BT's POTD 12-28-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean Todd

Originally posted by LightSon
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Leo Volont
yeah! Me and Uriyah DO see eye to eye in regards to paul. That is why I think it absolutely essential to toss out the canonization of paul if any progress is to be made toward an ecumenical reconciliation between the World's Higher Religions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want "reconciliation between the World's Higher Religions," then you'll need to "toss out" Jesus Christ also. He stood opposed to any such syncretism. Jesus is the only way, not Buddha.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo Volont
Not just Uriyah, but everyone with the least spark of moral sensitivity knows that any doctrine that simply forgives sin, is condoning sin. You can't teach people that they can escape the consequences of sin without expecting them all to swell up with [arousal] for their next lascivious adventure. Christianity -- Paulianity, I should say -- is therefore morally disgusting.

The reason you say this Leo, is because you do not understand the propitiation, nor the process of forgiveness. You do not know Christ and the forgiveness that only He gives. You are trying to appease God through your own flesh and feeble efforts. Christ did not condemn the woman taken in adultery, yet He told her to go and sin no more. Did Jesus forgive her? Did He remove all consequences of her sin? There are dynamics here that you just do not understand.

Unless our righteousness exceeds that of the Pharysees, we will not see the kingdom of God. You can keep trying to attain that righteousness, but you will fail. Why not accept the righteousness that is Christ? In sanctifying me, God is causing the old things to pass away, making all things new. My "lascivious adventures" are becoming a thing of the past. Sorry to spoil your theory, but it is God that works in me to will and to do of His good pleasure. I accept Christ and His cleansing and forgiveness.

The bold was added by me, for emphasis. Great post Light Son.

You can find the context here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=421091#post421091

Status
Not open for further replies.