the region are Muslims, but then so are our allies. It seems foolish to me as a tactic, as well as historically inaccurate, to characterize Islam as inherently more violent than Christianity.

musterion

The only thing that's really peculiar about it is that it was found in a statement by a leader from a country that tends to coddle Christians.

People like us built the joint, not godless parasites like you freeloaders who came by later to tear the place down.