boycott the NFL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you have a job and you wear a political shirt to work or stage protests on the job what would happen? These players are paid to do a job and paid very well. They also have plenty of time and opportunity to protest and speak out on their own time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you have a job and you wear a political shirt to work or stage protests on the job what would happen?
Depends on the employment contract you have with the owner.

These players are paid to do a job and paid very well.
They're the product. There's no game anyone is watching without them. It's not comparable to most jobs for that reason. I mean, maybe you love comedy so much that if Seinfeld skipped a concert you'd be okay seeing the next guy the theater owner trots out, but I bet most people wouldn't.

They also have plenty of time and opportunity to protest and speak out on their own time.
Who disputes that?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you have a job and you wear a political shirt to work or stage protests on the job what would happen? These players are paid to do a job and paid very well. They also have plenty of time and opportunity to protest and speak out on their own time.
I won't argue about calling it a staged protest but I also would caution against making too much of it. He isn't bringing objects or props. He isn't changing his clothing. He isn't doing anything before or after the game either on the field or off. The league plays the anthem before each game and he chose to kneel. That's quite a mild form of a staged protest.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They should all practice their politics on their own time. Thats for anyone in any job, example, fast food workers refusing to serve cops, they get fired, these nfl players, should be fired also.

If they really want to protest and the flag offends them, they should put their money where their mouth is, and quit. Then take the millions they have made and move to another country.

You would see real fast who believes what they claim.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I won't argue about calling it a staged protest but I also would caution against making too much of it. He isn't bringing objects or props. He isn't changing his clothing. He isn't doing anything before or after the game either on the field or off. The league plays the anthem before each game and he chose to kneel. That's quite a mild form of a staged protest.
No pig socks?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They should all practice their politics on their own time. Thats for anyone in any job, example, fast food workers refusing to serve cops, they get fired, these nfl players, should be fired also.
That's not the same thing. The fast food worker is paid to serve customers. NFL players are not paid to stand during the anthem.

If they really want to protest and the flag offends them, they should put their money where their mouth is, and quit. Then take the millions they have made and move to another country.

You would see real fast who believes what they claim.

:doh:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's not the same thing. The fast food worker is paid to serve customers. NFL players are not paid to stand during the anthem.

:doh:

They are paid to do what their coaches tell them to do. You get it, but pretend you dont.

Their politics should be practised on their own time, period. They arent special because they make more than the fast food workers.

They are ungrateful thugs.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They are paid to do what their coaches tell them to do. You get it, but pretend you dont.
They are paid to play football. Coaches are paid to coach football. I don't think the anthem is under either job description.

I suppose a coach could bench a player because of it. I think they have been largely silent on the issue though.

Their politics should be practised on their own time, period. They arent special because they make more than the fact food workers.
Who has said they are?

drbrumley

Their politics should be practised on their own time, period. They arent special because they make more than the fact food workers.

They are ungrateful thugs.

So if they were protesting for those being robbed blind by a government of thieves, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

So if they were protesting for those being taken advantage of by a government of scoundrels, idiots and cowards, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

So if they were protesting for those being locked up by a government of greedy jailers, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

So if they were protesting for those being spied on by a government of Peeping Toms, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

So if they were protesting for those being forced to surrender our freedoms—and those of our children—to a government of extortionists, money launderers and professional pirates, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

So if they were protesting for those 60,000,000 babies aborted since 1973, that wouldn't be ok? I wish they did.

Bottom line I guess is if the above were the things being protested by taking a knee during an anthem, you would have an issue with it? So really it is the topic of the protesting subject?